ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who would Scott Pioli draft at #1? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266639)

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 08:54 PM

Who would Scott Pioli draft at #1?

Let's say hell freezes over and Pioli is our GM next April. Let's say hell also then melts and freezes over again and he decides to draft a QB with the #1 pick.

Who would he pick?

There is no question in my mind he'd take Barkley.

This is a worthwhile QB thread, thanks for participating.

Sorter 11-14-2012 08:54 PM

I think Barkley as well.

The Bad Guy 11-14-2012 08:55 PM

If Scott Pioli is here, I don't give a shit who they take. I'm no longer a fan.

Marcellus 11-14-2012 08:55 PM

Barkley x2. Not even sure why and I actually don't mind it other than I don't want Pioli here.

Deberg_1990 11-14-2012 08:55 PM

He lets Albert walk and drafts whatever the top LT is.

hometeam 11-14-2012 08:56 PM

And for the first pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select.. Sam Montgomery, defensive end, LSU.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 08:56 PM

Pioli ain't drafting for the chiefs. ever again.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 08:57 PM

Interestingly enough NFLdraftcountdown.com has Barkley as their #1.

TribalElder 11-14-2012 08:57 PM

Jarvis Jones or whatever his name is from Georgia

Monte tao or whatever from Norte Dame

Hopefully it's a QB but he might lack the sack

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 08:58 PM

ROFLCOPTER

http://i.imgur.com/wQ8Qi.jpg

jd1020 11-14-2012 08:58 PM

Weird.

Every option is a QB...

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9119603)
Interestingly enough NFLdraftcountdown.com has Barkley as their #1.

and walter yadayada has Geno there for the Chiefs.

The Bad Guy 11-14-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9119596)

Wouldn't shock me. He's been trying to find a reason to replace Albert every year and this would be the best excuse yet.

jaa1025 11-14-2012 09:00 PM

LSU is pretty upset that their Dline has no representative on your poll.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 09:01 PM

Barkley is barely 6-2 and has a questionable arm and limited mobility.

There is no way I take him #1.

I'd rather have Bray.

jd1020 11-14-2012 09:01 PM

If it's a QB and Pioli is the one making the decision I think, given his history, I would throw Barkley out... too short.

Discuss Thrower 11-14-2012 09:01 PM

Manti Te'o

Tribal Warfare 11-14-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9119620)
Manti Te'o

This

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9119612)
Wouldn't shock me. He's been trying to find a reason to replace Albert every year and this would be the best excuse yet.

The fact that Albert wasn't extended after last season tells you all you need to know.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:03 PM

from walter football;

The Chiefs are terrible. They need to clean house and start over, as the awesome @saveourchiefs Twitter handle will tell you. They have to fire people in the front office, including Scott Pioli, who has done an awful job. They also need to find a franchise quarterback. Thanks to stupid plays, as seen on Monday night at Pittsburgh, they're currently projected to have a very early selection, which means they can draft either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley.

Smith is now atop the mock again in the wake of Matt Barkley's struggles, but I wouldn't rule out Barkley re-taking the No. 1 position in the future. It'll be a tight race until April.

hahahaha awesome truth

Bump 11-14-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119600)
Pioli ain't drafting for the chiefs. ever again.

yes he is. 0% chance Clark fires him and he ain't resigning...

Bump 11-14-2012 09:05 PM

but he's not gonna take a QB. HE's gonna take that d-lineman from LSU and Cassel will be the starter next year.

jd1020 11-14-2012 09:06 PM

Probably more likely that Pioli trades down and picks Jones/Bray in round 2/late round 1, if Bray declares.

AussieChiefsFan 11-14-2012 09:07 PM

A d lineman

notorious 11-14-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9119632)
Probably more likely that Pioli trades down and picks Jones/Bray in round 2/late round 1, if Bray declares.

Yep.

He will keep/start Casfail or acquire retread garbage and bench a mid rounder for the future.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9119627)
yes he is. 0% chance Clark fires him and he ain't resigning...

I think things are going to get real ugly real soon at arrowhead. no way Pioli survives.

notorious 11-14-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119641)
I think things are going to get real ugly real soon at arrowhead. no way Pioli survives.

