ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV House - Season 8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250929)

Gonzo 10-03-2011 06:31 PM

House - Season 8

Hey House fans...

Season 8 is about to start on FOX. I've been a huge fan for quite some time now. I hope this season is better than the last. I liked last season and all but it just wasn't quite as good as the others.
From what I've read, this year is supposed to be pretty damn good.

Remember, its never lupus.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 10-03-2011 07:25 PM

When did this show turn into Prison Break?

Gonzo 10-03-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7965303)
When did this show turn into Prison Break?

Did you miss the finale last season? House went super bat-shit crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo 10-03-2011 08:01 PM

Looks like Foreman is the new c.o.m. since Cuddy's gone. That episode was damn good, I'm impressed so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Rick 10-04-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7965388)
Looks like Foreman is the new c.o.m. since Cuddy's gone. That episode was damn good, I'm impressed so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I enjoyed seeing House "work" the prison in the beginning like he works a hospital. Screening meds for inmates, calling out chess moves, etc.

Gonzo 10-05-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 7966157)
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing House "work" the prison in the beginning like he works a hospital. Screening meds for inmates, calling out chess moves, etc.

You know, I think they are really trying to keep the show fresh. I don't know how it will do this year with all of the casting changes, though.

Gonzo 10-11-2011 10:00 AM

Last night's episode made me uncomfortable.

I've never liked Foreman and I really don't like the fact that he's in charge.
I also don't think I like his new team member. On a scale from 1-10 I give last night's ep a 5 1/2.
We'll see how everything shapes up.

The Rick 10-11-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7986146)
Last night's episode made me uncomfortable.

I've never liked Foreman and I really don't like the fact that he's in charge.
I also don't think I like his new team member. On a scale from 1-10 I give last night's ep a 5 1/2.
We'll see how everything shapes up.

Agreed. Foreman's better when everyone is dumping on him, not when he's in charge.

After the first episode, last night was a let down.

KevB 10-11-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7965325)
Did you miss the finale last season? House went super bat-shit crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't watched an ep yet, and I haven't read further in this thread. But the way last season ended really felt like House jumping the shark. I'm not compelled to watch anymore because of the way last season spiraled.

vailpass 10-11-2011 11:08 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XCbBUjwxnA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kyle DeLexus 10-11-2011 12:35 PM

Went to watch this and all's I got to watch was Shitty Nova

Gonzo 10-11-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7986666)
Went to watch this and all's I got to watch was Shitty Nova

MLB Playoff game ran over so everything was like 45 minutes behind.

Kyle DeLexus 10-11-2011 02:20 PM

Yeah I forgot that happens sometimes. No big deal I'll just watch it online sometime.

Lumpy 10-11-2011 02:41 PM

I don't care for the new team member at all. Her character is weak and the "old House" would have kicked her ass to the curb. But it looks like they're bringing in another team member on the next episode, (along w/ bringing back Thirteen... for good? I hope!).

I'm a fan of Omar Epps, but his character, Foreman, has always rubbed me the wrong. He is way too cheeky and it gets worse w/ every episode. Now that he's the boss, I hope they play that down a bit.

I'm diggin' House's new hairstyle, but that's about it. They're making his character way too tame. The "prison sex" comment he made was his style, but the script for this episode really softened his witty, smartass personality. Wilson also reminded me of a pissy, little school girl... until the end when he punched House. Heh.

cardken 10-11-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 7987216)

I'm diggin' House's new hairstyle, but that's about it. They're making his character way too tame. The "prison sex" comment he made was his style, but the script for this episode really softened his witty, smartass personality. Wilson also reminded me of a pissy, little school girl... until the end when he punched House. Heh.

Robert Sean Leonard has been soft his whole career, was never a fan. Hadn't watch "House" in a while, but was a good episode for the pedestrian watcher.

Kyle DeLexus 10-12-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 7987216)
I don't care for the new team member at all. Her character is weak and the "old House" would have kicked her ass to the curb. But it looks like they're bringing in another team member on the next episode, (along w/ bringing back Thirteen... for good? I hope!).

