ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Did Jared Allen and NFL Countdown get into a fight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200105)

Gravedigger 01-11-2009 11:35 AM

Did Jared Allen and NFL Countdown get into a fight?

I was watching Sunday NFL Countdown and I flipped around the channels a bit then I came back to see the very last bit of a Jared Allen interview. He looked pretty mad and then Chris Berrmann said "We appreciate you flying down from Minnesota with all that snow, and we won't ask you to take a spelling test."

I'm not quoting exactly but thats what I thought I heard and then they went on to the next segment. I dont have DVR on my TV but did they just get into a big arguement with him on the air? Did anyone see that?

DJJasonp 01-11-2009 11:38 AM

not at all.....

Allen referred to Phillip Rivers as having moxie....and told the crew "dont ask me to spell that!"....and got laughs from the crew.

When allen was done speaking...that's when Berman made his comment...but Jared wasnt pissed.

I think the "let's get Allen's opinion on Rivers" was improvised because they planned to go to him later for the "planned" allen segment.

He definitely wasnt pissed.

RINGLEADER 01-11-2009 11:39 AM

No fight. Jared Allen said that he thought Phillip Rivers or someone had "moxie" but said "don't ask me to spell that." Everyone had a good laugh.

When they went to commercial, as you saw, Berman said he wasn't going to ask him to spell it.

RUSH 01-11-2009 11:40 AM

I didn't see or hear an argument. He said he liked Phillip Rivers moxie and to not ask him how to spell that to get a good laugh. And Berman responded with the quote you said. I don't think there was any hard feelings.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-11-2009 11:47 AM

didn't see it, but I heard He said he liked Phillip Rivers moxie and to not ask him how to spell that to get a good laugh. And Berman responded with the quote you said. I don't think there was any hard feelings.

Mr. Plow 01-11-2009 11:49 AM

No. There was no fight. He said that he liked Rivers mox...............nevermind.

blueballs 01-11-2009 11:51 AM

could you smell the cowshit on his boots
or the bullshit on Beerman's mouth

BigVE 01-11-2009 11:51 AM

LOL, this thread is hilarious. Classic CP.

KC Jones 01-11-2009 11:52 AM

What I heard was that Allen said Rivers had no moxie, but then he spelled it out m-o-x-y. That's when Berman made a crack about boise state and spelling potatoe. Then Allen said "call me spud head one more time - I dare you!" So Berman called him spud head and Allen upturned the table and was standing over him ready to throw down as they cut to commercial. I also heard that microwaves will cause the ink in tattoos to spontaneously combust when in a very close vicinity.

Gravedigger 01-11-2009 11:53 AM

Well Jared Allen has a grimace on his face alot of the time so just a misunderstanding of coming in at the wrong time.

siberian khatru 01-11-2009 11:55 AM

I found this on another board:

Okay gang, as many of you know I still have friends at the highest level in the ESPN organization and have this info to share with full confidence: There was no fight. Jared Allen said that he thought Phillip Rivers or someone had "moxie" but said "don't ask me to spell that." Everyone had a good laugh.

When they went to commercial, as you saw, Berman said he wasn't going to ask him to spell it.

I only share this information because I'm no longer with ESPN and it's fun to share that a new day is dawning at the network.

Also, Mike Shanahan has contacted Scott Pioli, but I don't know any info beyond that.

blueballs 01-11-2009 11:59 AM

Playgerist

rad 01-11-2009 12:04 PM

I think Allen was making comments on Rivers' preference for epoxy. Howie made a comment about super glue, then someone mentioned duct tape. After that, I don't know, there was a lot of arguing and name-calling. I think I also saw a man with a gun, and a woman, crying.

Then they cut to commercial.

Thig Lyfe 01-11-2009 12:14 PM

I saw it. Allen was just saying that Rivers is a fan of Roxy Music. Then he said "Don't make me list their discography!" After some needling from Berman, he could only name about half their albums. Everybody laughed and he started crying. It was hard to watch.

Baby Lee 01-11-2009 12:49 PM

Berman made a reference to Roxy Music and Allen asked if he was calling him a Ferry. Sparks ensued.