We keep saying that, but nothing happens.

They don't give a ****.

Bump 11-14-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Clark doesn't even care though, he's not gonna fire anybody. He's too much of a pussy for that.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9119647)
Clark doesn't even care though, he's not gonna fire anybody. He's too much of a pussy for that.

He forced out Carl and permitted Haley's axing.

tk13 11-14-2012 09:16 PM

Trade down. Pick up an extra 3rd and 5th round pick. That will allow us to finally get that LT we need in the 1st, and still pick up a QB and slot WR in the 5th.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9119618)
Barkley is barely 6-2 and has a questionable arm and limited mobility.

There is no way I take him #1.

I'd rather have Bray.

Wonder how many of Parcells qualifications Barkley meets?

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9119653)
Wonder how many of Parcells qualifications Barkley meets?

All of them, since he's a 4-year starter, basically.

Quote:

His rules are as follows:

The quarterback must be a senior. . .because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback

He must be a graduate. . .because you want somebody that takes their responsibilities seriously.

He must be a three-year starter. . .because you want to make sure his success wasn't a fluke and to know that he has been "the guy" for a significant period of time.

He must have 23 wins. . .because big numbers don't mean a whole lot if you don't win.

Fat Elvis 11-14-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Clark wants consistency (ROFL how many coordinators and head coaches under Pioli?). No way he axes Pioli. Clark doesn't want the next GM (several years down the road) to feel as though the front office is little more than a game of musical chairs.

ILChief 11-14-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

I think it happens after the season. What's the point now

DJ's left nut 11-14-2012 09:41 PM

Please - as if this is a question.

He'll take the 'safe', wholesome kid from a major program. There's no question he'll take Barkley because Barkley can step in next year and play. He's the most limited QB available, but he also probably has the least work to do to get to at NFL ready.

Geno will be better than Barkley by the end of 2013, but he'll still be considered too risky for Pioli.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9119721)
Clark wants consistency (ROFL how many coordinators and head coaches under Pioli?). No way he axes Pioli. Clark doesn't want the next GM (several years down the road) to feel as though the front office is little more than a game of musical chairs.

Anyone can see Pioli is one of the biggest failures of a GM in NFL history.

No sense in keeping him. A competent GM isn't gonna care that we fired Pioli after the 4 worst years in franchise history.

petegz28 11-14-2012 09:42 PM

I said Landry because Scott would see a QB would available later down the pipe, trade down in the Patriot Way to get more picks and pick the worst of the lot.

BigMeatballDave 11-14-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Musical chairs?

The last one was there 20 yrs.

jd1020 11-14-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Could be a reason for him to get rid of Pioli... He wants consistency, but because Pioli is such a dumbass and in love with ex-Patriot washouts he'll never get it. So maybe he'll fire him to hire someone who will get it.

petegz28 11-14-2012 09:45 PM

I can't see how anyone in their right mind would retain Pioli. If this was his 1st year he would get a pass. This is his 4th and we are worse than the day he got here. Not something that would get you kudos in any other walk of life.

JoeyChuckles 11-14-2012 09:46 PM

If we draft Geno, can we say Genoious! to everything he does?

If so, I hope it's him.

BWillie 11-14-2012 09:49 PM

Who will Pioli draft? A defensive tackle. So the common fan wont be able to know if his draft pick failed. As usual

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9119689)
All of them, since he's a 4-year starter, basically.

Kind of what I thought. That is our boy. Pioli will follow this.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

this is Pioli's forth season. He will get fired because he had plenty of time and did turn the team around, but then made some moves that forced it into a tailspin. Clark will be limited in who comes, yes, but it wont be because of fear of "musical chairs" it will be a very well founded fear of getting talent to come and help this bottom feeder of a team -- which is Clark's fault.

TribalElder 11-14-2012 10:03 PM

They tried to tank last season but Palko's tenacity kept this team in it. This year we are all in on operation rebuild through the draft.

It's cheaper thanks to the wage scale and fans allow some fail if a new QB comes in.

