ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

QuikSsurfer 04-29-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4727164)
I hate cheat codes, they tempt me to use it. Wish they would just do away with that shit.

I wouldn't recommend using them - they'll disable achievements while in use. But if ur just popping in the game to mess around - it can be useful to spawn a RPG

kcxiv 04-29-2008 11:10 PM

ooh, thats cool then. I like that achievements get disabled. I wont use it anyways, but they are tempting no doubt.

kcxiv 04-29-2008 11:48 PM

Multi Player is a freaking blast. This is some good damned fun.

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 12:43 AM

The "Crime and Punishment" cutscene is absolutely ****ing hilarious. This game is ace.

BWillie 04-30-2008 12:48 AM

Is there anyway to totally disable cops? So that I can go around and kill people as much as I want. Steal cars, etc. It's hard to find a place to stop and put in the code to eliminate your wanted level by the time you blow a few guys heads off.

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4727319)
Is there anyway to totally disable cops? So that I can go around and kill people as much as I want. Steal cars, etc. It's hard to find a place to stop and put in the code to eliminate your wanted level by the time you blow a few guys heads off.

I think you can control that in multiplayer. So just find a buddy, go into free mode, and do as you please.

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 03:03 AM

I don't see nothin' wrong
Nothin' wrong
With a little bump 'n grind!!!!!!

Jenson71 04-30-2008 08:05 AM

I don't see how anyone could enjoy the game as much without adjusting the brightness all the way to its highest level. The detail just explodes at you.

I won't be able to play the game today, and probably not tomorrow either. :(:(

Skyy God 04-30-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4727039)
So how far into the game do I have to go in order to have this Michelle chick sit on it?

2 dates, make the 2nd at the restaurant.

Coach 04-30-2008 11:40 AM

So say if I want to recover my health, other than the obvious finding a "heart" shaped symbol, does f**king a hooker helps increase your strength, or is this way a little different than GTA games in the past?

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 11:46 AM

You can buy food from restaurants and street vendors to restore your health.

xbarretx 04-30-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4727450)
I don't see how anyone could enjoy the game as much without adjusting the brightness all the way to its highest level. The detail just explodes at you.

I won't be able to play the game today, and probably not tomorrow either. :(:(

i agee, some parts of the game are really dark. :huh:

i dont like the car controlls ...R2 L2 .... argh... does it ever get any easier to use?

mcan 04-30-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 4727877)
So say if I want to recover my health, other than the obvious finding a "heart" shaped symbol, does f**king a hooker helps increase your strength, or is this way a little different than GTA games in the past?

You buy food from a street vendor or a resteraunt. No more crazy hearts and other symbols laying around the city for no reason. There are some weird things. I found a T-Shirt on Ellis Island, and there are pigeons hidden all over the city to kill.

The game is amazing. I'm a little curious how long you have to play the game before the other islands open up... I'm getting impatient, and I'm spending most of my time trying to find a way over there. I got there on a helicopter that I had to spawn with a code, but my 6 star rating wouldn't go away, even if I got outside the circle. Same thing when I got over there twice legitamately. I got there once by barreling through the blockade with a car and then trying to outrun the cops, and another time taking the underside of a subway bridge. I was able to run around the subway tunnels pretty much unscathed, but all the cops above ground were STILL following me, even though they couldn't see me at all.

mcan 04-30-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4727899)
i agee, some parts of the game are really dark. :huh:

i dont like the car controlls ...R2 L2 .... argh... does it ever get any easier to use?

You can get your car to be a bit more agile by using the handbrake (I think it's R1).

You can also go into controls and put it on "classic" although you don't quite get the same amount of control. The L2 and R2 triggers are nice because they give like a pedal does. It takes some getting used to though. I'm still hitting things when turning corners and scaring the hell out of my date.

The one thing I WISH I could do is reverse both axis. It makes more sense to me to be moving the camera to the left (to see the right).

xbarretx 04-30-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 4727948)
You can get your car to be a bit more agile by using the handbrake (I think it's R1).

You can also go into controls and put it on "classic" although you don't quite get the same amount of control. The L2 and R2 triggers are nice because they give like a pedal does. It takes some getting used to though. I'm still hitting things when turning corners and scaring the hell out of my date.

The one thing I WISH I could do is reverse both axis. It makes more sense to me to be moving the camera to the left (to see the right).

im an inverse axis guy as well so i hear ya.

ok ill try to get use to the R controls for driving.

is the brightness always an issue?