ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Bowser 03-19-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9512196)
God ****ing damn...they FINALLY put a Royals game on MLB.tv, and I get to watch this cluster****. That settles it - the Royals are terrible in all games broadcasted online, and will lose 90 games again this year. :(

BREAK DOWN THE SHOP GUYS OUR WORK HERE IS FINISHED

Mama Hip Rockets 03-19-2013 08:41 PM

Heck of a WBC for Kelvin Herrera. Love having that guy on our team.

DeezNutz 03-19-2013 08:59 PM

Relax. At least Frenchy is having a good spring, assuaging any worries we might have about RF.

Archie F. Swin 03-20-2013 05:55 AM

The fact that Hoch is in the pen and Frenchy is batting 8th (I almost typed "hitting") at least suggests that there is *some* common sense at play in Royals camp.

CoMoChief 03-20-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9515462)
The fact that Hoch is in the pen and Frenchy is batting 8th (I almost typed "hitting") at least suggests that there is *some* common sense at play in Royals camp.

I don't think that makes up for the fact they're still on the team though...esp when Wil Myers was sitting behind Frenchy.

But the end game was to trade Myers all along, that's why he was never brought up. I've warmed up to the Shields trade....a little bit. Still think it's ****ing stupid in the grand scheme of things.

Archie F. Swin 03-20-2013 06:41 AM

I think every Royals fan will tussle with the "what if" narrative concerning Myers. I will remain optimistic knowing that we were able to (on paper) make significant rotation improvements without giving up any of our front line guys.

Yes, Wil, might be a star some day, but I'm happy we still have Butler, Gordon, Escobar, Perez, Moustakas and (to some degree) Hosmer.

Deberg_1990 03-20-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9515502)
I think every Royals fan with tussle with the "what if" narrative concerning Myers. I will remain optimistic knowing that we we're able to (on paper) make significant rotation improvements without giving up any of our front line guys.

Yes, Wil, might be a star some day, but I'm happy we still have Butler, Gordon, Escobar, Perez, Moustakas and (to some degree) Hosmer.

I will mostly be mad if Hosmer flops and Myers becomes a breakout star.

Archie F. Swin 03-20-2013 07:00 AM

Has there been any chatter on Starling and Zimmer this spring?

KevB 03-20-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9515515)
Has there been any chatter on Starling and Zimmer this spring?

Rany was on Twitter the other day talking about Bubba. It wasn't positive.

Infidel Goat 03-20-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9514288)
how the **** is jason kendall a notable?

He caught over 2000 games, had over 2000 hits, and had a lifetime OBP of .366. Almost all of his hits came while playing catcher, so I'd guess that he would be in the top 5 for career hits while playing catcher and likely in the top 5 for stolen bases while playing catcher as well. The OBP is also pretty stout.

He was well past his prime when he when he donned a Royal jersey, but he was also one of the best catchers in baseball for a number of years.

To be honest, he's a guy who is probably just a little shy of a ticket to Cooperstown...

Archie F. Swin 03-20-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9515544)

Rany always skews pessimistic. I can only take so much of him.

Prison Bitch 03-20-2013 08:18 AM

Rany is the sunshine, it's Rob who was the rainclouds.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-20-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9515568)
Rany always skews pessimistic. I can only take so much of him.

Rany is not like that at all, he's a realist that crunches numbers and uses sabermetrics to discuss things. He loves the royals and when he sees things to like about them he points those out, however it's been hard over the past 15 years.

WhawhaWhat 03-20-2013 08:53 AM

James Shields directing traffic this morning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFzsqkVCAAASkZY.jpg

duncan_idaho 03-20-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9515544)

There are serious and legitimate questions about Bubba Starling's hit tool.

He's a 6 grade or higher on every other skill (power - 6; run - 8; throw- 6; field- 8). The only question is whether he will make enough contact. He's incredibly raw, still, and there's been a lot of talk about adjusting his swing/approach to leverage his skills.

The struggles this spring have focused on hm having slow/not natural reactions. That could be one of two things:

1) He is still adjusting to the mechanical swing work and doesn't have the muscle memory built up yet
2) He just isn't a good reaction guy.

Even if his hit tool doesn't improve, Starling's defense, running ability and power could make him a Drew Stubbs-like player at the MLB level.

He's going to move slowly, regardless. And that's not necessarily a warning sign.