I gotta think the Clarks are on board, the question is will Pioli have to walk the plank before April so we get someone else in here to help rebuild

RunKC 11-14-2012 10:04 PM

If Pioli is here, I literally think he's gonna try like hell to bring in Josh McDaniels and trade our 33rd pick for Ryan Mallet.

That's why we must get rid of him.

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9119798)
If Pioli is here, I literally think he's gonna try like hell to bring in Josh McDaniels and trade our 33rd pick for Ryan Mallet.

That's why we must get rid of him.

And then Josh makes a trade for Tebow.

Chief_For_Life58 11-14-2012 10:18 PM

wheres the choice for the top corner? hes already got his qb

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:22 PM

Pioli is such a dumb**** that he would take Barkley (because he has a higher floor than the other QBs) and he would force him to sit his whole rookie year while Matt Cassel plays...hoping that he could build up some trade value for Matt.

Complete backwards logic, but its what he would do.

The thing that should happen is that they should take Geno Smith and start him game one and cut Cassel unless they can get SOMETHING for him.

If they arent confident in Stanzi, cut him and draft another QB in round 4 and sign a FA that could step in for a couple games if Geno gets dinged up.

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:25 PM

What should have happened if Pioli had a clue in his head was for us to sign Mike Sherman as the OC and to trade up for Tannehill and signed Orton.

Cassel should have been traded or cut prior to this season.

Orton
Tannehill
Stanzi

Sherman

This team would be energized right now...big time.

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119856)
Pioli is such a dumb**** that he would take Barkley (because he has a higher floor than the other QBs) and he would force him to sit his whole rookie year while Matt Cassel plays...hoping that he could build up some trade value for Matt.

Complete backwards logic, but its what he would do.

The thing that should happen is that they should take Geno Smith and start him game one and cut Cassel unless they can get SOMETHING for him.

If they arent confident in Stanzi, cut him and draft another QB in round 4 and sign a FA that could step in for a couple games if Geno gets dinged up.

Not only that, he would force him to an EP Offense instead of hiring a WCO guy and helping his development, rather than hindering it.

TLO 11-14-2012 10:28 PM

Tyler Wilson I hope.

Titty Meat 11-14-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9119594)
If Scott Pioli is here, I don't give a shit who they take. I'm no longer a fan.

This.

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 9119871)
Tyler Wilson I hope.

Any of the top 3 if Pioli is gone for me.

If by some chance Scott is here, I think Barkley busts.

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119868)
Not only that, he would force him to an EP Offense instead of hiring a WCO guy and helping his development, rather than hindering it.

That's exactly what would happen.

For the love of God, I hope that bald headed bitch is fired.

I wouldnt be completely shocked if Pioli takes Landry Jones first overall.

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119886)
I wouldnt be completely shocked if Pioli takes Landry Jones first overall.

If this happens, I'll be taking a Chiefs hiatus.

Cephalic Trauma 11-14-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119863)
What should have happened if Pioli had a clue in his head was for us to sign Mike Sherman as the OC and to trade up for Tannehill and signed Orton.

Cassel should have been traded or cut prior to this season.

Orton
Tannehill
Stanzi

Sherman

This team would be energized right now...big time.

We would be 4-5 at best, instead of 1-8.

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9119906)

That would probably put us at 6-10 maybe 8-8 at best?

With a potential franchise QB, that opens up a lot of things in the draft if they finished out at 6-10. Opens a potential trade down, maybe twice that nets us a 1, 2 more 2nds, 2 more 3rds or more. Add that to the additional compensatory picks the Chiefs will get, you could trade back up and grab whatever player you wanted or fill your roster with both BPA in the 1st two rounds and then draft for need in the 3rd and later if you wanted to.

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Really?

In 2011, for only 3 games with Kyle Orton as the starter we beat 2 playoff teams and should have won all three games.

I dont think we would have been blown out of any of our games thus far and would be anywhere from 4-5 to 7-2.

Not only that, we would have a young franchise quarterback developing and a very bright future.

Were you insinuating that would only be marginally a better situation?

Oh well, in th grand scheme of things...if we end up drafting Geno Smith we are better off that way.

Geno Smith + Dontari Poe > Ryan Tannehill and Teo.

