ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:DeVito, an addition to the Chiefs’ defensive line, can’t wait to get started (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271416)

ChiefGator 03-24-2013 04:22 AM

It is interesting that Sutton didn't want to resign Ropapatuti, or whatever his name was, since he played for him in NY.

That's not from the article, of course, I just suddenly thought of it.

BlackHelicopters 03-24-2013 05:51 AM

"Chiefs to play home games at Arrowhead". Adam Teicher

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-24-2013 06:42 AM

2 1/2 sacks in 6 years. But he's got a plan to watch tape and figure out how to be an awesome pass rusher., :doh!:

cabletech94 03-24-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9524899)
Someone should come out with a parody blog where they write fake Chiefs new that's the exact OPPOSITE of what the KC Star shits out.

you might be on to something here.

post the original article, and then the fake one, just so you don't get bant. or whatever.

milkman 03-24-2013 07:38 AM

As has been pointed out here numerous times, teams are passing the ball on first and second down as much as they are running it.

There is simply no such thing as a running down anymore.

A one dimensional run stuffer in today's NFL on the D-Line is a useless relic.

chiefzilla1501 03-24-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9524824)
KC Star is writing the same articles over and over again.

(Insert name) can't wait to get started.

Blah Blah Blah Blah.

How about something more substantive... such as why won't the Chiefs buck a 30 year trend of not drafting a QB in the first round.

Actually, they haven't. This is a puff piece and I hate puff pieces, but they're important and Pioli would NEVER let players be anything more than robots. I've said for a while that we need more homer fans. As much as they drive me crazy, they all make Arrowhead a great place to play. Something Pioli was too stupid to realize.

chiefzilla1501 03-24-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9525249)
As has been pointed out here numerous times, teams are passing the ball on first and second down as much as they are running it.

Devito isn't a good pass defender, but he's not really a liability either. Keep in mind that the Rex Ryan defense is fairly similar to 2-gap in that you have DEs who play more 2-gap, except that it relies on a TON of blitz pressure and mixtures of alignments. I agree that D-linemen need versatility in the new age of no huddle offenses. Keep in mind that DeVito can play lots of different techniques.

milkman 03-24-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9525274)
Devito isn't a good pass defender, but he's not really a liability either. Keep in mind that the Rex Ryan defense is fairly similar to 2-gap in that you have DEs who play more 2-gap, except that it relies on a TON of blitz pressure and mixtures of alignments. I agree that D-linemen need versatility in the new age of no huddle offenses. Keep in mind that DeVito can play lots of different techniques.

Ryan used a lot of blitz because the Jets lacked any semblence of a pass rush threat.

Rasputin 03-24-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9525249)

In a 3-4 deffense how many sacks should a decent to good DE make a year?

Is more than 3 too much to ask? Or is one a year if that like T Jack makes good enough? I'm asking because it would be nice to get sack production out of our DEs. How many should they be getting a year?

boogblaster 03-24-2013 10:34 AM

at least we buildin a team .. back-ups and two-down players are part of it ....

Direckshun 03-24-2013 10:40 AM

I'm sorry, but this is the shit that gets me hard.

I am a ****ing addict of the dirty work of the defensive line.

I may have a new favorite player.

Sorter 03-24-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9525274)

Romeo is probably one of the few guys who nearly always uses an odd front, which requires both DEs to play 2gap tech.

Ryan and Sutton both will play 2 gap from the odd but also use a variety of fronts out of their base 3-4 alignment (over ed, under reduce, etc) which will usually involve 1 DE playing 2gap principles whilst the NT and other DE playing upfield techs/principles.

loochy 03-24-2013 10:44 AM

LET'S GET IT STARTED IN HEAH

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...39ewo1_500.gif

milkman 03-24-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9525385)
In a 3-4 deffense how many sacks should a decent to good DE make a year?

Is more than 3 too much to ask? Or is one a year if that like T Jack makes good enough? I'm asking because it would be nice to get sack production out of our DEs. How many should they be getting a year?

The Bruce Smiths and JJ Watts are not the norm.

Getting pressure and penetration from your defensive line to create opportunities for your pass rushing LBS is what you hope for.

The Steelers line through the years haven't recorded a bunch of sacks, but we know the names of James Harrison and Lamar Woodly due in large part because of thde work along the line.

Sorter 03-24-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9525450)
The Bruce Smiths and JJ Watts are not the norm.

Getting pressure and penetration from your defensive line to create opportunities for your pass rushing LBS is what you hope for.

The Steelers line through the years haven't recorded a bunch of sacks, but we know the names of James Harrison and Lamar Woodly due in large part because of thde work along the line.

This can't be stated enough.