ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Quarterback Tournament: Round 2, Heat 1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264663)

Rain Man 10-04-2012 09:55 PM

Quarterback Tournament: Round 2, Heat 1

We're down to 32 quarterbacks, one per team. Let's see who keeps going in the playoffs.

cdcox 10-04-2012 10:05 PM

Whoa, some close races out of the gate.

Rausch 10-04-2012 10:07 PM

I vote for a NT...

hometeam 10-04-2012 10:10 PM

Elway loses by default.

Rain Man 10-04-2012 10:14 PM

Game 1 - Cunningham. As mentioned earlier, I think Fouts was a product of his system. Cunningham created a system.

Game 2 - Duh. Montana. (Though I recognize that one can argue that he was a system quarterback, too.)

Game 3 - Baugh vs. Aikman. What an interesting matchup. I'm going Baugh just because I think he was a superior athlete and could create more ways to win.

Game 4 - Otto Graham is simply one of the best quarterbacks ever to play the game. His record as a starter was 114-20-4. He took his team to the championship game for ten straight years, winning seven. He had a career quarterback rating of 86.6 in an era when many starting QBs had ratings in the 60s. This guy was utterly amazing and easily deserves to move to the next round.

Game 5 - Favre and Tarkenton are the same player. Favre's records blow away everyone else's, but Tarkenton was the same way when he retired. Favre had a better arm, but Tarkenton was the original scrambler. I probably should take Favre here, but I'll go contrarian and take Tarkenton on the bet that he can win with both his arms and his legs.

Game 6 - Young in a walkaway. Simms was solid and Young was great.

Game 7 - I'm going to furtively avert my eyes and vote for Trent. Hey, Terry was a great quarterback and he had great teams. He also got benched at least once in his career. Trent worked his way steadily to the top and led one of the greatest offenses ever. Plus, he could lead block.

Game 8 - Where did this matchup come from? Geez. I would actually take Johnson here. Dude was seriously underrated and had a great arm.

Rasputin 10-04-2012 10:14 PM

No ****ing way Horseface beats Otto Graham no ****ing way.

You ****ing bundle of sticks homer Donkey fans voting huh. :cuss:

Rausch 10-04-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8978108)
No ****ing way Horseface beats Otto Graham no ****ing way.

Otto is not only one of the best QB's but one of the best overall talents in Pro Football...

Rasputin 10-04-2012 10:19 PM

Come on Donkey homer fans that voted for Elway post that you did.

I got enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Rasputin 10-04-2012 10:26 PM

It could come down to Steve Young vs Joe Montana in the finals.

Rausch 10-04-2012 10:34 PM

Sammy Baugh gets nothing?

Really?

****, sometimes this place disgusts me...

cdcox 10-04-2012 10:36 PM

Fouts - first of the really big yardage QBs.

Montana - obvious

Sammy Baugh -- carried a 109 QB rating in 1945. Unheard of.

Otto Graham -- everything Rain Man said, plus 7-time first-team all pro. Not really close.

Favre -- I like Tarkenton a lot better, but I think Favre was better.

Steve Young -- obvious

Bradshaw -- Should have voted Green based on the switch places test. Green could have ran the Steeler offense easier the Bradshaw could have run the Chiefs. I guess I didn't want to look like a homer.

Brad Johnson -- Gannon is what Matt Cassel would be if he became accurate on short passes and developed field vision at age 35, and then choked in the biggest game of his life.

cdcox 10-04-2012 10:37 PM

The youngun's don't know the game. Too busy playing Madden to learn about the greats.

Rausch 10-04-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8978165)
Sammy Baugh -- carried a 109 QB rating in 1945. Unheard of.

Yeah, that's crazy.

And **** me, dude played defense? Wait...what position....looking...

FAHK ME! HE was a CB! A ****ing QB AND CB?!?!?!

Who the **** does that!?!

****ing Chuck Norris and Baugh, that's who. Wait....this crazy balls out mother****er also had 11 int's in one year.

While playing QB, P, and....wait........****ing PUNTER? He led the league in punting as well?

Jesus-jumping-jack-Christ! HE ****ING RETURED PUNTS AND KICKS!

So he's an all time passing great, KR/PR, CB, Punter, and on top of that managed a 109 QB rating?

Back when there were no real helmets and that had real hits?

**** you. He's no 1.

End of story, voting over, go to bed knowing the world is right...

Pitt Gorilla 10-04-2012 10:52 PM

Cunningham was THE best quarterback on Super Tecmo Bowl.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 11:03 PM

i hope Trent wins

lol