ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football I'm starting to think this instant replay crap (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266813)

Nzoner 11-19-2012 11:36 AM

I'm starting to think this instant replay crap

is nothing more than going under the hood to not look at the play but to be in touch with Vegas and decide what kind of BS explanation the announcers are going to give the viewing audience.

Seriously did you see the final td by the Chargers that enabled them to cover the spread,if that wasn't the Calvin Johnson rule then you must be blind.

Start the tinfoil jokes. :)

Shag 11-19-2012 11:38 AM

My understanding is that situation was different than the Megatron one because he came down outside of the end zone, then stretched across. He was basically subject to the same rules as an RB at that point.

That said, that whole rule is stupid, and entirely subjective. Needs to change...

MahiMike 11-19-2012 11:47 AM

I just know it severely affects the flow of the game. I was a proponent for it but there needs to be limits here.

Fire Me Boy! 11-19-2012 11:49 AM

Missed the game. Is there video available?

Pitt Gorilla 11-19-2012 11:54 AM

DA is awesome. The TD stands.

Nzoner 11-19-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9133305)

Can't find the play,even the announcers were predicting there was no way the call would stand and eluded to the CJ rule and as stated above if their reasoning is more like a rb play and breaking the plane then I have to refer to the Doug Martin td yesterday that was clearly over and yet that TD was taken away.

MagicHef 11-19-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9133305)

The receiver caught the ball with one hand, landed with both feet in bounds, stretched the ball over the goal line, and when the ball touched the ground it came out of his hand. The ruling on the field was a TD. The official looked at the replay and confirmed the TD, saying that stretching the ball over the goal line was the "football act" necessary to establish possession. By my eyes, he didn't so much intentionally stretch over the goal line as fall during the process of the catch, which should mean that he needs to retain control through contact with the ground.

There's a video on NFL.com.

Bump 11-19-2012 01:19 PM

when there is billions of dollars changing hands, you'd be pretty naive not to think that Vegas has a hand in these games.

Nzoner 11-19-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9133600)
when there is billions of dollars changing hands, you'd be pretty naive not to think that Vegas has a hand in these games.

You're preaching to the choir with me,I've long been convinced this crap goes on.In fact if you haven't caught one of my previous threads try and find a book called Interference:How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football by Dan Moldea

It's a late 80's book but a very interesting read,here's an old interview with the author.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/utO9jtDpsmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amnorix 11-19-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9133594)
The receiver caught the ball with one hand, landed with both feet in bounds, stretched the ball over the goal line, and when the ball touched the ground it came out of his hand. The ruling on the field was a TD. The official looked at the replay and confirmed the TD, saying that stretching the ball over the goal line was the "football act" necessary to establish possession. By my eyes, he didn't so much intentionally stretch over the goal line as fall during the process of the catch, which should mean that he needs to retain control through contact with the ground.

There's a video on NFL.com.

That was a poor call. He didn't complete the act of catching through the ground, and breaking the plane has NOTHING to do with that. If you haven't established possession, which you need to do to score the TD, then you haven't broken the plane at all.

I wonder what Perreira (sp?) said about it. Seemed like a poor call to me.