ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Kaepernick pulls a Steve Bono (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274347)

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796638)
Bringing up a murder in a fashion discussion. Awesome!

I knew one of you would somehow miss the correlation.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796618)
Not speculation, Kap is going to turn the ball over, wait and see.

LMAO

That's not speculation? Good God, have you lost your mind?

Quote:

I also find it interesting that the 49ers defense "led" the team to within 1 play of the SB but Kap "led" the team to the SB last year with that same if not better defense.

?

Quote:

I know dude is mega talented no denying it but he just about ****ed himself into a corner before they made the SB and then probably cost them the SB.

What? Almost cost them the Super Bowl? Your football acumen, seriously, it like a 2 on a scale of 100.

:eek:

Quote:

Rather than compare him to Vick I would say he is more Cam Newton like. Not sure what the ceiling is there.

LMAO

The crazy thing is that Cam Newton hasn't even begun to reach his potential because like Kaep, he's had exactly ONE wide receiver, a broken down 32 year old, no TE, broken RB's and a bad head coach.

Yet, he's still provided 40 TD's through the air and another 22 TD's on the ground. If he played for Baltimore, they'd go 19-0. If he played for Seattle, they'd go 19-0. Instead, he plays for a shit team that's gone 7-9 in consecutive seasons.

His ceiling is so high it can't be seen.

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796644)
I know one of you idiots would somehow miss the correlation.

There isn't a correlation.

KCUnited 07-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796634)
Pick an NFL player at random, and go to his home.

Chances are good that he has a basement/bar/etc covered in autographed jerseys from players on other teams.

OK to hang on the wall, but wear it and you're crucified?

It's ****ing laundry. Who gives a shit.

Get photographed wearing it and get crucified. No one knows what guys are wearing on a day to day basis.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796621)
What does his ability to throw a baseball have to do with anything in this thread? There have been countless QBs with great arms that weren't great passers in the NFL. His ability to throw a football a long distance and at a high rate of speed is a nice tool to have, but it doesn't guarantee success in the NFL.

How about the fact that he's done both?

Are you kidding me or just yanking my chain?

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796643)
Funny, just a few posts ago I said I would support Dwayne Bowe in the exact same situation.

But you ignored that, so you could continue with your asinine argument that I'm defending Kap because he's NOT a Chief.

Childish.

If Bowe did it I would think he was a moron. Thing is Bowe who probably isn't a genious, is smarter than that.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796633)
Are you seriously equating a knee injury to a throwing shoulder injury for an NFL quarterback? That would be like comparing a sprained ankle to Tommy John surgery for a MLB pitcher.

You're the one that stated that if Kaep's legs were injured, he'd be ineffective as a QB, which is complete speculation, but the same could be said for any QB.

Trent Green wasn't a "Running QB" and it took him the better part of three seasons to be able to plant his foot and throw effectively.

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796651)
If Bowe did it I would think he was a moron. Thing is Bowe who probably isn't a genious, is smarter than that.

At least there is still a chance that he's a genius.

ARROW2 07-07-2013 12:20 PM

Het T-Post, get my mistress out of your avatar!!!! She fine as a mofo...

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796657)
You're the one that stated that if Kaep's legs were injured, he'd be ineffective as a QB, which is complete speculation, but the same could be said for any QB.

Trent Green wasn't a "Running QB" and it took him the better part of three seasons to be able to plant his foot and throw effectively.

I said he'd be average, not ineffective. You're reaching here.

I don't wish for Kaepernick to get injured or that he plays poorly. It's just my opinion that he has less ability than other running QBs to be successful after he has lost the ability to be an elite runner.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796645)
LMAO

That's not speculation? Good God, have you lost your mind?

?

What? Almost cost them the Super Bowl? Your football acumen, seriously, it like a 2 on a scale of 100.

:eek:

LMAO

The crazy thing is that Cam Newton hasn't even begun to reach his potential because like Kaep, he's had exactly ONE wide receiver, a broken down 32 year old, no TE, broken RB's and a bad head coach.

Yet, he's still provided 40 TD's through the air and another 22 TD's on the ground. If he played for Baltimore, they'd go 19-0. If he played for Seattle, they'd go 19-0. Instead, he plays for a shit team that's gone 7-9 in consecutive seasons.

His ceiling is so high it can't be seen.

Since when are pick 6's good for winning games?

I was reffering to 2011 vs 2012 Niners. One team was led by the defense and magically the other was led by KAp. You understand that or are intentionally being obtuse.

I dont believe Cam Newton will ever sniff a SB.

Talent is huge, but the QB position is also very mental and I dont think Cam Newton and Kap will prepare or take it as seriously as Steve Young for example. I think they believe their talent will be enough.

Its not about race either, I think Warren Moon was a phenomenal QB.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796657)

Carson Palmer is far from a running QB, and he's struggled ever since he got Kimo von Oelhoffen'd.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796658)
At least there is still a chance that he's a genius.

How long you been here?

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796668)
Carson Palmer is far from a running QB, and he's struggled ever since he got Kimo von Oelhoffen'd.

I really dont ever remember another QB dropping off that fast, he was arguably top 5 and rolling and then boom.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796668)

Tom Brady was Pollarded and he has been completely awful since then.