ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So my son wants a tattoo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269756)

frankotank 02-07-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9384406)
Instead of wings, how about a beautiful angel in its entirety? That would make a pretty sweet 1/2sleeve.

I can't wait to talk to him about this tonight!
she was a very good artist. a painter. on our mantel is her pic with one of her paint brushes leaning against it.
so I was thinking something like....a beautiful angel….her back is too you….glorious wings and all…..and in her hand……a paint brush…..

wutamess 02-07-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9384324)
so I still haven't been able to share all this valuable input with my son, he worked late last night, but I DID share with my wife who promptly pointed out that I'm a tard for not included the all important fact that Grandma collected angels.
so yeah, my bad, that's a big part of the reason for his angel wings idea.
having said that.....I'm gonna try to talk him out of it.

Still get her portrait and some cherubs floating around with a skyline. Better than boring angel wings.

Do it right and something that isn't just plain and simple just cause it's a first tattoo.

Carlota69 02-07-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9384490)
I can't wait to talk to him about this tonight!
she was a very good artist. a painter. on our mantel is her pic with one of her paint brushes leaning against it.
so I was thinking something like....a beautiful angel….her back is too you….glorious wings and all…..and in her hand……a paint brush…..

Very cool. I would google angel images and show him and the artist. It can really help with the process;-)

Omaha 02-07-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9384439)
yes I'm sure you'd like that.
I mean, after all, he IS very muscular and slim! :D

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

that's funny right thar....I don't care who y'are!

Agree to disagree.

MahiMike 02-07-2013 10:49 AM

It'll be funny when these kids' kids look at all those tats and ask their parents what the hell they were thinking.

Rausch 02-07-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9384610)
It'll be funny when these kids' kids look at all those tats and ask their parents what the hell they were thinking.

It's one thing to get a tat that's a memorial to a family member.

It's a completely different matter when you get a tramp stamp or some other dumb $#it you just sat there for to say you sat there for it...

Holladay 02-07-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Ditto

Or Imagine how their daughter is going to feel when she has to have them come over to meet BFs' parents. And temp is 100 in the shade and they have to wear long shelves to cover up their "expression of worldly coolness" when they were 18.

The future in-laws are prolly thinking, what the heck is my son thinking and what the heck were they thinking. Apples don't fall from the tree.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 9385150)
Ditto

Or Imagine how their daughter is going to feel when she has to have them come over to meet BFs' parents. And temp is 100 in the shade and they have to wear long shelves to cover up their "expression of worldly coolness" when they were 18.

The future in-laws are prolly thinking, what the heck is my son thinking and what the heck were they thinking. Apples don't fall from the tree.

Go **** yourself.

Holladay 02-07-2013 01:31 PM

http://media.boreme.com/post_media/2...pit-tattoo.jpg

Classic example...this dude is screwed for LIFE.

Holladay 02-07-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Go **** yourself.
Is that what he's going to say when he's a dad?

http://media.boreme.com/post_media/2...pit-tattoo.jpg

frankotank 02-07-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 9385150)
Ditto

I'm not really with this.
if my sons girlfriends parents are gonna throw judgement like that down on a kid for getting a shoulder tat in tribute to his grandmother....then they can go **** themselves.

furthermore, whatever he decides, I guarantee he will not be covering it up in shame to meet his girlfriends parents.

he, like me, is of the opinion...you don't dig me....cool, that's YOUR problem.

frankotank 02-07-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 9385161)
Classic example...this dude is screwed for LIFE.

Q

and...
I'm fairly certain that tat isn't a tribute to his grandmother.

Holladay 02-07-2013 01:49 PM

I don't disagree with you...done correctly tats can have special meaning.
I stated that much earlier in the thread.

Holladay 02-07-2013 01:49 PM

Im just not sure about over the board full sleeve type stuff.

frankotank 02-07-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 9385215)
Im just not sure about over the board full sleeve type stuff.

yeah...that ain't happening!
I'm not allowing a full sleeve as numero uno.
not even digging shoulder to elbow....rather it not reach all the way to the elbow. but we'll see. full sleeve isn't happening.

having said that...I've seen some badass sleeves.
to each his own.
I no more look at a person with a sleeve and think any less of them than I do a person of color.....well....unless they are Asian....

JUST KIDDING! that was in reference to the racist Duke fraternity thread.
don't taze me bro!

EDIT - I DO however find that tats near the tittas give me good reason to just completely eye rape said tittas! :D