I think Teo is another Kuechly or Aaron Curry.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Wasn't hard to see what the appropriate course of action was. Cassel desperately needed to compete for his job after last year. He had been an utter dogshit QB dating back to 2010 vs Oakland.

Yet Pioli treated him like he was a top 10 QB.

And now he should lose his job over it.

I honestly believe he's not very smart at all.

pr_capone 11-14-2012 10:50 PM

Fellas... we are talking about Pioli here. There is no question in my mind that he would pick the shittiest QB out of the bunch. If pioli is in charge of the draft in 2013, the pick will undoubtedly be Landry Jones or Collin Klein.

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9119938)
Wasn't hard to see what the appropriate course of action was. Cassel desperately needed to compete for his job after last year. He had been an utter dogshit QB dating back to 2010 vs Oakland.

Do you listen to Colin Cowherd?

He has mentioned Pioli more than a time or two over the last couple weeks and is always clowning his football acumen.

The last one that immediately comes to mind was when he was talking with someone (I think it was Tedy Bruschi if you want to look up the show or something for a sound bite) and they were talking about Jerry Jones and how little he knows about the intricacies of the game. they sighted a time when Jerry Jones was talking about what had happened to Romo at the end of a game and Jerry said something very "pre school NFL" quality like "They ran a zone type of defense" showing that he didnt even know that the team had run a combo defense and that usually confuses Romo.

Colin immediately started talking about times when he had talked to Scott Pioli and how he got that same feeling from him. That he didnt really know the game at this level very well. He was actually laughing about it.

You could hear Bruschi chuckle, but not comment...we all know why.

I feel bamboozled and should have seen the signs that were all there going back to Piolis first day on the job.

Props go to guys like Talking can, Dane,Hamas and Deez for identifying these things immediately and sticking with their guns.

Those are some of the best posters this site has to offer IMO....even though I disagree with some of them from time to time.

BossChief 11-14-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9119944)
Fellas... we are talking about Pioli here. There is no question in my mind that he would pick the shittiest QB out of the bunch. If pioli is in charge of the draft in 2013, the pick will undoubtedly be Landry Jones or Collin Klein.

the guy got to see Matt Cassel every day for 4 years after the time he spent actually scouting him...and STILL traded a premium pick for him and gave him the biggest contract in Chiefs history.

Ebolapox 11-14-2012 11:06 PM

Teo could be ray freaking lewis--and I wouldn't use the first overall pick on him. positional value=QB. end of story.

BossChief 11-14-2012 11:07 PM

Teo is NOT Ray Lewis.

Not even close.

Ebolapox 11-14-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119994)
Teo is NOT Ray Lewis.

Not even close.

yeah. I know. I was making a point, stanzi.

007 11-14-2012 11:08 PM

none of the above.

RealSNR 11-14-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119956)

I feel bamboozled and should have seen the signs that were all there going back to Piolis first day on the job.

Props go to guys like Talking can, Dane,Hamas and Deez for identifying these things immediately and sticking with their guns.

Those are some of the best posters this site has to offer IMO....even though I disagree with some of them from time to time.

I loved the hire.

Then the Cassel trade happened. I started to get worried. Then the 2009 draft happened

I knew deep down as soon as that happened that we were screwed, but I foolishly kept buying more and more Pioli stock. I said multiple times in early 2009 that I felt sorry for the dumbass team who would wind up trading for Matt Cassel. I knew Jackson was shit. I listened to the endless empty sophistry and bullshit that came from his mouth. But I still believed in him as some football wizard.

It actually took the playoff loss to the Ravens for me to realize that Scott Pioli was a braindead moron who got to the top of the NFL by keeping his nose firmly attached to Bill Parcells' rectum. But by then it was too late.

Absolutely kudos should go to those posters who not only saw this shit stain for what he was at the beginning but also were able to admit to themselves that Pioli was a giant walking vomit stain of a mistake.

tredadda 11-14-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9119596)

Or lets Dorsey walk and replace him with the top SEC d-lineman.

Cephalic Trauma 11-14-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119930)
Really?

In 2011, for only 3 games with Kyle Orton as the starter we beat 2 playoff teams and should have won all three games.

I dont think we would have been blown out of any of our games thus far and would be anywhere from 4-5 to 7-2.

