ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So my son wants a tattoo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269756)

Carlota69 02-06-2013 02:26 PM

Without a doubt, do your research on the shop and the artist. I took over a week, and lots of hours researching the right artist. Of course, it took me 20 years to finally do what I had always wanted to do as well. So, time and real thought is key. Clean artist, clean shop and friendly service. My thought is, I better like the guy who is inflicting all this pain on me. My relationship with my artist became very important. I trust him. Hes the guy Im going back to when its time to finish my sleeve. Also, once you find the right artist, trust that artist. They should tell you whether that tattoo is going to look good or if it would be better another way, another place.

Good Luck, and enjoy the experience with your son.:)

Oh, and when its time, make sure he eats a big protein heavy meal. A Fat burger was always my meal pre-session. And get him the darkest chocolate possible, and have him eat bites of it during the tat. Dark Chocolate releases the love endorphines and helps (somewhat) with the pain.

KCUnited 02-06-2013 02:26 PM

Not to diminish the thought behind it, but angel wings are played, they're a downward trend one notch above nautical stars.

I'd take the sentiment to a reputable artist and talk about ideas that are unique/individual as opposed to some shit every hipster/mma guy is walking around with.

frankotank 02-06-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9382649)
Try talking him into a teddy bear on his butt like Radar O'reiley

I suggested going the Steve-O route. he wasn't amused.

http://punchpin.com/thumbs/all_files...rry.com.au.jpg

Radar Chief 02-06-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9382649)
Try talking him into a teddy bear on his butt like Radar O'reiley

Roy Orbison. What momma don’t know won’t hurt her. /Coach Klein

luv 02-06-2013 02:32 PM

Shoulder to elbow wings on one arm? Those will be some skinny wings. I have a friend who got something similar on her lower back. Turned out well. :p

Carlota69 02-06-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9382661)
Not to diminish the thought behind it, but angel wings are played, they're a downward trend one notch above nautical stars.

I'd take the sentiment to a reputable artist and talk about ideas that are unique/individual as opposed to some shit every hipster/mma guy is walking around with.

True Story^^^^^^^^^
I would defintely bring this up. Angel Wings really are the "new" tribal. Played the F Out. There are many ways your son could pay tribute to his granmother that are unique to his relationship with her. talking to a good artist about it, they will help with that.

KC_Lee 02-06-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9382661)

I have to agree with this, the angel wings are really, really played out. And if you're going to have something on you for life make it meaningful. Not that honoring ones grandmother is not meaningful but I'd recommend you do it in an untrendy manner.

mikey23545 02-06-2013 02:36 PM

Make sure and take him to the circus first, so he can see the wide range of employment opportunities which will be available to him after getting some tattoos.

Sorter 02-06-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9382674)
Shoulder to elbow wings on one arm? Those will be some skinny wings. I have a friend who got something similar on her lower back. Turned out well. :p

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...9d7mo1_500.gif

frankotank 02-06-2013 02:38 PM

it's official, I'm gonna have to read this entire thread to him tonight.

egads...the mention of tribal tats....YIKES!

Frosty 02-06-2013 02:38 PM

I always think of angel wings as something women do. Do men actually get those too?

NTTIAWWT

frankotank 02-06-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9382682)
Make sure and take him to the circus first, so he can see the wide range of employment opportunities which will be available to him after getting some tattoos.

ROFL

U R DUM

ptlyon 02-06-2013 02:40 PM

Ok angel wings are out. Did she make real awesome rolls or muffins or something?

frankotank 02-06-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9382680)
I have to agree with this, the angel wings are really, really played out. And if you're going to have something on you for life make it meaningful. Not that honoring ones grandmother is not meaningful but I'd recommend you do it in an untrendy manner.

I am pretty sure after I read all these comments to him he's gonna reconsider.
he, like me, marches to the beat of his own drummer. being trendy is dumb.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-06-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9382530)
He turns 18 about 6 months at which point he can do what he wants anyways. We're using this as a bargaining chip for now....get your grades up and we'll consider it. Welp....just got the mid quarters and he is kicking some major ass!
He wants angel wings (two wings on one arm) from his shoulder to his elbow in honor of his grandmother who passed last year so it's not like it's gonna be small or easily concealed.
I have no problem with tattoos, and honestly i think his idea is a good one. But he's a 17 year old kid. Not sure that this is a good idea. Especially considering the size.

Thoughts?

Make sure he understands tattoos need to be above the elbows. Sleeves as they're called will require him to wear long sleeved shirts in the dead of summer as most employers will require they be concealed.

I turn 36 in April and I have no tattoos. The only reason why is I've never found anything I wanted printed on my body forever. I don't think there's any harm in it at all, and I think what he wants and why he wants it is noble and you should honor your end of the bargain. Just my 2 cents.