ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeffrey Flanagan: King Carl chimes in again on Reid hiring... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268777)

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 06:19 PM

TOLD YOU ROBOCARL WAS IN ON THIS

http://i.imgur.com/loMDz.gif

keg in kc 01-11-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9306762)
If Peterson had left in 2005, with Dick Vermeil, he'd be a hero.

Unfortunately, he outstayed his welcome. But that shouldn't negate his work from 1989-2005.

'89-'97 maybe. 1998-2005 weren't anything to write home about. I'd contend that what we're seeing now is just a continuation of the spiral Peterson started in the late '90s. It's in some ways reminiscent of the current economy, with prior (mis-)management from years ago causing lots of problems, the savior management brought in 4 years ago unable to fix them, due in no small part to flaws of their own. No re-election for Pioli though.

melbar 01-11-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9306741)
Carl failed here. Completely. Why is his opinion on how we should go about or are going about things valued?

Do Lions reporters call Matt Millen for his take every time they make a hire?

It was time to leave, and the Chiefs didnt get to the superbowl, but we did win 2nd most games in the NFL during the decade of the 90's and the Loyalty and excitement of the fanbase was second to none when he was here. I think he deserves a little more credit than that.

DeezNutz 01-11-2013 06:41 PM

The combo of Carl and Vermeil wrecked this franchise. Had the former left after '05, he'd still be regarded as the POS that he is. Had he left after Gunther, his legacy would be far more positive.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9306826)
The combo of Carl and Vermeil wrecked this franchise. Had the former left after '05, he'd still be regarded as the POS that he is. Had he left after Gunther, his legacy would be far more positive.

It's too bad Vermeil wasn't 10 years younger.

I think they could have gotten it done together.

:(

O.city 01-11-2013 06:44 PM

The Vermeil years was all go for broke. It didn't work and Herm took the bullet for it by going young.

Where we really ****ed up was the Pioli regime.

MahiMike 01-11-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9306741)
Carl failed here. Completely. Why is his opinion on how we should go about or are going about things valued?

Do Lions reporters call Matt Millen for his take every time they make a hire?

Carl gave us some of the best memories in Chiefs history. He DID have success, just like Reid in Philly. Time catches them all...

Ace Gunner 01-11-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9306826)

yep. Carl's run was over right about then, but he thought he could mortgage the future of the team without neg effects. he was very very wrong about that.

Chief Roundup 01-11-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9306790)
TOLD YOU ROBOCARL WAS IN ON THIS

http://i.imgur.com/loMDz.gif

Quote:

Peterson said he was not asked by Clark Hunt to advise on Reid's hiring.

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 07:15 PM

****stick took most of my hate away from Carl.

COchief 01-11-2013 07:21 PM

Carl overstayed his welcome for sure but he also is the man responsible for 80% of our current pro-bowlers.

I thought my hate for Carl was a strong as it could be, then shitstain and Kasl rolled into town and took us all to another level. If anything Fat Scott made me appreciate what Carl did in his tenure even more.

Buehler445 01-11-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9306894)
Carl overstayed his welcome for sure but he also is the man responsible for 80% of our current pro-bowlers.

I thought my hate for Carl was a strong as it could be, then shitstain and Kasl rolled into town and took us all to another level. If anything Fat Scott made me appreciate what Carl did in his tenure even more.

No shit. I seriously thought Herm had brought as bad of football as was possible for KC. I thought that was the low.

Nope. There was a dead cat bounce and then on down we went.

This place was ****ing ELATED when Carl was ousted. But we had no mother****ing clue how bad it could be. And it was bad. Herm was fail. King Carl had ****ed up all kind of player acquisitions, and ****her twice? Really? But it was miles better than this year's shitstorm.

Pioli put forth a MONUMENTAL effort to make it that shitty.

CoMoChief 01-11-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9306723)
Carl loved the banners, he knows it.

Oh yeah he did. He was snickering til he shit in his depends.

You gotta respect Carl though in a sense....he made football in this town matter again..there wouldn't be any Chiefsplanet if it weren't for him and the success w/ Marty. He certainly worn out his welcome and we never should have hired Herm Edwards, as Carl should have gone out the door w/ DV. But he loved what he did and got paid a lot of money in a very secure job (until Lamar's death). I don't think any of us would pass that up.

It's also sad that Scott Pioli was such a bad ****ing hire that it almost makes me miss the good ol days of Carl Peterson.

RunKC 01-11-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9306762)
If Peterson had left in 2005, with Dick Vermeil, he'd be a hero.

Unfortunately, he outstayed his welcome. But that shouldn't negate his work from 1989-2005.

A hero? Heroes lead their franchises to playoff victories.

He's still a stupid mother****er who hired Gunter and fired him over the internet, drafted LJ, thought just bringing in Gunter for DC was enough for one offseason, can't draft worth a SHIT unless a coach with decent prior success helped him and never wanted to draft a QB in the first round because he was too scared.

**** King Carl.

warpaint* 01-11-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9306820)
It was time to leave, and the Chiefs didnt get to the superbowl, but we did win 2nd most games in the NFL during the decade of the 90's and the Loyalty and excitement of the fanbase was second to none when he was here. I think he deserves a little more credit than that.

0 playoff wins his last 15 yrs here.

His first few yrs here were a good start that he failed to build on and reach the ultimate goal. And from '98 on.....well frankly his regime sucked hind teet.

Add to that he's an arrogant douchebag which only works if you win more.