ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andre Johnson anyone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283662)

Kiimo 05-14-2014 03:31 PM

Donnie and a 3rd or Flowers and a 4th provided he restructures.

As a fantasy owner of AJ I am justified and qualified to say "ownz bonz" and I refuse to consider anybody else's position.

Big Poppa Payne 05-14-2014 03:34 PM

We don't have cap room for this, we'll have to pay him in hj's and bj's.

Or do like Denver does and pay him cash under the table.

TEX 05-14-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10629999)
If Flowers was included...I'm not sure what the parameters of the trade would be.

The guys were just speculating because the Texans are CB thin and Flowers knows Crennel's system. Also he is a vet into his 2nd contract and they know there's no way KC would give up young talent. Also said it could be tricky depending on cap hit. They were talking like Flowers + a 3rd or 4th.

Also said they might consider a WR as part of trade cuz with AJ gone, Hopkins will be the #1 target and will need help.

Then they said maybe no player at all and just a draft pick cuz its not a bad thing if HOU picks top 5 in draft next year cuz the QB class is good...:hmmm:

They were all over the map with the compensation part but were all in agreement that KC would work out great for both parties.

RippedmyFlesh 05-14-2014 03:51 PM

Avery and a 3rd for Johnson? Is there really anyone here who wouldn't do that in a heartbeat? Who would help us more NEXT year? Moncrief or Johnson?

Sassy Squatch 05-14-2014 03:53 PM

I'd do flowers and a pick. With Crennel there its possible.

RippedmyFlesh 05-14-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10630014)
The guys were just speculating because the Texans are CB thin and Flowers knows Crennel's system. Also he is a vet into his 2nd contract and they know there's no way KC would give up young talent. Also said it could be tricky depending on cap hit. They were talking like Flowers + a 3rd or 4th.

Also said they might consider a WR as part of trade cuz with AJ gone, Hopkins will be the #1 target and will need help.

Then they said maybe no player at all and just a draft pick cuz its not a bad thing if HOU picks top 5 in draft next year cuz the QB class is good...

That is something you and I as fans think about. Teams never think in those terms because unlike us their jobs are at stake and they want results now.

htismaqe 05-14-2014 03:54 PM

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.6079...42938&pid=15.1

RippedmyFlesh 05-14-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10630026)

Preach little man!!!

Love your sig saw Elf when they used to open for deep purple. Dio was one of my favorite singers of all time . RIP Ronnie I still rock your tunes. I live in Syracuse and he lived for a while just south of here so he played here a lot.

The Franchise 05-14-2014 04:00 PM

I know he'd probably be here a year or two at most.....but damn this offense would be good with Johnson and Bowe as the top WRs.

RippedmyFlesh 05-14-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10630033)
I know he'd probably be here a year or two at most.....but damn this offense would be good with Johnson and Bowe as the top WRs.

These dreams come on when i close my eyes.............

TambaBerry 05-14-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Yes please

DeezNutz 05-14-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Alex Smith is 30.

We don't have the luxury of patience.

TEX 05-14-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 10630025)
That is something you and I as fans think about. Teams never think in those terms because unlike us their jobs are at stake and they want results now.

I agree for the most part. The deal is the Texans have a new HC and staff and will get a pass next season. All they have to do is win 3 and they improve over last year. They got Clowney this year but did not get that franchise QB. (Tom Savage ain't it). So top 5 might be "acceptable" under the circumstances in order to get that QB.

Then they said something that really pissed me off when they said that any deal with New England would almost certainly include Ryan Mallet. O'brien REALLY likes him and wanted to do a draft day deal, but NE wanted too much. Now, when they inquire about AJ, it will have to involve Ryan Mallet.

Mr. Laz 05-14-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10630058)
Alex Smith is 30.

We don't have the luxury of patience.

apparently Dorsey and Reid disagree

This offseason has been run like there is no rush at all.

We made the playoffs last year, we're good.

DeezNutz 05-14-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10630118)
apparently Dorsey and Reid disagree

This offseason has been run like there is no rush at all.

We made the playoffs last year, we're good.

Pretty much. I don't get it at all. :shake: