ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If REid doesn't get a QB with our 1st round pick... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268786)

Rausch 01-12-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9307845)
Gross

It'd be like buying a BMW for a squirrel...

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 11:07 AM

QB or bust with the pick

saphojunkie 01-12-2013 11:32 AM

QB

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9307862)
QB or bust with the pick

Everyone saying this has just gone full reerun in the other direction. The draft is fluid and who knows what can happen.

I want the RIGHT QB. If we can get him by trading down or trading up from #33, then what the hell do I care? I hope Geno Smith blows people away at pro days and combine. I hope there's no doubt that he is the #1 QB in the draft and we take him first overall.

But if he isn't the right guy, then **** him. I want the QB who is going to make this team a Super Bowl contender. If the rest of the league believes this is a weak QB class, then maybe we can take advantage of that perception and land a really talented guy others have ignored.

Regardless, this is a HUGELY pivotal time for this franchise, and this decision needs to be right. It can't simply be "Derp take a QB no matter wut or GTFO." It needs to be a carefully calculated, perfect decision.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 11:39 AM

Dude, that's not the point. There is a group of hardcore fans here that have done our homework on guys like Geno and Wilson. I trust their judgment and my own eyes since I see the same thing. We aren't like "HERP HE'S GOT A CASSELESQUE DEEPBALL, BUT HE'S A QB!!!". We've seen the accuracy, mobility, work ethic of Geno, and came to the conclusion he's absolutely worth the pick.

Fat Elvis 01-12-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9307300)
If we draft a Joeckel AND sign Vick, think about how much sense that would make.

People who say we should draft Joeckel should get a one week ban.

Agent23 01-12-2013 11:43 AM

I miss Trent Green :(

Chiefshrink 01-12-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9307284)
Waaaaay too early to make that call

Yep ! The pimping hasn't begun yet:rolleyes:

saphojunkie 01-12-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9307924)
Dude, that's not the point. There is a group of hardcore fans here that have done our homework on guys like Geno and Wilson. I trust their judgment and my own eyes since I see the same thing. We aren't like "HERP HE'S GOT A CASSELESQUE DEEPBALL, BUT HE'S A QB!!!". We've seen the accuracy, mobility, work ethic of Geno, and came to the conclusion he's absolutely worth the pick.

I agree he is worth the pick from what I have seen, and I think there are many many many posts that back that up. But I am withholding fanaticism until we have at least gone through off the off the pre-draft process. Can you honestly say that there isn't a single quarterback in this draft that is nearly as capable? There isn't one other guy that could become a franchise QB capable of winning multiple playoff games?

If there is that guy, and we are able to get him without using the first overall pick, then that changes the situation. That's all I am saying.

I would rather have Jarvis Jones AND a franchise QB than just a franchise QB. Now, maybe that's ****ing impossible and there is no earthly way you are going to land a top flight QB without taking one with the first overall pick. Maybe.

But we don't know that yet, so it's silly to be so declarative at this point. It's just silly.

I don't believe this is a weak QB class, not the way the talking heads do. But if that becomes the rhetoric, then the Chiefs might be able to take advantage of it.

Two years ago I wanted Kaepernick. Last year I wanted WIlson (once the RG3 trade possibility was gone). This year I want Geno.

Let's just say that we can get Geno in the 2nd round. Let's say he struggles at the Combine. He tests positive for marijuana. He falls and we draft him at 33rd overall.

Are you going to freak out because we didn't take a QB at #1?

saphojunkie 01-12-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9307928)
People who say we should draft Joeckel should get a one week ban.

They should have to clean Brandon Albert's ass hole during their time away.

Rasputin 01-12-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent23 (Post 9307939)
I miss Trent Green :(

How about having a Trent Green without all those peski INTs? That is what Geno Smith can bring to the table. He can put up TDs in bunches during a game and he doesn't throw a bunch of INTs. He had something like 44 TDs and only 6 INTs this year.

Why wouldn't we want a QB who gives us the best chance of winning by scoring a lot of TOUCHDOWNS?

crossbow 01-12-2013 11:51 AM

Didn't we learn anything from last years draft? Washington traded its soul to the devil to move up. Miami traded up to take a chance on a QB that everyone said should go in the 2nd round. If a guy looks pretty good and a team needs a QB they are gonna move up to get him. If we wait until the 2nd round the good ones will be gone. So do we trade away our pick and end up missing what we need the most (QB) so we can have lots of picks and take a loser in the 2nd? Figure out which QB you want and take him. If he sucks then take another one when his rookie contract is up.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9307955)
How about having a Trent Green without all those peski INTs? That is what Geno Smith can bring to the table. He can put up TDs in bunches during a game and he doesn't throw a bunch of INTs. He had something like 44 TDs and only 6 INTs this year.

Why wouldn't we want a QB who gives us the best chance of winning by scoring a lot of TOUCHDOWNS?

Too risky. He's not Luck.

saphojunkie 01-12-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9307955)

His stats mean next to nothing. Seth Doege has virtually the same stats. (INTs being the difference - which is truthfully a big difference, but you get the point).

The argument for Geno is the eyeball test. You watch the kid play, and he just has patience, vision, touch, accuracy. I LOVE how he never tucks the ball and runs unless it is absolutely the last option for positive yards.

He actually reminds me more of Roethlesberger in that regard - extending plays and extending plays and then finding an open receiver. Beautiful.

Rasputin 01-12-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9307959)
Too risky. He's not Luck.

Your right we should take a TE to replace our FHOF Tony Gonzalez.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9307974)
Your right we should take a TE to replace our FHOF Tony Gonzalez.

I was thinking trade down so we can take a TE AND Guard