ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Seattle is about to get the Sonics back (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268677)

okcchief 01-10-2013 09:34 AM

Yeah, Cousins is a tremendous talent, but totally out of control. When your own team suspends you for conduct when you are the best player on the team there is a problem.

Valiant 01-10-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 9300562)
The city of Seattle has the rights to the name SuperSonics. It was the only thing left behind. That one who sucks the penis Bennett even took the '79 Championship trophy. What a dick.

That is strange. When the new team resumes under the name supersonics i would assume their history continues. I would be requesting the league to have our trophy returned.

okcchief 01-10-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9302861)
That is strange. When the new team resumes under the name supersonics i would assume their history continues. I would be requesting the league to have our trophy returned.

I'm pretty sure they do regain history, trophies etc. it's been so long I'm fuzzy. I'll try to find it. Obviously, no one from here talks longingly about the 70's Championship team so they should definitely get all that shit back.

SDChiefs 01-10-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9300754)
New Pacific Division
Golden State
LA Clippers
LA Lakers
Portland
Seattle

New Northwest Division
Denver
Minnesota
Oklahoma City
Phoenix
Utah

Fail. Someone needs a geography class.

KCFaninSEA 01-10-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9302879)
I'm pretty sure they do regain history, trophies etc. it's been so long I'm fuzzy. I'll try to find it. Obviously, no one from here talks longingly about the 70's Championship team so they should definitely get all that shit back.

There is a reason the TV announcers say something like, "that is the most points scored by a Thunder player in 25 years.". That is because the history of the Seattle Supersonics was stolen away by the *&%$sucker Clay Bennett. No trophy, no records, no history. David Stern can rot in hell with his pal Clay.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 12:25 PM

Beat reporter for Golden St. is reporting this is a done deal. $525 million and no involvement from the Maloof brothers.

Apparently, the league and David Stern want this to go down, and they're pushing it pretty hard.

Thig Lyfe 01-11-2013 12:55 PM

time for sacramento to pack it in

capital of cali is moving to san fran

even stevens will go down as the only tv show to take place in sac

Bwana 01-11-2013 01:05 PM

They left?

KCFaninSEA 01-11-2013 01:36 PM

Bad situation for the citizens of Sacremento. Great fans that really do support the team. Unfortunately David "The *&^%Sucker" Stern is allowing the movement of these franchises at will, thus alienating fans, and at some point the fans will have had enough.

tk13 01-20-2013 10:22 PM

@ESPNSteinLine
Just going online now: Maloofs have struck deal to sell 65 percent of Kings to Chris Hansen group in Seattle for $525 million, sources say

@ESPNSteinLine
Kings deal to Seattle group still requires formal NBA ratification but Hansen group intends to file for relocation by March 1 if approved

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-20-2013 10:32 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

With sale finalized, NBA's Relocation Committee will approve Kings move to Seattle for next season, sources tell Y! "Formality," source says

Hootie 01-20-2013 10:40 PM

cool

do they get Durant back?

Oh they don't?

Sucks for them!!!

chefsos 01-20-2013 10:45 PM

I'd imagine they do get the right to build a brand new arena, in lieu of Durant.

JoeyChuckles 01-20-2013 11:53 PM

Does the new owner celebrate Hanukkah?

* Adam Sandler song reference.

KC_Connection 01-21-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9301779)
The real star for the Kings is DeMarcus Cousins who is a major headcase.

Incredible talent, though. Having a big year right now for the soon to be Seattle Kings.