ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 6 Out Of 8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240334)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-15-2011 07:38 AM

Draftmasterbater:1st round QB leads to better chance of winning Super Bowl
Random poster: QB x won a Super Bowl and wasn't a 1st rounder
Draftmasterbater: TrueFan!!!! *rips random posters shirt off revealing a marking of TF on his chest.*
Truefan: FUUUUUUU

Rasputin 01-15-2011 07:52 AM

Thank you JOhn for standing me corrected, I knew I liked Steve Deberg for some reason. Steve Deberg is still one of my fav QBs for KC.

THRee ha ha ha

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1KnpzTiabgY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1KnpzTiabgY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

keg in kc 01-15-2011 07:54 AM

The more interesting thing to me is where in the first round those QBs were taken:

Ryan 3
Sanchez 5
Cutler 11
Roethlisberger 11
Flacco 18
Rogers 24

So only two were taken in the top 10. Ryan warranted his pick. I'm one of those who believes Sanchez was taken far higher than he should have been, but people will argue that. Cutler should I think get an asterick, since he isn't playing for the team that drafted him. Flacco and Roethlisberger were small school guys. Rodgers was and will always be kind of a head-scratcher, as far as his draft-day fall goes.

Who's the best of that bunch? Has to be Roethlisberger, the guy with the rings. Ryan would I think come after him, although Atlanta is still a run-first team. Then probably Rodgers and Flacco. Cutler is to me a flake. I expected bigger things out of him, and you never know whether he's going to come out and have a 4 TD day or a 4 pick day. And then there was Sanchez. Maybe the Jets can continue to win despite him.

The thing that's really lost is how good these guys' teams are. They all have strong defenses. Most of them are asked more to manage their offenses, with the exception of Roethlisberger, who's basically been the Steelers offense since about 2007. Tom Brady would fall into that category, too. Those two guys are I think far more important to their teams than any of the other QBs currently in the playoffs. The rest of them are closer to what Cassel was asked to be during the year - make your plays but don't screw up. The difference, of course, being that some of them have shown that they can not only let themselves be carried, but also come through and make that big play when the team needs it.

I'm one of those guys that believes it doesn't really matter where you get your quarterback. Sure, a Peyton Manning would be nice, but you have to be in a position to land one. And unfortunately, for all the QBs I've wanted the Chiefs to take in the last decade, they haven't been. Ryan was the most recent guy I was big on that I thought we'd have a shot at. I thought we'd be in a position for one in 2011, but it doesn't look like it now, the way that the NCAA season played-out, paired with the 'hopeful' performance they got out of Cassel. That was basically my worst-case scenario for him and for the Chiefs: he showed just enough flashes to give some hope for the future, but in the end left way too many questions.

Marcellus 01-15-2011 08:51 AM

This thread is chock full of information that everyone already knows.

BossChief 01-15-2011 09:25 AM

The responses in this thread make carl Peterson smile

Garcia Bronco 01-15-2011 09:31 AM

lets see who was your qb in 91....hard to remember, but I am gonna go with Steve DeBerg off memory.

Bane 01-15-2011 09:33 AM

http://i54.tinypic.com/ih8ndg.jpg

salame 01-15-2011 09:35 AM

thread is gay

-King- 01-15-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7356336)
The responses in this thread make carl Peterson smile

Its a dumb thread with coincidental BS. Only half of last yrs qbs at this stage were 1st rnd picks. Why wasn't there a thread then?
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 01-15-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7356348)
Its a dumb thread with coincidental BS. Only half of last yrs qbs at this stage were 1st rnd picks. Why wasn't there a thread then?
Posted via Mobile Device

There were plenty...Favre and Brees were close enough.

We have the longest streak of playoff losses in the NfL and haven't drafted a first round qb in 27 years. If you think that is a coincedence you can't be helped.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-15-2011 10:24 AM

More 1st round QBs have played in, and won, Super Bowls than every other round combined.

Bane 01-15-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7356392)

We have the longest streak of playoff losses in the NfL and haven't drafted a first round qb in 27 years. If you think that is a coincedence you can't be helped.

Goddamn..:harumph:...I keep trying to forget that fact!

-King- 01-15-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7356392)

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point and I agree that 1st rnd qbs have the best chance at success, but the evidence you chose to backup your point is sketchy at best.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 01-15-2011 10:32 AM

:spock:
Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7356405)
Don't get me wrong, I understand your point and I agree that 1st rnd qbs have the best chance at success, but the evidence you chose to backup your point is sketchy at best.
Posted via Mobile Device

:spock:

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-15-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7356413)
:spock::spock:

He's saying that he doesn't disagree with your assertion, but the evidence used to prove the assertion is underwhelming. There are other, better examples one could use.