ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My pops could use some positive thoughts his way.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268130)

The Bad Guy 12-29-2012 01:19 AM

My pops could use some positive thoughts his way..

6 of the last 12 Christmas vacations have been spent in the friendly confines of the local hospital because my dad has had some type of issue. Literally, around the holidays it means that ole pops is going to be admitted for some illness.

Well this year didn't disappoint and presented a whole mess of other issues that were unexpected.

My dad is only 56, has had 4 heart attacks (one at 30, one at 36, one at 44 and a small one last year). He has terrible back issues. However, he keeps himself in shape at the gym each day.

Last Friday, he had to be rushed to the hospital with what was determined as a kidney stone. Terrible pain. However in the scans, they noticed that the aneurysm he knew about didn't look right so they wanted to do more tests on the aorta to see if the aneurysm was separating away from the artery.

They gave him a dye that he was allergic to (thank god he had taken bennadryl earlier in the day and that neutralized the dye's impact on his system) so he had to wait to have the tests done.

He went back in today, and they found a small blood clot in his lung, and then determined that his aorta is splitting in several areas. They have to wait until the clot passes so they can take care of the artery.

Doctors say this is a more serious surgery than open heart. My old man has been through a lot, but this is the first time in a long time that I saw him really afraid because of how serious the nature of the surgery is. Plus, with the recovery time, he'll be away from the gym, and that's not really good for his heart issues either.

If you can throw up some good thoughts/prayers that whatever obstacles come in his way he's able to conquer I'd appreciate it. I want him to be around to see my son and the 2nd kid on the way in August grow up.

Sorry for the long-winded post. Thanks in advance.

The Franchise 12-29-2012 01:20 AM

Done. Hope everything goes alright for him.

TimeForWasp 12-29-2012 01:26 AM

prayers sent.

Rasputin 12-29-2012 03:46 AM

Gotcha yall in my prayers.

stevieray 12-29-2012 05:25 AM

absolutely...

hang in there..

Mr. Flopnuts 12-29-2012 05:57 AM

Brutal. Prayers sent.

threebag 12-29-2012 06:02 AM

Prayers to your family.

chiefs1okie 12-29-2012 06:51 AM

5 heart attacks here, and quadruple bypass about a year ago. I am only 53. I can definitely relate to what your dad is feeling and the humbling realization of mortality. I have a strong and unwavering faith in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I will absolutely pray for his recovery and for the hands and minds of the doctors to be guided by Him to best bring healing to his body. I will also pray for an inner peace to wash over your father and your entire family.

Chiefs=Champions 12-29-2012 07:15 AM

Good thoughts for ur dad on the way dude. Hang in there.

bevischief 12-29-2012 07:35 AM

On the way.

mlyonsd 12-29-2012 08:21 AM

Done

Codered 12-29-2012 08:25 AM

Wow, what a rough set of health issues he has had to over come. A small prayer said on his behalf. Hoping all goes well and a speedy recovery!

DaFace 12-29-2012 08:27 AM

Damn, dude. It tore me to pieces when my dad had his ONE heart attack a few years back. I can only imagine having to worry about him so frequently like that.

Hang in there, and good thoughts floating your way.

SAUTO 12-29-2012 09:01 AM

On the way buddy
Posted via Mobile Device

seclark 12-29-2012 09:05 AM

in.
thoughts and prayers for your family.
sec