ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   trINT green sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=22099)

Phobia 10-21-2001 07:40 PM

trINT green sucks

What a waste of a 1st rounder.... I think I'm gonna be sick.

KCWolfman 10-21-2001 07:44 PM

KPhob - You win the title of Name Caller.

trINT Green is perfect.

Nelson Muntz 10-21-2001 08:09 PM

you definitely win the contest for the best name

fits him to a T

Rain Man 10-21-2001 08:13 PM

That's even better than Stevie Ray's Invesco name.

Phobia 10-21-2001 10:32 PM

Thanks guys. It just came to me. I don't know why. I could have picked ANY nickname - why that one stuck, I'll never know..... :rolleyes:

Rausch 10-21-2001 10:39 PM

Trent Green will do in 9 games what took Girbaby 3 seasons.

Turn the majority of fans against him....very, very, against him....:mad:

Frazod 10-21-2001 10:48 PM

TrINT... :D LOL

This sonofab!tch makes me miss Bono.... :mad:

ricardo4432 10-21-2001 11:10 PM

How many dropped balls were there today?

We may be 1 and 5 - but we're the Kansas City Chiefs!!! That in itself makes us the best team in the NFL!

I say go Trent, and go Chiefs!

-Rick

Phobia 10-22-2001 01:52 AM

Me too, Rick. I just wanted to beat RaiderFan to the name.... This way it doesn't hurt as badly. :D

jAZ 10-22-2001 02:48 AM

Quote:

2000: Saw duty in eight games (five starts) in place of an injured Kurt Warner ... Completed 145 of 240 passes (60.4%) for 2,063 yards, 16 touchdowns, and five interceptions good for a 101.8 rating ... That 101.8 rating ranked topped the NFC and was just nine-tenths of a point behind Denver’s Brian Griese (102.9), who led the league.
Granted, Green was 2-3 as QB in 2000, but if I remember correctly, he was without Faulk.

Now I am not making excuses for this season, but I am asking does Trent SUCK? Or is he just playing like s#it. I argue there is a difference. Someone who sucks, IMO, can't stop. To suck describes a genuine inability to accomplish something. I suck at playing QB in the NFL. I can't learn how to do it, I suck and I always will. There will be no fine-tuning of my QB play. No WR talent will fix my game.

Green on the other hand, in all likelyhood, doesn't suck. He is simply playing like a pile of crap. An ineffective pile at that. But I don't believe it is fair to say that Green sucks.

Anyone else still willing to make that distinction?

Phobia 10-22-2001 02:57 AM

Well, I don't truthfully know. Those who should know much more about football than me that I pay attention to keep telling me how good he is. Those same people throw out names like Kurt Warner and Joe Montana. But, will decent WR talent help trINT make better decisions? Will an upper echelon WR prevent trINT from slinging the ball while he's in the grasp of a ridiculously large DT? Will he stop throwing ill advised balls into double and triple coverage in the red zone? How much more effort does it require to throw the ball 2 yards higher and further (out of the endzone) thereby buying yourself another play? Does better WR talent prevent a QB from staring down the primary WR on an out pattern? Does that same WR catch a football thrown 10 feet in front of him into the dirt? Does he leap into the air to snatch the ball thrown 10 feet over his head? Does the better WR eventually switch from Offense to DB in order to prevent Deltha ONeal from catching any more balls? Will this WR help trINT manage the clock better so he doesn't have to burn TO's to avoid a DOG penalty? I'm sure there is a such a WR somewhere. Unfortunately, he's not called a WR - he's a QuarterBack. :mad:

old_geezer 10-22-2001 04:32 AM

Trent Green will do in 9 games what took Girbaby 3 seasons.

Piss off the entire population of Kansas City?

KC Jones 10-22-2001 05:18 AM

As some who defended Grbac to the very end, this is a bitter pill to swallow. I wish we still had Grbac. I thought he was beginning to learn how to handle a 2 minute offense, and he was certainly more accurate.

Green is very much beginning to remind me of Bono. His deep ball is just lobbed up there for anybody to go get and he's horribly inaccurate.

