ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Will Kaepernicks "Inked Up" look prevent him from being a marketable star? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267236)

WhiteWhale 12-01-2012 01:33 AM

Yeah... no way an athlete can be a star if he's got tattoos.

Lebron who?

Quarterbacks are not CEO's, they're athletes.

KcMizzou 12-01-2012 01:58 AM

Oddly enough, while watching Kaepernick kick ass, I didn't even notice his tattoos. And I'm an old white dude!

Seriously, nobody gives a shit.

Baby Lee 12-01-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9165766)
His dumb ass would probably get it tattooed on his back.

Everyone knows if you want Cassel to have an unimpeded view, you'd need to tattoo the playbook on Pioli's lower belly.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 06:40 AM

people still buy michael vick jerseys...so...

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9165700)
There's twinges of racism in that article.

ROFL You are hillarious.

Did the marketing guys hold back on AI or more importantly LeBron? He is an athlete and it doesn't hurt his marketing ability that much. If he were a banker would it hurt his ability to represent, you bettcha. Here is the deal though, could it have hurt his abilty to be selected to represent the franchise? Sure, tell me how many tatted up bad boys you see on the Yankees. I am sure there are other team owners that feel the same.

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9167053)
ROFL You are hillarious.

Did the marketing guys hold back on AI or more importantly LeBron? He is an athlete and it doesn't hurt his marketing ability that much. If he were a banker would it hurt his ability to represent, you bettcha. Here is the deal though, could it have hurt his abilty to be selected to represent the franchise? Sure, tell me how many tatted up bad boys you see on the Yankees. I am sure there are other team owners that feel the same.

Ridiculous to think that any team would not bring a player in because of tattoos. If they are character issues, yes. But A-Rod is a douche bag without noticeable tattoos (and he's not the only guy without a ton of tattoos that is a character issue). AJ Burnett and Jason Giambi were two tattoo guys on the Yankees.

This is a non-issue. If you can tell me a legit sports superstar who is undermined because of tattoos, let me know. Right now, we're talking about a QB who may or may not be starting two weeks from now.

Hoover 12-01-2012 11:27 AM

I actually thinks it will make him a bigger star

mcaj22 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.n.../118588686.jpg

kids look up to this guy. this is the NBA's most marketable small market player. He has an entire city/fanbase by the balls and if he told them to go jump off a bridge to better the team they would probably listen.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:44 AM

Geno wore his hat backwards that one time, so I've taken him off my big board.

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9167097)
Ridiculous to think that any team would not bring a player in because of tattoos. If they are character issues, yes. But A-Rod is a douche bag without noticeable tattoos (and he's not the only guy without a ton of tattoos that is a character issue). AJ Burnett and Jason Giambi were two tattoo guys on the Yankees.

This is a non-issue. If you can tell me a legit sports superstar who is undermined because of tattoos, let me know. Right now, we're talking about a QB who may or may not be starting two weeks from now.

Sure, superstars are exceptions. Before they become superstars and are being considered for a position that could make them the face of the franchise though you can't tell me that it is never considered. We are really talking about something that could never be verified one way or the other so it's really irrelevant. He is getting his chance now with a good team. I personlly believe there is no way Harbaugh is turning back this year unless he just totally sucks ass but that isn't going to happen. He made his choice.

Radar Chief 12-01-2012 11:59 AM

Pompadour skull tattoo on his arm but Jimbo never did no body no harm. /the Rev

keg in kc 12-01-2012 12:03 PM

Not in today's world.

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:09 PM

He wins - he wins...

milkman 12-01-2012 01:07 PM

Just lock him up now.

He's clearly a thug.

RealSNR 12-01-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9167182)
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.n.../118588686.jpg

kids look up to this guy. this is the NBA's most marketable small market player. He has an entire city/fanbase by the balls and if he told them to go jump off a bridge to better the team they would probably listen.

That's hometeam-style tattooing there. Gotta say, it's almost as gay as the shit Bray did.