ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Lance Armstrong cleared of doping charges (and now drops the fight) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141549)

big nasty kcnut 08-24-2012 03:03 AM

Lance armstrong didn't cheat where were these alleged witnesses when he was winning the races and by the usada own admission the statue of limitation is already past for these issues to be brought up all this is is a high tech lynching of a great rider.

Saulbadguy 08-24-2012 04:08 AM

hahahaha

Caseyguyrr 08-24-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8846201)
The French are just butt hurt that an American beat them on their own turf.

thats goddamn right

|Zach| 08-24-2012 04:42 AM

Bummer to see it all go down like this.

Boxing and cycling are shady as ****.

NewChief 08-24-2012 05:00 AM

Of course Lance doped. Everybody at that level of cycling dopes to the maximum amount they can get away with, even to this day. Anyone who knows anything about cycling is aware of this. The farce is the witch hunt of going after Lance so single-mindedly in an effort to tarnish his accomplishments in what was a level-doping field.

Doesn't change the fact he's a badass. I wish they'd just throw open a sport to whatever level of PEDs one wants to use being acceptable. If you want to cut off your legs and replace them with steroid-fueled hydraulics, go for it.

Bane 08-24-2012 05:21 AM

**** France.

Braincase 08-24-2012 05:27 AM

All it takes is accusations these days. I wonder how much $$$ he's had to spend on attorneys over the years to fight this.

Red Dawg 08-24-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8845808)
Lance Armstrong abandons fight against doping charges. Will be stripped of Tour de France titles and banned for life. Story to follow. —

@NYDNSportsITeam via Twitter

This doesn't exactly go along with the thread title. ooops

Red Dawg 08-24-2012 05:30 AM

Who cares. It's cycling.

NewChief 08-24-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8846806)
All it takes is accusations these days. I wonder how much $$$ he's had to spend on attorneys over the years to fight this.

I don't blame him for just giving it up. At this point, it makes the anti-doping forces look like vindictive jackasses for pursuing it this hard for this long.

It also puts them in the awkward spot of, "What do they do now?" They can strip him, but they're going to be the assholes that are tarnishing the Livestrong legacy as well as cycling in general.

Dartgod 08-24-2012 06:22 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jGtfpzT4Lqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saulbadguy 08-24-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8846736)
That's all well and good. But I don't cycle competitively for one reason and one reason alone:

1. Saddles.

Yeah, probably not your first guess huh? Have you ever sat on one of these things doing 35 MPH in France?

Sure the dude had a distinct advantage but that has been disclosed for a long time. Sheryl Crow told me in 1997. Seriously, Lance Armstrong is the king of the TdF because he has but one schwetty ball. Imagine if you will just how deeply you could thrust your wife if you dropped from a 54" waist to a 34", for instance. This is precisely the same benefit provided to Armstrong by virtue of his brave Halfstration.

Judge less, neuter more.

This is a top shelf post.

Donger 08-24-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8846566)
You almost dont even need the testimony.

The basic case against Armstrong, without witnesses, and without a positive drug test, is this:

The tour des france is an incredibly long race. Several days. Despite the race lasting several days of racing time, the winner always wins by minutes.

During Armstrong's time, we know that EVERY SINGLE ONE of his top rivals cheated. They were all caught, red-handed, no doubt about it, proven, everyone Armstrong raced against was a cheater. When cycling was cleaned up and enforcement was massively increased and cyclists had to race clean, race times ballooned to a huge extent, by several hours.

It is simply not reasonable to believe that Armstrong could have won those races, clean, against a field full of cheaters. You can say maybe he had to do what he had to do because everyone else was breaking the rules, but he's a liar.

That's odd. I remember watching Greg LeMond ride the fastest time trial ever to beat Fignon by seven seconds in 1989.

Donger 08-24-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8846828)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jGtfpzT4Lqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ouch.

LMAO

rageeumr 08-24-2012 07:51 AM

I am admittedly hypocritical when it comes to Lance.

I hate Barry Bonds. Hate him. I hope he never sniffs the hall.

Yet I like Lance. I was super pissed that the World Triathlon Corp ruled him ineligible while this USADA mess is going on. I really wanted to see him race the Ironman World Championship this year.