ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Philippines: Ever live there or work there recently? Have questions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315727)

scho63 06-08-2018 09:19 AM

The Philippines: Ever live there or work there recently? Have questions

One of my former Chinese business colleagues from Hong Kong has reconnected with me as he is in the US for 2 weeks on business. He owns some properties in Philly and was in NYC/Philly for a week and now in LA/SFO for another 10 days.

We did business together from 1994-1997 in China/Hong Kong and the US. It was a good relationship and I was treated great and did very well.

Eerily his 29 yr old daughter committed on April 22nd and it was a shock, so all these recent suicides have resonated with me.

He has some partners and they are doing a LOT of investing in the Philippines around Manila, specifically Makati City. He is wondering if I would be interested to work together again and potentially be based over there to help sell Philippines development properties for him as a partner to all his contacts in China/Hong Kong/Canada and the US. My housing would be free and I would be paid a salary.

I've been to Asia but never the Philippines. It is a very English speaking country, good ties with US and they are making a HUGE push to catch up to China.

My question is there anyone here who in the last 5-7 years spent time in the Philippines, specifically around Manilla?

What can you share?
Business?
Quality of life?
Costs?
Food?
Weather?

It would be a RADICAL change from Scottsdale AZ but the opportunity is very intriguing compared to the very slow start I'm having here with a tech company.

Any REAL feedback greatly appreciated.......:thumb:

Jewish Rabbi 06-08-2018 09:47 AM

I hear the hookers there are cheaper so you can brag about how many women you paid to have sex with.

Rain Man 06-08-2018 10:06 AM

I haven't been there, but per your questions I think the weather is warm.

Eureka 06-08-2018 10:10 AM

Sometimes doors just open! After your life change last year (which was inspiring) you should jump at this next adventure. Heck you could be talking to us at CP about a wife and kids there soon enough haha. Life is a trip.

The Franchise 06-08-2018 10:17 AM

Always check to see if she has a dick.

Eureka 06-08-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13586222)
Always check to see if she has a dick.

That’s in Thailand. Hope one knows before they have to investigate for penis.

Halfcan 06-08-2018 10:34 AM

They have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I plan on traveling there very soon.

GloucesterChief 06-08-2018 10:50 AM

Speaking as a Navy brat in the 80s and 90s. I love Filipino food. Adobo, lumpia, and pancit of any kind are delicious.

Buehler445 06-08-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13586148)
One of my former Chinese business colleagues from Hong Kong has reconnected with me as he is in the US for 2 weeks on business. He owns some properties in Philly and was in NYC/Philly for a week and now in LA/SFO for another 10 days.

We did business together from 1994-1997 in China/Hong Kong and the US. It was a good relationship and I was treated great and did very well.

Eerily his 29 yr old daughter committed on April 22nd and it was a shock, so all these recent suicides have resonated with me.

He has some partners and they are doing a LOT of investing in the Philippines around Manila, specifically Makati City. He is wondering if I would be interested to work together again and potentially be based over there to help sell Philippines development properties for him as a partner to all his contacts in China/Hong Kong/Canada and the US. My housing would be free and I would be paid a salary.

I've been to Asia but never the Philippines. It is a very English speaking country, good ties with US and they are making a HUGE push to catch up to China.

My question is there anyone here who in the last 5-7 years spent time in the Philippines, specifically around Manilla?

What can you share?
Business?
Quality of life?
Costs?
Food?
Weather?

It would be a RADICAL change from Scottsdale AZ but the opportunity is very intriguing compared to the very slow start I'm having here with a tech company.

Any REAL feedback greatly appreciated.......:thumb:

I had a friend from school who's parent's immigrated from there and he didn't have a lot of great things to say about it, but that was 20 years ago and I have no idea which island, much less which city.

I will say this though, that family and the (very) few others I've known from there are all working fools. As lazy as mother****ers are these days, that is ever becoming more noticeable to me.

Grim 06-08-2018 11:09 AM

HUMID

MIAdragon 06-08-2018 11:25 AM

Stay out of the south. It’s definitely not a place I’d like to be long term.

SuperBowl4 06-08-2018 11:26 AM

Too HOT and Too Humid

vailpass 06-08-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13586148)

Bullshit, you don't get to move here then leave before summer is done. You have to spend at least one full summer here in the hot-as-hell.

BigBeauford 06-08-2018 11:44 AM

Duarte is ****ing insane.

Rain Man 06-08-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 13586310)
Stay out of the south. It’s definitely not a place I’d like to be long term.

Are you talking about the Philippines or the U.S.?