ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ffl question (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151173)

NJ Chief Fan 11-02-2006 08:21 AM

ffl question

who would you start this week antonio gates vs browns or gonzo vs lambs

ChiefsFan4Life 11-02-2006 08:22 AM

What the hell man, of course you go with Tony G

chop 11-02-2006 08:24 AM

Good question and a nice problem to have. TG is playing extemely well right now and I would lean toward him but you can't go wrong either way.

Simplex3 11-02-2006 08:24 AM

You go with Gonzo if you're a huge homer. If you want to win you play Gates. The Browns are just aweful this year and that game is in SD. The Chiefs have imploded on the road and that game is in StL.

chop 11-02-2006 08:26 AM

I have Gates and Winslow in another league and it's hard to figure out who to start. I usually end up going with Gates. Last week I should have gone with Winslow though.

NJ Chief Fan 11-02-2006 08:27 AM

i know i cant go wrong with either one, browns are terrible, but tony is playing for a new contract and as the lambs D showed last week, they cant cover a great TE and i believe the chief game will be a shoot out were as the brown game is going to be a one sided affair

chop 11-02-2006 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
You go with Gonzo if you're a huge homer. If you want to win you play Gates. The Browns are just aweful this year and that game is in SD. The Chiefs have imploded on the road and that game is in StL.

You're not a "huge homer" if you go with TG. The guy is getting his number called regularly now and is producing.

Simplex3 11-02-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Chief Fan
i know i cant go wrong with either one, browns are terrible, but tony is playing for a new contract and as the lambs D showed last week, they cant cover a great TE and i believe the chief game will be a shoot out were as the brown game is going to be a one sided affair

The Chiefs are going to give LJ all the looks at the goal line. Gonzo's only shot at TDs anymore seem to be long ones and he isn't breaking away from the LBs anymore. Gates has 4TDs this year, TG has 1TD. Your call.

Brock 11-02-2006 08:33 AM

Gonzalez doesn't get opportunities in the red zone like Gates does.

chop 11-02-2006 08:36 AM

I would probably lean towards Gates also but I think Gonzo will be a decent start.

Simplex3 11-02-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop
I would probably lean towards Gates also but I think Gonzo will be a decent start.

If I didn't have Gates I'd feel damn good about starting TG, but there isn't a TE in the league I'd start over Gates this weekend.

StcChief 11-02-2006 08:57 AM

Gates at home vs. Browns....

How the Hell do you have Gates and Gonzo on the same team. Are you playing with idiots.

Brock 11-02-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief

How the Hell do you have Gates and Gonzo on the same team. Are you playing with idiots.

He may have used the not so successful "Draft only TEs" strategy. I tried it once and it didn't really work out.

Simplex3 11-02-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief

He probably got f**ked by an auto-draft like I did. I wound up with Gates, LJ Smith, and some serious holes at WR.

Fish 11-02-2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
He probably got f**ked by an auto-draft like I did. I wound up with Gates, LJ Smith, and some serious holes at WR.

Same here..... Todd Heap and LJ Smith..... Randy Moss was my best WR... :huh: