ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs-must-get-back-to-Midwest-mentality (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266442)

Brock 11-10-2012 03:09 PM

Chiefs need to get back to winning. all else irrelevant

chiefzilla1501 11-10-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9103762)
Agreed. Pioli's money saving style of cutting off charitable related things, screwing firemen, and not letting parking and gate employees watch the game is ridiculous.

Exactly. I know people hate true fans. But the fact is, when this team is likeable, it makes Arrowhead that much louder.

I don't want this to become a country club. I want a dick of a GM that's good at building teams, but also wants to open the team up to the fans again.

aturnis 11-10-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9103557)
http://d2om8tvz4lgco4.cloudfront.net...43ff515cd8.jpg

You forgot to post the writer's picture, which for some reason is almost as big as the article.

Pioli - glasses + smile = this guy?

FloridaMan88 11-10-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9103779)
Exactly. I know people hate true fans. But the fact is, when this team is likeable, it makes Arrowhead that much louder.

Spare us your Kumbaya bullshit.

When the Chiefs WIN, and win consistently like they did in the '90s, the Arrowhead advantage will return.

DaneMcCloud 11-10-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9103779)

I don't want this to become a country club. I want a dick of a GM that's good at building teams, but also wants to open the team up to the fans again.

You're a ****ing moron.

The TRUE FANS NEVER LEFT ARROWHEAD.

JFC, you're so ****ing dumb.

ChiefMojo 11-10-2012 11:09 PM

True Fans are still sitting in their sits regardless of the crap being displayed.

It doesn't matter if the GM is a a**hole or not but yes winning is all that matters in the end. But I do agree with the author that you have to give a little back to the fans and not treat us like sh*t. I've harped on it many of times, no matter how you feel about Carl, he knew what he was doing in cultivating a atmosphere of togetherness. The way the team/players interacted with the fan base was top notch. Pioli comes in and there is a iron wall that goes up between the organization and the fan base... that doesn't fly with people with Midwestern roots. Can you picture the front offices in Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, etc. doing that to their fan bases???

Sorter 11-10-2012 11:30 PM

What is really funny about this "Patriot-Way" bullshit to me is that the Pats have a weekly video of Belichick breaking down impact plays. The Pats don't even operate in the complete level of secrecy Pioli does.

ROFL

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9104984)
True Fans are still sitting in their sits regardless of the crap being displayed.

It doesn't matter if the GM is a a**hole or not but yes winning is all that matters in the end. But I do agree with the author that you have to give a little back to the fans and not treat us like sh*t. I've harped on it many of times, no matter how you feel about Carl, he knew what he was doing in cultivating a atmosphere of togetherness. The way the team/players interacted with the fan base was top notch. Pioli comes in and there is a iron wall that goes up between the organization and the fan base... that doesn't fly with people with Midwestern roots. Can you picture the front offices in Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, etc. doing that to their fan bases???

So where are we disagreeing, and why am I getting shit for it?

The skeptics are always going to question the team's direction. Pioli turned true fans into obligated fans. They root for the team out of obligation, not because they love the team. During the Peterson years, they turned guards like Brian Waters into superstars.

RealSNR 11-11-2012 02:09 AM

What's-with-the-dashes-why-not-use-the-spacebar?