Not only that, we would have a young franchise quarterback developing and a very bright future.

Oh well, in th grand scheme of things...if we end up drafting Geno Smith we are better off that way.

We would be in a much better situation than we are now because the only way we can go is up. I just don't think the Sherman-led dolphins offense (with tannehill) is anything special, and Orton wouldn't make up for the fact that this team has way too many holes. Anything is an upgrade over what we have as our OC/QB combo now, but I still think this team has too many holes to be competitive.

But i do agree that Geno would lead to a brighter future if his ability translates well to the pro game.

Cephalic Trauma 11-14-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9119938)

I agree with all of that. But with Orton, I'm not so sure we would be in position for the #1 pick. What would be better for the long term?

BossChief 11-14-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9120002)
I loved the hire.

Then the Cassel trade happened. I started to get worried. Then the 2009 draft happened

I knew deep down as soon as that happened that we were screwed, but I foolishly kept buying more and more Pioli stock. I said multiple times in early 2009 that I felt sorry for the dumbass team who would wind up trading for Matt Cassel. I knew Jackson was shit. I listened to the endless empty sophistry and bullshit that came from his mouth. But I still believed in him as some football wizard.

It actually took the playoff loss to the Ravens for me to realize that Scott Pioli was a braindead moron who got to the top of the NFL by keeping his nose firmly attached to Bill Parcells' rectum. But by then it was too late.

Absolutely kudos should go to those posters who not only saw this shit stain for what he was at the beginning but also were able to admit to themselves that Pioli was a giant walking vomit stain of a mistake.

I still love his 2010 and 2011 drafts...the last two free agency classes were above average.

I also loved the Todd Haley hire and still think he will be an exceptional coach.

That said, EVERYTHING ELSE was a complete and utter failure with his crowning jewel being his double and tripling down on Matt Cassel.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9120012)
I agree with all of that. But with Orton, I'm not so sure we would be in position for the #1 pick. What would be better for the long term?

I agree completely. I'm glad Pioli didn't sign Orton because we'd be stuck in mediocrity hell.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9120028)
I still love his 2010 and 2011 drafts...

Yeah, you love McCluster despite the fact that he is the most drop-prone wide receiver in the NFL basically.

Arenas finally had a good game so you can trumpet that for a week until Andrew Hawkins is toasting his short, slow ass.

tredadda 11-14-2012 11:18 PM

I think he will take Landry Jones. That is if he is still here which I hope he is not. Jones seems like such a Pioli guy. Questionable talent protected by fantastic talent. Also based off of the TJ and Poe picks it is clear Pioli is not a fan of picking a sure thing.

RealSNR 11-14-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9120034)
Yeah, you love McCluster despite the fact that he is the most drop-prone wide receiver in the NFL basically.

Arenas finally had a good game so you can trumpet that for a week until Andrew Hawkins is toasting his short, slow ass.

?? Are you confusing BossChief with Reerun_KC?

RealSNR 11-14-2012 11:22 PM

What about emu boy from NC State? He seems like the kind of midround QB that a Patriot ****er would take to add competition for the QB2 spot, while completely ignoring the enormous ****ing hole at the starter spot

tredadda 11-14-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119930)
Really?

Really? You give Orton credit for those wins? It was the defense that allowed us to win. Orton did not do any better than Cassel when it came to putting points on the board and as each week went on we scored progressively less. To give Orton any credit for our defense shutting down the GB offense or that 7-3 shootout against a Tebow led Broncos is the height of foolishness. Orton was good at moving the ball, that is it. He could not punch it in when it mattered, so no we would not be any better off with him at QB.

BossChief 11-14-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9120032)
I agree completely. I'm glad Pioli didn't sign Orton because we'd be stuck in mediocrity hell.

bullshit.

The mistake would have been going into the year with Orton and Cassel...not Orton/Stanzi and Tannehill.

Only making a move for Orton would have had us stuck in mediocrity,but that in no way should have been where they should have stopped in fixing our quarterback position.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9120044)
?? Are you confusing BossChief with Reerun_KC?

No, BossChief thinks Dexter is the shit and just needs a QB.