I'm a fan of Omar Epps, but his character, Foreman, has always rubbed me the wrong. He is way too cheeky and it gets worse w/ every episode. Now that he's the boss, I hope they play that down a bit.

Absolutely hate the new team member as well. Her voice and entire demeanor annoy me.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 11:54 AM

Season 8 picks back up tonight after a long break. From everything I've read, this is it. I hope they score some good numbers and that the season gains some steam. So far, it's really been kind of...
Well, MEH.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:41 PM

Is it struggling that bad in the ratings?
A two-month hiatus and you come back to a brand new timeslot?

I don't get off until 7pm. I'll always be playing catch-up now.

This is my absolute favorite show on Television and I fear it's on its last legs.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7965388)
Posted via Mobile Device

That was a horrible decision BTW.
Foreman's failed as House's boss twice already.

I thought Wilson or perhaps Andre Braugher's character would've been better choices. Ultimately I think only a female DOM could really control him. Cameron might've been interesting. She had a successful stint as House's boss when Cuddy went on leave.

The Franchise 01-23-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8321059)
Season 8 picks back up tonight after a long break. From everything I've read, this is it. I hope they score some good numbers and that the season gains some steam. So far, it's really been kind of...
Well, MEH.

This is it.....like this is the last season of House?

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8321195)

I think it will be, unfortunately.

The show's seen its ratings drop, they lost a major character and it's gotten too expensive for the network to produce.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8321195)

Hugh Laurie's contract is up this year so I doubt they will go any further.
The numbers are down from Season 6 and early 7. The show's remaining steady, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be it.

The latest shows have been ok, but it's not the same without Cuddy there to constantly berate him. I hope they bring her back for the last couple episodes.

Nothing's official, though. So maybe, just maybe there's hope.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8321225)
Hugh Laurie's contract is up this year so I doubt they will go any further.
The numbers are down from Season 6 and early 7. The show's remaining steady, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be it.

The latest shows have been ok, but it's not the same without Cuddy there to constantly berate him. I hope they bring her back for the last couple episodes.

Nothing's official, though. So maybe, just maybe there's hope.

Edelstein's a regular of another show now though, right?

The Franchise 01-23-2012 12:55 PM

After the last few seasons.....I don't think I'm going to miss it.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321228)
Edelstein's a regular of another show now though, right?

Yeah, she signed with something else. There's so many ways to end this thing, I just hope it's done well.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8321229)
After the last few seasons.....I don't think I'm going to miss it.

I definitely will. Aside from SVU (which I think will also be done after this season)...it's my favorite TV show in more than a decade.

Can't remember being absorbed by a show as much as I am with House.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8321231)
Yeah, she signed with something else. There's so many ways to end this thing, I just hope it's done well.

I think it has to end with House dying.
That's the ONLY way to send the show off.

The Franchise 01-23-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321232)
I definitely will. Aside from SVU (which I think will also be done after this season)...it's my favorite TV show in more than a decade.

Don't get wrong.....I've liked the show....but I haven't had the same enthusiasm that I've had with past seasons. The wife and I watch House, SVU and CSI every week but we haven't really missed House for the last two months. I can't really get into the new cast members....and the Asian chick gets on my nerves.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321232)

This

(Except for the SVU thing. I've never watched it)

I'm a big fan of the following, though:

SOA
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Rescue Me (ended pretty well)
OZ, (I need the box set. I miss that show)
Sopranos
Deadwood - (ended too soon)

out of all of them, I like House the most. The characters are enigmatic, House is someone I can relate with. Often times, I feel like driving my car through someone's front ****ing door. It's just a compelling and interesting show.

The Franchise 01-23-2012 01:03 PM

OZ was a bad ass ****ing show. I really miss watching that every week.

We also watch True Blood every season....and I've taken on Dexter and Game of Thrones into my own list.

Micjones 01-23-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8321243)
This

(Except for the SVU thing. I've never watched it)

I'm a big fan of the following, though:

SOA
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Rescue Me (ended pretty well)
OZ, (I need the box set. I miss that show)
Sopranos
Deadwood - (ended too soon)

out of all of them, I like House the most. The characters are enigmatic, House is someone I can relate with. Often times, I feel like driving my car through someone's front ****ing door. It's just a compelling and interesting show.

Hugh Laurie was absolutely perfect for this role.
Gregory House is one of the most intriguing television characters of all-time.

The Franchise 01-23-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321233)
I think it has to end with House dying.
That's the ONLY way to send the show off.

The only way I could think that they could get away with killing him off.....is if he has to experiment on himself to figure out the cure for another patient.

Micjones 01-23-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8321272)
The only way I could think that they could get away with killing him off.....is if he has to experiment on himself to figure out the cure for another patient.

An overdose would work.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321268)

Did you know that they considered signing Dennis Leary to that role?

It would have never made it.

Micjones 01-23-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8321284)
Did you know that they considered signing Dennis Leary to that role?

He might've been good in the role too.
He would've been able to pull off House's "curt" side, but I'm not sure I would've believed him being as cerebral as Laurie.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 07:03 PM

Just an FYI

It's on now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo 01-23-2012 07:44 PM

So far, it's a pretty damn good ep.
It's a little closer to the norm. House being a dick, showing Foreman up etc.
I hope the numbers improve. It's a great show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus 01-23-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8322153)
So far, it's a pretty damn good ep.
It's a little closer to the norm. House being a dick, showing Foreman up etc.
I hope the numbers improve. It's a great show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Went to watch it on the DVR and Fox was messing up here for me, so I'll be having to watch online when it's available.

Bearcat 01-23-2012 09:49 PM

I'll have to catch it on Hulu. It's one of the very few shows I watch regularly... even in the past few seasons when I think it's jumped the shark with all the relationship crap or a fluff episode here and there, they always seem to reel it back in with a couple of great episodes.

lcarus 01-24-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321291)
He might've been good in the role too.
He would've been able to pull off House's "curt" side, but I'm not sure I would've believed him being as cerebral as Laurie.

Yeah, Laurie is really believable as someone who is as genius as House is. Leary...I don't see it. He was great in Rescue Me though.

The Franchise 01-24-2012 10:20 AM

It was an alright episode.

Buehler445 01-24-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321268)

Agree with the bolded. Most definitely. There have been a lot of genius type TV characters before but not many have been all that believable.

I'm not sure Laurie was made for the role though. I think he's just a ****ing brilliant actor. Listen to an interview sometime. He's epic British and really pretty proper and polite. Everything on screen is acting, and it is really believable.

lcarus 01-24-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8323099)
Agree with the bolded. Most definitely. There have been a lot of genius type TV characters before but not many have been all that believable.

I'm not sure Laurie was made for the role though. I think he's just a ****ing brilliant actor. Listen to an interview sometime. He's epic British and really pretty proper and polite. Everything on screen is acting, and it is really believable.

Yep. When you see an actor outside of their role and they're completely different than what you expect, they're great actors.

Gonzo 01-31-2012 11:17 AM

Last night's episode was pretty much a classic one.
1. Patient has health issue with emotional baggage.
2. House acts like an asshole.
3. Side stories that are unnecessary but somewhat interesting.
4. Rinse and repeat.

Next week looks ****ing awesome. Something is going to happen that may or may not begin to bring closure.

whoman69 01-31-2012 11:25 AM

I think House has jumped the shark. Without Cuddy the show is missing something. Foreman is House light so anything he tries to do is hypocritical. He used to fight against it, but he doesn't anymore. He had no problem cheating with a married woman until he found out. Wilson isn't a big part of the show anymore except when they use him as the one sane person on the show.

Micjones 01-31-2012 05:09 PM

I hate the new timeslot.
I've missed two weeks episodes in a row (as I don't get off until 7).

AND incidentally my laptop is also down.

whoman69 01-31-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8339566)
I hate the new timeslot.
I've missed two weeks episodes in a row (as I don't get off until 7).

AND incidentally my laptop is also down.

No DVR?

The Rick 02-08-2012 06:48 PM

Looks like this is the final season. :(

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/08/fo...o+say+good-bye

whoman69 02-08-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 8359585)
Looks like this is the final season. :(

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/08/fo...o+say+good-bye

The article states the ratings have remained solid, but it was once the highest rated show on TV and is nowhere near that now. Its down to 12th with about half its former viewership.

The Rick 02-08-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8359850)
The article states the ratings have remained solid, but it was once the highest rated show on TV and is nowhere near that now. Its down to 12th with about half its former viewership.

Everybody lies.

:p

lcarus 02-08-2012 10:25 PM

I heard a few weeks ago that perhaps the show could move over to NBC since it's an NBC Production, but it looks like Hugh Laurie and cast are ready to hang it up. Shame. I think the show has another season in it after this one.

Captain Obvious 02-08-2012 11:01 PM

I miss Cameron and 13.

WhiteWhale 02-09-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8359850)

Yeah, I'm among them.

It's a great premise. If you ask me the show ran far too long and the formula got redundant.

I think 5 seasons is the magic number. Most shows (especially dramas) really peak around that time. Given the nature of TV they always let things slide down, but it would be great if great shows got an ending they deserve rather than an anti-climactic write off.

The Franchise 02-09-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 8360196)
I miss Cameron and 13.

This. I don't like the new chicks at all.

lcarus 02-09-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petitelance (Post 8360676)
This. I don't like the new chicks at all.

I don't really hate them or love them. I do love the way Adams looks. Gorgeous. But yeah the show needed to end this season or the next. I was personally hoping for a 9th season because I'm selfish like that, but I just hope they give the show a great ending.

whoman69 02-09-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8360699)
I don't really hate them or love them. I do love the way Adams looks. Gorgeous. But yeah the show needed to end this season or the next. I was personally hoping for a 9th season because I'm selfish like that, but I just hope they give the show a great ending.

I think House should finally finish the job of trying to kill himself.

The Rick 02-09-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8361384)
I think House should finally finish the job of trying to kill himself.

Maybe in the final episode, he'll die of lupus.

007 02-09-2012 04:40 PM

I have never understood the appeal of this character at all. Whenever I happen to be in the room when my wife is watching it all I can think is that somebody needs to just shoot this pompous ass.

Kyle DeLexus 02-09-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8361667)
I have never understood the appeal of this character at all. Whenever I happen to be in the room when my wife is watching it all I can think is that somebody needs to just shoot this pompous ass.

That's already happened.

Gonzo 02-10-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8361777)
That's already happened.

Twice!

Well, he was shot twice.. By the same guy.

Talk about not following through on a story line. The last we heard, the guy is still at large.

Then the other guy that took House hostage. How about a little security, people?!

lcarus 02-10-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8361667)

He's a brilliant doctor/man who doesn't care about anything but solving the puzzle of the patient, breaking any rules that may prevent him from doing so. Plus he's hooked on vicodin. He's basically Sherlock Holmes in a lot of ways.

Gonzo 02-10-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8363004)
He's a brilliant doctor/man who doesn't care about anything but solving the puzzle of the patient, breaking any rules that may prevent him from doing so. Plus he's hooked on vicodin. He's basically Sherlock Holmes in a lot of ways.

Heh, I don't know if you knew this or not but they based House off of Sherlock Holmes.

Wilson = Watson
House = Holmes
Etc...

I think that's on the House Wiki page. You should read up on it when you have time. There's some interesting facts about the show.

Micjones 02-28-2012 06:52 PM

Just found out the show is concluding with the S08 finale.

The Franchise 02-28-2012 06:53 PM

How many episodes are left?

Micjones 03-02-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8405977)
How many episodes are left?

Eight.

Gonzo 03-02-2012 10:00 PM

I hope they do something worth a shit for these last 8 eps. Hopefully bring Cuddy back or House's ex GF (Stacy) from season 1-2. They need to conclude this amazing show on a high note.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection 03-02-2012 10:04 PM

I've always look at this show as an adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. I haven't watched this year regularly as it hasn't been good for quite some time, but I'll probably watch the last few episodes.

