ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football I'm calling it now: EJ Manuel will the #1 pick by the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270305)

B14ckmon 02-23-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9428644)
He still sucks to high heaven. Anyone else who doesn't agree needs to remove themselves from society.

He is so much better than Bray it's ridiculous.

Frankie 02-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9428093)
I wasn't. I looked him up. Admittedly, it was a highlight video, so I only saw positives.

I stand corrected then. I thought you were being funny about how EVERYONE looks like a world beater on highlight clips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9428440)
Geno Smith is considered by 99% of people to be a top QB in this class.

98.6% to be exact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9428442)
I think it's a moot point to compare EJ to Gino. we all know the Chiefs are probably not going to draft Gino with the number 1 pick. that being said, I think EJ should be in the conversation for that second rounder.

it just depends what quarterbacks are left.

Reason based posts are so refreshing. Thanks.

Frankie 02-23-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9428482)
OVERVIEW
Kaepernick has enough physical tools to be viewed as a developmental backup quarterback prospect. Experienced, competitive, productive and durable but very raw in terms of making NFL reads and throws. Will need to become accustomed to making pro-style progressions and must improve overall accuracy. Arm strength is good but needs to tighten up his delivery and work on getting the ball out on time with more consistency. Can make a lot of plays with his feet but will be too confident at times and take unnecessary sacks. Kaepernick will likely attract a team with his measurables and outstanding intangibles. His stock has risen considerably with solid workouts, so expect him to be taken some time in the second to third round.

I SO wanted him for the Chiefs in the 2nd round. :(

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9428798)
98.6% to be exact.

Is it a coincidence that the human body temperature is 98.6 degrees and anybody with a pulse knows Geno is the best QB in this class?

:D

Frankie 02-23-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428847)
Is it a coincidence that the human body temperature is 98.6 degrees and anybody with a pulse knows Geno is the best QB in this class?

:D

:hmmm:

B14ckmon 02-23-2013 06:07 PM

As someone who spent a lot of time on other teams boards last year as well, it's remarkable how similar the talks of Wilson last year, are to talks of Manuel this year.

"He could climb up a lot of boards"

"I don't know I still see him in the late 2nd or 3rd round"

Though obviously each player has different negatives.

KCDC 02-23-2013 07:22 PM

If he's the second QB we take in the draft, I'm okay with that.

kcbubb 02-24-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9427941)
They are IF you pile them up against SEC teams especially going against BAMA and LSU.

It's all about the competition you are facing.

That's true. But most people don't quote stats against those teams.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-24-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9429316)
As someone who spent a lot of time on other teams boards last year as well, it's remarkable how similar the talks of Wilson last year, are to talks of Manuel this year.

"He could climb up a lot of boards"

"I don't know I still see him in the late 2nd or 3rd round"

Though obviously each player has different negatives.

As a passer, Wilson was leaps and bounds better than Manuel. Bad comparison. If the dude was 6'2" he'd have gone ahead of Tannehill.

B14ckmon 02-24-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9430981)
As a passer, Wilson was leaps and bounds better than Manuel. Bad comparison. If the dude was 6'2" he'd have gone ahead of Tannehill.

Myth. His last year was the first time he threw over 60% in a season, and he did it by throwing the ball more than 200 times less than his junior year.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-24-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9431144)
Myth. His last year was the first time he threw over 60% in a season, and he did it by throwing the ball more than 200 times less than his junior year.

Manuel's a joke

Bowser 02-24-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9428681)
He is so much better than Bray it's ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9431144)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hGlyFc79BUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MartiniusImperator 02-27-2013 01:48 PM

Does the recent acquisition of Alex Smith open up a possibility of drafting Manuel?

I do not believe that he will still be available in the 3rd round, but if we decide to move out of the first pick and acquire several picks Manuel would be a great target IMO. Most believe he would not be ready right out of college, we roll with Smith a year or two and then have our young QB hopefully groomed by Reid who can step in and hopefully be our QBOTF.

NJChiefsFan 02-27-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartiniusImperator (Post 9446111)
Does the recent acquisition of Alex Smith open up a possibility of drafting Manuel?

I do not believe that he will still be available in the 3rd round, but if we decide to move out of the first pick and acquire several picks Manuel would be a great target IMO. Most believe he would not be ready right out of college, we roll with Smith a year or two and then have our young QB hopefully groomed by Reid who can step in and hopefully be our QBOTF.

I don't think he will be around in the 3rd. EVEN if the Chiefs wanted to spend a 3rd on him which they may not. We are going to get raped if we trade down.

crossbow 02-27-2013 01:58 PM

I doubt they make that pick it wanders dangerously close to a smart move.