ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Williamson: Early AFC West Salary Cap Check... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268632)

SAUTO 01-08-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9297490)
You wouldn't give a 4th for Harvin?

for done reason I thought the whole conversation was about the 2.2 pick.

I would probably give a 4
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9297489)
His skills.

Granted, I'm a Mizzou fan, but do you remember Maclin in college and coming out? He was as electric as anyone out there. Those skills haven't deteriorated. He's still incredibly explosive in and out of his cuts and can get behind most secondaries.

I honestly think his problem in Philly is DeSean Jackson. They have Jackson running the routes that Maclin would be best at and they have Maclin running the patterns that you want someone like Bowe running. I think Maclin alongside Bowe would be one of the best #2 WRs in football and would provide a huge boost to everyone on the offense by spreading the field.

Bailey is not more physically gifted than Maclin - he just isn't. So I see nothing to suggest that Bailey would be better than Maclin at this level other than the unknown which captivates us every draft season.

I don't care.

The Chiefs have far greater needs at #34 and #77 than to spend it on a receiver opposite Bowe, who I fully expect to be re-signed.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-08-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9297506)

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, my bad. I should have quoted ChefO's

SAUTO 01-08-2013 06:10 PM

I'm not really a mu fan but I would take Maclin
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9297506)

Posted via Mobile Device

There's no way I'd give a 4th rounder for Harvin. First off, his availability is unpredictable. He fights with his head coach and has an attitude. That's the last thing Andy Reid needs in his locker room, especially considering the failure the Chiefs have experienced over the past 4 years and will likely experience in 2013.

Titty Meat 01-08-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9297472)
I agree. I think it would be very wise for us to draft a C with our 4th round pick. I think that Khaled Holmes or Graham Pocic would be a nice insurance policy and both should be there.

Then again, if Barrett Jones is there at 34, it would be extremely difficult to overlook him. That guy is going to be a pro bowler for years.

Barrett Jones has a lisc franc injury.

SAUTO 01-08-2013 06:11 PM

And I agree that Jackson runs the routes Maclin should run and he would be a beast beside Bowe
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-08-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9297512)
There's no way I'd give a 4th rounder for Harvin. First off, his availability is unpredictable. He fights with his head coach and has an attitude. That's the last thing Andy Reid needs in his locker room, especially considering the failure the Chiefs have experienced over the past 4 years and will likely experience in 2013.

I can see your side of this too.

If the team REALLY checked him out and gave themselves an out in the contract I would be ok with a 4
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-08-2013 06:13 PM

Didn't Harvin miss a PLAYOFF game because of the migraines?

I mean shit man...
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9297497)
So, Breaston and Baldwin aren't number 2 threats in Reid's offense? Wiley was fast as **** at The Combines and seems to have decent hands.

The Chiefs, IMO, have far greater needs with their high picks than a ****ing 2nd WR. They need a starter at CB, safety, ILB in addition to depth everywhere. I'd also like to see them take a developmental QB with their compensatory pick or their 4th rounder.

Maclin is a luxury the Chiefs can't afford this year. Plus, again, I don't think he's anything special. And **** Harvin.

Eh, could be.

I think the Chiefs can survive without Maclin or Harvin - sure. Pretty easily, in fact. But I'm also willing to do whatever possible to make things easier for a new QB.

Baldwin can't be counted on for anything, to be honest. I think Breaston might be a decent 3rd option, but I have a hard time seeing him step up as a #2 at 30 yrs old after never really being that before. Wiley's hands were garbage this year, he's too small and he sure doesn't play to his 40 time from what I've seen. Maybe he could be a slot option, but I'm inclined to not put too much stock into it.

I want to see the new QB and Reid's new attack approach succeed and I think a way to really give them the best shot is an establish young veteran WR.

Hammock Parties 01-08-2013 06:24 PM

Here we go with the Breaston debate again.

He's just fine as a #2. He proved that in 2011.

If we get Harvin he needs to play in the slot anyway.

JoeyChuckles 01-08-2013 06:27 PM

That sounds like enough money to lure Brett Favre out of retirement.

TribalElder 01-08-2013 06:30 PM

LOL @ the Raitards

Jiu Jitsu Jon 01-08-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9297301)
If the Raiders release Big Dic Seymour, grab him up.

Seymour will most definitely be gone. Raiders are gutting the roster and rebuilding it. No one will even recognize the guys on the team in a couple of years. Go ahead and sign him. He'll be too hurt to practice, but he'll suddenly recover in time for game day. Then, he'll make a play once every blue moon when he feels like it.

Chiefshrink 01-08-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9297424)
ESPN Twin Cities reports Percy Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier had yet another heated exchange that likely contributed to the receiver being placed on injured reserve earlier this month.
It's the third documented issue with Harvin and the organization since June. The exchange is believed to have begun in the training room and has fueled speculation that the "deteriorating" relationship between the two men could lead to Harvin's exit from Minnesota. Seeking a new contract and frustrated with the identity of the Vikings offense, Harvin briefly issued a trade request last offseason. The team will have to decide whether to offer him a long-term deal heavy on performance-based incentives and escalators or prepare to shop him in March and April. One NFL personnel man estimates that Harvin would draw a second- or third-round pick in a contract year.

Plus he's missed games the last 2 years. No team is gonna give them a 2nd round pick.

Not only a potato chip player(hurt all the time) but a 'drama queen' as well. NO thx !!

The draft this year is deep for good WR talent so screw Harvin and Jennings.