Skip Towne 10-22-2001 05:40 AM

I've been patient with TrINT. For six games now I have watched him ruin drives by throwing the ball everywhere EXCEPT where he should. Four INT's to the same DB in the same game? The man simply doesn't learn. Go to your job this morning and begin bungling routine assignments. Continue to do this all day. Do it for six straight days. Report back & let us know if you still have your job.

htismaqe 10-22-2001 06:34 AM

FWIW, our wide receivers are the worst I've seen in quite some time. Before the game they were talking about how DA had his best week of practice all year and then he comes out and drops catchable balls again...

He is my least favorite player right now, and I hope that he's the first to go this offseason...

BowtieGuy 10-22-2001 07:01 AM

While I agree that TrInt made some bad plays Sunday his recievers didn't help either when they dropped 7, yes 7 catchable balls!

TrInt stunk, the recievers stunk and Hicks made me so mad I could have punched a hole in my tv. It was an all out losing effort with failures by almost everyone.

Even Ricks dropped an easy sure catch!

However, as mad as I am, I did see a few sparks that still bring hope. Our last drive for 99 yards was a thing of beauty right up until TrInt did his magic trick there at the end. :mad:

TEX 10-22-2001 07:10 AM

TrINT...CLASSIC. Has to be one of the all time best ever names! :D

Yep, he does $UCK. Sure he doesn't have the receivers he had in St. Louis, and sure there are drops, but many of his throws are overthrown, short or ducks. For every dropped ball it seems that he misses a receiver. My mind was made up in the Invesco game. There's NO WAY a QB makes TWO throws like he did off his back foot...unless he $UCKS! Throw in the fact that it cost the Chiefs a #1 and he $UCKS WORSE. Add to that how DV and Carl built Green up and the WHOLE THING $UCKS! IMHO, the way TrINT is playing now, he would $UCK even as a BACKUP! ;)

WackyRuss 10-22-2001 07:26 AM

".... I think I'm gonna be sick."

What r u talking about? I thought u were the one who wanted to trade for Green. u r a sick man Phobia

Gaz 10-22-2001 07:52 AM

Heh!

Even though I like Green and think he does not deserve all the venom aimed at him, trINT is funny.

xoxo~
Gaz
Taking his laughs where he can find them.

morphius 10-22-2001 08:04 AM

Bowtie - Well, 2 or 3 of those dropped balls might have gained 2 yards and the receiver surely would have been nailed and possibly fumbled the ball on the kind of hit they were lined up for. Of course you count in the throws over wide open receivers heads, throwing long when the he should have thrown short (defender was deep on the WR and if he would have thrown short he would have been the only one to get to it, instead the WR has to make a remarkable catch and defend the INT), the three throws to wide open WR's that he through so far behind our not fast enough WR crew and I'm surprised this guy completed any passes.

Lzen 10-22-2001 09:23 AM

Morphius,
While you are correct in the assessment that some of Trent's throws were off target, he was under a lot of pressure. Although I'm very disappointed in his play this year, I know some of it has to do other players. How much pressure was he under in the 2nd half yesterday? It was so sickening to watch Jake Plummer march his team down the field in the 3rd quarter with no pressure applied. I know Trent is playing like dog poop (compared to the way he played with the Rams) right now. However, I think a lot of it has to do with confidence. He has no confidence in his receivers and now, it seems as though he's losing confidence in his offensive line.:( As bad as it seems right now, I'm holding out hope that Trent will improve a lot by season's end and next year with some better players around him.

BTW, that last throw into the end zone that got pick was a screwed up throw because he got nailed as he threw it.:mad: TrINT would probably seem funny normally but, since he's our qb and our record sucks, I'm not really laughing.:(

jcroft 10-22-2001 09:44 AM

Re: Heh!

Quote:

Originally posted by Gaz

Even though I like Green and think he does not deserve all the venom aimed at him, trINT is funny.

I'm with you. I can laugh, even when I don't agree with all the critisim of trINT. :D

morphius 10-22-2001 10:25 AM

Izen - The blocking on the last play was pathetic, 2 OL totally blew their blocks and Trent had to hurry the pass, it was just an ugly down and not really Trents fault.

He also seems to wait till his time is up before throwing the ball, I expected many more quick reads and releases from him and just haven't seen "quick" yet.

The Chiefs can't afford to give up on him, so I do still support him and hope he can get it turned around, but I would still feel better if he was making better decisions or more accurate, because having both counts against you makes it really tough.

Phobia 10-22-2001 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WackyRuss
".... I think I'm gonna be sick."

