ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request What a bad day (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204065)

J Diddy 03-12-2009 07:22 AM

What a bad day

Went to work yesterday and had a seizure. The store I was at was about an hour away from my house and they called my wife who came to get me.

While she was on her way I had another seizure. This time I hit the safe hard causing several injuries including a blood filled right ear that I still can't hear out of.

I never had this problem, mostly because I got plenty of sleep, but this looks more and more like my drinking days are officially done.

Katipan 03-12-2009 07:28 AM

How scary. :(

blaise 03-12-2009 07:28 AM

Wow. One of my best friends from high school- his name was Jim Berner, was a heavy drinker. He started having seizures a few years ago, and still kept drinking. About a year and a half ago another guy I knew went to his house to pick him up and he was dead in his bed. He was only 36. I will say that he did have some other physical problems due to a bad car accident from when we were teenagers, and the liquor he drank was stuff like Mad Dog wine, and he drank excessively almost every day, so I'm sure he was an extreme example.
I'm not trying to scare you, I don't know you or much about you, but if I was you, like you said, I'd lay off the liquor. I'm convinced that's what did my friend Jim in, and he had seizures first before he finally died. I hope you get better and I hope this was just a one time deal.

J Diddy 03-12-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5575060)
Wow. One of my best friends from high school- his name was Jim Berner, was a heavy drinker. He started having seizures a few years ago, and still kept drinking. About a year and a half ago another guy I knew went to his house to pick him up and he was dead in his bed. He was only 36. I will say that he did have some other physical problems due to a bad car accident from when we were teenagers, and the liquor he drank was stuff like Mad Dog wine, and he drank excessively almost every day, so I'm sure he was an extreme example.
I'm not trying to scare you, I don't know you or much about you, but if I was you, like you said, I'd lay off the liquor. I'm convinced that's what did my friend Jim in, and he had seizures first before he finally died. I hope you get better and I hope this was just a one time deal.

Wow thanks for the story. Me being 34 that thought will definitely help keep the thought of boozing away from my noggin.

PhillyChiefFan 03-12-2009 07:31 AM

Wow, thats awful man. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Hope you are feeling better today, best wishes.

ArrowheadHawk 03-12-2009 07:31 AM

I hope you get better.

J Diddy 03-12-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 5575057)
How scary. :(

Worse part is I've got the worlds biggest headache coupled with an ear full of blood so I can't hear dick in my right ear. I see my kids playing little tricks on me when they get home and know I can't hear them.

seclark 03-12-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 5575050)
I never had this problem, mostly because I got plenty of sleep, but this looks more and more like my drinking days are officially done.

wise choice, sadly. have you had seizures before?
best of luck...take care of yourself.
sec

Soupnazi 03-12-2009 07:33 AM

Sorry to hear that, but what does the booze have to do with it? Were you drunk when you were on your way to work?

I'm not getting the connection.

Phobia 03-12-2009 07:33 AM

Dude - get well. That's an awful story.

J Diddy 03-12-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 5575068)
wise choice, sadly. have you had seizures before?
best of luck...take care of yourself.
sec

I've had a couple of them, but mostly in high school. No real problem in years.

J Diddy 03-12-2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupnazi (Post 5575069)
Sorry to hear that, but what does the booze have to do with it? Were you drunk when you were on your way to work?

I'm not getting the connection.

Stayed up late the night before drinking.

58-4ever 03-12-2009 07:35 AM

Man, that is terrible. How often do you drink, (and excuse my ignorance), how is it related to your seizure?

burt 03-12-2009 07:37 AM

Get well, Diddy. Life is short, as it is, don't accelerate your demise. I know I'd miss ya!

Soupnazi 03-12-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 5575074)
Stayed up late the night before drinking.

I guess I never knew that drinking alcohol could cause siezures. That's wild. I think I'd be done drinking as well.