I don't believe they've ever re-visited that great episode where House got shot (and the guy who did it named Moriarty supposedly escaped), but it would be nice if they did. I don't expect them to, though.

pr_capone 03-02-2012 10:29 PM

This makes me sad. End of an era. House was an excellent show and has held up extremely well over 8 years.

Micjones 03-05-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8414027)
I hope they do something worth a shit for these last 8 eps. Hopefully bring Cuddy back or House's ex GF (Stacy) from season 1-2. They need to conclude this amazing show on a high note.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tend to agree.

The show has to end with House dying though.
That'll be the only acceptable ending for me.

Micjones 03-05-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8414037)
I've always look at this show as an adaptation of Sherlock Holmes.

That's precisely what it is.

Quote:

I don't believe they've ever re-visited that great episode where House got shot (and the guy who did it named Moriarty supposedly escaped), but it would be nice if they did. I don't expect them to, though.
I made a joke about having Moriarty to come back and finish him off this time just the other day.

Micjones 03-05-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8414092)
This makes me sad. End of an era. House was an excellent show and has held up extremely well over 8 years.

SVU's the only other drama I've ever attached myself to.
Not sure what I'm gonna follow now.

Gonzo 03-05-2012 05:49 PM

Heh, you know it's the only show I've ever purchased via DVD. I have all 7 seasons and watch them all the time. It never get's old, (especially season's 3 and 5).
Each time I watch it, I catch something new.

Micjones 03-05-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8420054)
Heh, you know it's the only show I've ever purchased via DVD. I have all 7 seasons and watch them all the time. It never get's old, (especially season's 3 and 5).
Each time I watch it, I catch something new.

I'm going to buy every season on DVD once 8 is available.
I only found the show about two years ago (when I lost my job), but I've been a faithful follower of a 24/7/365 Internet channel that runs the eps in chronological order, ever since.

My favorite seasons are 4, 6 and 7.

Gonzo 03-05-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8420060)
I'm going to buy every season on DVD once 8 is available.
I only found the show about two years ago (when I lost my job), but I've been a faithful follower of a 24/7/365 Internet channel that runs the eps in chronological order, ever since.

My favorite seasons are 4, 6 and 7.

Go Amazon when you do... I got all 7 seasons for under 100 bucks.

Micjones 03-05-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8420115)
Go Amazon when you do... I got all 7 seasons for under 100 bucks.

Nice! Thanks for the tip.

KS Smitty 03-05-2012 09:37 PM

So will last weeks' episode that got pre-empted by the Daytona 500 be aired or is it available online?

KC_Connection 03-05-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8419982)
I tend to agree.

The show has to end with House dying though.
That'll be the only acceptable ending for me.

But Sherlock Holmes never dies. Well he kinda does, I guess, but then it turns out he faked his own death.

BTW, have you seen the BBC's version of Sherlock? It's fantastic. Season 2 just came out and it was even better than the first season.

Quote:

I made a joke about having Moriarty to come back and finish him off this time just the other day.
It would be nice if the writers didn't just forget about the character. But I think they probably will.

Gonzo 03-05-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 8420580)
So will last weeks' episode that got pre-empted by the Daytona 500 be aired or is it available online?

Just did some reading...
Apparently they're going to extend the season one more week, (into April) and air that episode in a couple weeks. The show is also going back to it's old time-slot, (8:00 CST).

Why the hell it's so difficult to find this information is beyond me. You'd think they would put it on the official website, but **** no. You've gotta look all over the place to find any type of information.

KS Smitty 03-05-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8420641)
Just did some reading...
Apparently they're going to extend the season one more week, (into April) and air that episode in a couple weeks. The show is also going back to it's old time-slot, (8:00 CST).

Why the hell it's so difficult to find this information is beyond me. You'd think they would put it on the official website, but **** no. You've gotta look all over the place to find any type of information.

Thanks for the info. So are they moving Alcatraz to 7:00 or putting something else there and moving Alcatraz to another night?

KC_Connection 03-05-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8420641)
Just did some reading...

This is the same network that cancelled Arrested Development and then aired its series finale on a Friday night opposite the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics, so I'm not surprised.