What r u talking about? I thought u were the one who wanted to trade for Green. u r a sick man Phobia

Show me ONE post that I pimped a trade for Green that included our 1st rounder. When are you gonna change your name to Wacky Phobia? I guess this is what happens when one gets their very own troll. It's been a while and I had forgotten.

Tell me, how is the weather in Houston today?

58Forever 10-22-2001 02:03 PM

Trent Green does not suck...at least give him this year...then if he plays like ****e next year...then you can say he sucks...I think he'll be fine...he appears to be pressing still...he hasn't seen open receivers like he did yesterday and he was so surprised he couldn't resist his excitement and he overthrew a couple...

But, the D couldn't stop them anyway...so...who's fault is it that we lost....?

The Team...

BigChiefFan 10-22-2001 02:17 PM

Alot of people are bagging on Trent Green,for poor-play,however,It is not his fault.It was stated this morning on crunch time,that Snoop Minnis had 30 routes that were run INCORRECTLY,the week before Arizona-thats right 30.Also they said that Alexander had 8 routes that were ran INCORRECTLY last week as well.Trent Green is throwing the ball were it IS suppossed to be,however our WRs are out of place,thus making Trent look bad.Sure he had a few bad passes,but name me one QB that doesn't.Was Kurt Warner a perfect 100% yesterday.?It is obvious ,to me,that with our current receivers we will continue to have problems,until they are dedicated in practicing and getting their timing down with Green.Quit bagging until you have the facts.Go Chiefs!

jcroft 10-22-2001 02:21 PM

Interesting numbers, Big Chief. Who said this? A radio personality or a Chiefs coach or what?

Anyone else hear this?

BigChiefFan 10-22-2001 02:44 PM

hey jcroft,
It was on the Radio show,called crunch time,in Kansas City on sports radio am 810.The show has Bill Maas,Frank Boals(Fox sports news director),and Tim Grunhard,however Grunhard wasn't on this morning.Frank Boals stated it and he said he had the information on great authority.Bill Maas backed him 100% on the statement.That is why the Chiefs didn't start Snoop this weekend.Go Chiefs!

Lightning Rod 10-22-2001 03:00 PM

We had 33 passing attempts that game.

I find it hard to believe that he couldn't get more than 3 right just by accident.

Was he in on every single play?

Tom Collins 10-22-2001 03:09 PM

I thought TrINT was an upgrade at QB for the Chiefs, I thought it would be nice not watching our QB throw INTs in the endzone, and TD passes to D-backs. Hmm I guess I was wrong.

BigChiefFan 10-22-2001 03:09 PM

R&G,
I'm pretty sure that Snoop did start last week,however,I don't know if he was in on every play.That would explain why they set Snoop down yesterday.Keep in mind,Snoop IS a rookie and definitely is still learning.I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio,this morning.

Lightning Rod 10-22-2001 03:14 PM

To be fair anything over 4 or 5 wrong routs is pathetic and un-acceptable from a professional Wr rookie or not. I just thought 30 was kinda ridiculous.

Tribal Warfare 10-22-2001 03:33 PM

one of the wrong routes Snoop ensued was the last play of the game which he should've taken a outside cut instead of an inside one that clogged th middle, and Tony G useless.

KCWolfman 10-22-2001 05:00 PM

Quote:

Trent Green is throwing the ball were it IS suppossed to be,however our WRs are out of place,thus making Trent look bad
BOCF - Maybe some of them, but timing routes are quick releases. All of Green's passes are not timing routes. And I have noticed that fewer and fewer timing routes are thrown each week. When he stands in the pocket for several seconds, it is his own fault if the ball does not reach the receiver. Plus the non-throw at the end of the half spoke volumes of trINT's abilities.

TEX 10-22-2001 05:34 PM

Whatever! Look, trINT looked PATHETIC when he overthrew a WIDE OPEN Gonzales and got it picked. Nobody ran the wrong route there. Let me guess, Gonzalez was "supposed" to be 10 yards further up field???? ;)

Tribal Warfare 10-22-2001 05:47 PM

Green had a bad game, but he had help too. The loss yesterday was a team effort

RedandGold 10-22-2001 05:55 PM

Green had a bad day yesterday...and the week before...and the week before that...

The ONLY good week that he has had was when we played Washington, and that was against a defense geared for Stoogeball.

I will be the first to give a guy a break after an off game, but when he has played poorly for 5 out of 6 games, my patience has a tendency to run a little thin. This is especially true when the same mistakes are repeated over and over.

