ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos traded Kaepernick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268829)

BossChief 01-13-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313101)
Chiefs drafted Jon Baldwin over Kaepernick

think about that for a second

He'd probably never see the field with the staff we had in place.

Red Dawg 01-13-2013 12:21 PM

That is just perfect.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313101)
Chiefs drafted Jon Baldwin over Kaepernick

think about that for a second

No, according to this thread, we traded for Baldwin for Kaepernick.

SAUTO 01-13-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313692)
No, according to this thread, we traded for Baldwin for Kaepernick.

Actually this makes no sense.

Kaepernick want taken in our spot.
Posted via Mobile Device

DonTellMeShowMe 01-13-2013 01:41 PM

How bout that Kaeper-keeper?!

Alright I need to go walk that one off

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9313697)
Actually this makes no sense.

Kaepernick want taken in our spot.
Posted via Mobile Device

True, but does it matter all that much to the end result?

This is a case where it's technically true, but the Broncos didn't trade the pick with the intention of giving up the player. That's why I think it was a poor thread. Like my earlier example showed, did the panthers trade darelle revis, or did they trade the pick with the intention of getting more picks?

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 01:50 PM

By that logic, you're effectively trading away any single player you don't choose while acquiring the one you do with your given pick.

Eh, **** it. Agree to disagree

MahiMike 01-13-2013 01:52 PM

Interesting. I just posted in another thread laughing about how Denver overspent for a 2 year old man when they could have had Russell Wilson too. So glad Pioli pissed off Peyton...

Rain Man 01-13-2013 01:58 PM

When you see him on interviews, Kaepernick reminds of me one of those little kids with that aging disease. He always wears a hat that's too big, and then he has kind of a big nose and close-set eyes. I think he's really five years old and everyone just assumes that he's NFL-eligible.

Frankie 01-13-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9313257)
He'd probably never see the field with the staff we had in place.

Or get "fixed" by better coaching. He's not a bust until he busts under this coaching staff.

JohnnyHammersticks 01-13-2013 02:18 PM

Using a pick that high (no. 36) for a quarterback is risky and reckless, especially when you trade for that pick. It's much safer to use high picks for offensive line depth.

Regards,

Scott DickHeadedPrickBalls

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313728)
True, but does it matter all that much to the end result?

This is a case where it's technically true, but the Broncos didn't trade the pick with the intention of giving up the player. That's why I think it was a poor thread. Like my earlier example showed, did the panthers trade darelle revis, or did they trade the pick with the intention of getting more picks?

You're te only person making this idiotic point. Again, your argument makes more sense if they did it this year with Peyton already signed. But they can and should be 2nd guessed for SF swiping Kaep with their pick when they had crap on their roster.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9314871)
You're te only person making this idiotic point. Again, your argument makes more sense if they did it this year with Peyton already signed. But they can and should be 2nd guessed for SF swiping Kaep with their pick when they had crap on their roster.

You completely missed my point, which has nothing to do with Peyton Manning.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 05:18 PM

"End result" has nothing to do with PM. The "end result" is passing on Kaep for Baldwin (in our case), and trading the pick where Kaep was taken(in denver's case). Thus, not having Kaepernick is the end result.

Do I really have to spoon feed you the point in order for you to understand it?

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 05:20 PM

Nice