ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games NBA 2k12 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250953)

Hays 10-04-2011 02:36 PM

NBA 2k12

Anyone get their copy yet?

I am picking mine up in less than an hour.

Mr. Arrowhead 10-04-2011 02:37 PM

I just cant buy the NBA game until I know there is a real season, I dont know why either

Hays 10-04-2011 02:42 PM

Well after seeing the reviews and how it only gotten better from last years game I had to buy it.

Dayze 10-04-2011 02:43 PM

2k11 was the only BB game I've ever bought/played. I was extremely pleased with it - although, admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about BB. Still fun.

kcxiv 10-04-2011 03:07 PM

waiting for my 2 copies in the mail. Its getting late, they may not come til tomorrow though.

Bump 10-04-2011 06:17 PM

I can't get into NBA games but I do like online competition. Is the online any good? I've heard it isn't good anymore with 2K, but I haven't looked into it much. They still have the lobby system like in NFL All Pro with ratings of each person?

kcxiv 10-05-2011 12:50 PM

hmm... got the game played it a little bit, its way better then before. Everything is so smooth now. No more herky jerky jump shots. Everything flows really nice.

I like how they are letting you upload your videos directly to youtube now. No more 2Kumminity video's. This format is WAY better.

Demonpenz 10-05-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7969693)
hmm... got the game played it a little bit, its way better then before. Everything is so smooth now. No more herky jerky jump shots. Everything flows really nice.

I like how they are letting you upload your videos directly to youtube now. No more 2Kumminity video's. This format is WAY better.

damnit don't say this shit. I am gunna have to buy it.

Hays 10-05-2011 02:11 PM

Seems to be harder to improve your myplayer this year. Either that or my guy totally sucks and can't make a shot to save his life ha.

So no 99 rated player for me in a week of playing.

Dayze 10-05-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hays (Post 7969945)
Seems to be harder to improve your myplayer this year. Either that or my guy totally sucks and can't make a shot to save his life ha.

So no 99 rated player for me in a week of playing.

lol...sounds like My Player from last year. Granted, my basketball knowledge/skills is limited, but holy hell....my player sucked the entire first 2 years I played. Dude would miss wide open shots 2' in front of the rim...ALL THE TIME.

I think the last time I played, which is a few months ago, my rating was only like a 71 or something.

durtyrute 10-05-2011 02:44 PM

How is it on Wii. I don't play video games hardly at all, but my sister let me use her game system and I was thinking of getting a game or two.

kcxiv 10-05-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7969885)
damnit don't say this shit. I am gunna have to buy it.

There is no more of that canimation shit. You can pretty much break out of any animation pretty flawlessly. It looks really ****ing nice.

The 15 legends thing is nice to unlock all them old school teams. Plus for a limited time, you get the unlock code for the 91 Warriors with Mullen, Hardaway and Richmand and the 2002 Kings.

Demonpenz 10-05-2011 07:36 PM

Is Rik Smits in this game?! FOR THE LOVE OF CEDRIC CEBALOS IS RIK SMITS IN THIS GAME?!?!?

58kcfan89 10-05-2011 07:50 PM

ZOMG, DOES IT HAVE LOCKOUT MODEZ!!!!??!?!???

...sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 7967243)
I just cant buy the NBA game until I know there is a real season, I dont know why either

I'm pretty much the same way. I bought 2K11 last year and generally buy the new sports games (Madden, NCAA Football, NHL, NBA 2K, The Show) a few days before the real seasons start. But after trading Madden & NCAA back in within 2 weeks this year, I'm thinking I'll just keep playing NHL until either the NBA lockout ends or The Show comes out. Hopefully by that point, the price has dropped (or the 2K13 game is out lol).

Although I have heard it's an amazing game.... I just can't bring myself to spend money on a league that's not currently playing. I mean, wouldn't the rosters be exactly the same as they were at the end of last year? Or did they get rookies in?

kcxiv 10-05-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 7970838)
ZOMG, DOES IT HAVE LOCKOUT MODEZ!!!!??!?!???

...sorry.

I'm pretty much the same way. I bought 2K11 last year and generally buy the new sports games (Madden, NCAA Football, NHL, NBA 2K, The Show) a few days before the real seasons start. But after trading Madden & NCAA back in within 2 weeks this year, I'm thinking I'll just keep playing NHL until either the NBA lockout ends or The Show comes out. Hopefully by that point, the price has dropped (or the 2K13 game is out lol).

Although I have heard it's an amazing game.... I just can't bring myself to spend money on a league that's not currently playing. I mean, wouldn't the rosters be exactly the same as they were at the end of last year? Or did they get rookies in?

Thats why you play unlocking the classic teams for now. THats what i am doing right now anyways. Hopefully this lock out BS is over soon.