If his leg is still bothering him, he should take a couple of weeks off instead of forcing the issue and having the rest of the team suffer as a result.

Tribal Warfare 10-22-2001 06:06 PM

Next year will be key, because Green will regain confidence in his health status, DA will be healthy, Sly will be ready to go, and Victor Riley should be %85-100. The key game this year will be against SD and Rodney Harrison. If responds positively then my assumptions are head of time.

hawaiianboy 10-22-2001 06:22 PM

"TrINT"??

Damn, good one... I should have come up with that... Your poor start has made my smaque ability lethargic....

Okay I'm confused... I was under the impression that under Al Saunders, the WR's route was predicated on the read made by each WR on the coverage he was seeing... At least thats how Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt explained it on Hardcore football last year...

For example...instead of having to run a 7 yard out... a WR would run a 7 yard option where he could turn the route into a drag, out or skinny post,etc depending on how he read the CB and safety...
The QB's responsibility was to read what the WR saw and still throw the ball on stride (one of the reasons I have the upmost respect for Warner)...

Does this hold true in KC? Or has it been simplified to fit Green?...

alanm 10-22-2001 06:38 PM

OK so Green doesn't suck.. He BLOWS!!!:D

KCWolfman 10-22-2001 06:41 PM

HB - Yes, but it is even more vitally important that trINT continue to throw the ball as he has so that he may work out his timing with WR's who will not be here next year.

Seriously, no, it has not been simplified. And as I stated earlier, less and less timing routes are being thrown.

trINT has a big problem with WR who cannot catch, but trINT's biggest problem is that trINt simply cannot throw this year.

NaptownChief 10-22-2001 06:52 PM

Flyin',

That was my understanding of it also but since how everyone under the sun has tried to put all the blame on the WR's running the wrong routes left me with the impression that this offense has been dumbed down for our personel.

Chiefnj 10-22-2001 08:00 PM

For the record, Snoop did not run the wrong route on the last play. He saw the pressure coming and ran a shorter route. That is what receivers are supposed to do in blitz situations; pick it up and turn around so the QB can unload it. No need to spread the blame, TrINT made a bad throw.

Tribal Warfare 10-23-2001 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiefnj
For the record, Snoop did not run the wrong route on the last play.

For the record, yes he did. A WR doesn't bunch up the middle with CB's. If he saw the blitz comming he should ran a screen route, and not run to were Tony is.

hypersensitiveZO6 07-05-2006 07:36 PM

bump.

Bowser 07-08-2006 12:53 PM

Hahahaha!

Mr. Flopnuts 07-14-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Hahahaha!

Funny how things change eh? Threads these days ask if he's the best Chiefs QB EVAR!!!!!

WestCoastReggie 06-21-2007 09:32 PM

this thread is weird now

kcfanXIII 07-19-2007 07:01 PM

i feel dirty for reading this. i have a feeling we will really miss trent this year

DenverChief 08-01-2007 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wow

Chief Pote 01-28-2009 05:39 PM

This shouldn't be in the HOC. Crappy thread.

Christofire 02-20-2009 12:40 PM

When I started reading this, I totally visualized it evolving from a thread about a clever nickname to a legendary Whitlock beatdown. I remember multiple instances of him using TrINT in his columns and thought perhaps people would accuse him of ripping the name off from this board. But it never went there, to my surprise. I can only assume it went down in a different thread somewhere.

Al Bundy 03-05-2012 08:43 PM

He's no Cassel.

007 07-14-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 325779)
TrINT... :D LOL

This sonofab!tch makes me miss Bono.... :mad:

HOLY SHIT

007 07-14-2012 07:46 PM

I will go on record that I sent my email to Whit in September 2001. :D

Imon Yourside 07-17-2012 10:43 AM

Bring back Trint! please??!?!?!?!?!?

Sofa King 07-17-2012 03:31 PM

BAN FOR BUMP

BigRedChief 07-19-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPote (Post 5435273)
This shouldn't be in the HOC. Crappy thread.

Even in 2009 this was viewed as crap. How did it get in the Hall?

Phobia 07-31-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8740706)
I will go on record that I sent my email to Whit in September 2001. :D

You named him TrINT when he had only threw two INT in 3 games in Sept?

Predarat 08-01-2012 11:37 AM

TrINT > casshole x 10000000000