ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs need to invest in a competant "thunder" to complement "lightning"...... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221025)

Kylo Ren 01-03-2010 10:02 PM

The Chiefs need to invest in a competant "thunder" to complement "lightning"......

The Chiefs need to find a good "thunder" type of RB to complement Jamaal Charles (lightning). JC is definitely the franchise RB next season. Maybe the offense should be designed around him? But, he can't handle 80+% of the carries. He's too slight of build. Haley needs to invest in a good, big, bruising RB. Charles could take about 65% of the carries, the thunder back could take 25% of the carries and everyone else can account for the other 10%. I think Charles would be more effective by not shouldering the entire load. We want him to last the entire season, not have a great first 10 games and then get worn out or injured.

Thoughts?

RealSNR 01-03-2010 10:04 PM

Draft.
A.
FB.

SPATCH 01-03-2010 10:05 PM

what exactly is being "lightened"?

jk... you're right though, and we could easily find one in the draft methinks

Kylo Ren 01-03-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 6406192)
what exactly is being "lightened"?

jk... you're right though, and we could easily find one in the draft methinks

.... a spelling error!

Nice catch. I'll fix it.

MMXcalibur 01-03-2010 10:06 PM

Use pick 2a for Toby Gerhart?

chefsos 01-03-2010 10:08 PM

I think we should keep Castille for that thunder arm alone...

Kylo Ren 01-03-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 6406219)
I think we should keep Castille for that thunder arm alone...

That was a moonshot!

Renegade 01-03-2010 10:11 PM

I thought I heard it quacking on the way down.

chiefzilla1501 01-03-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 6406180)
The Chiefs need to find a good "thunder" type of RB to complement Jamaal Charles (lightening). JC is definitely the franchise RB next season. Maybe the offense should be designed around him? But, he can't handle 80+% of the carries. He's too slight of build. Haley needs to invest in a good, big, bruising RB. Charles could take about 65% of the carries, the thunder back could take 25% of the carries and everyone else can account for the other 10%. I think Charles would be more effective by not shouldering the entire load. We want him to last the entire season, not have a great first 10 games and then get worn out or injured.

Thoughts?

Agreed. You get a quality Fullback who can carry the ball, and you kill two birds with one stone. And you can easily get that late in the draft.

Between Charles' carries and Thunder back's carries, you have about 5-10 to spare. You don't need an all-pro back to serve that 5-10 role.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-03-2010 10:12 PM

I hope Big Daddy posts the picture. Never did one of your threads more deserve it.

Kylo Ren 01-03-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6406245)
I hope Big Daddy posts the picture. Never did one of your threads more deserve it.

ROFL

HotRoute 01-03-2010 10:21 PM

screw thunder we need more lightning, if anything we need to take j.best (cal), d.murray (OU), CJSpiller (Clem) or maybe even Mccluster (ol Miss).

why take a thunder back, similar to LJ for him to do the same crap. notice once charles stepped in we played better as a whole unit, mainly due to his speed. so if anything we need another speedster

Kylo Ren 01-03-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 6406242)
Agreed. You get a quality Fullback who can carry the ball, and you kill two birds with one stone. And you can easily get that late in the draft.

Between Charles' carries and Thunder back's carries, you have about 5-10 to spare. You don't need an all-pro back to serve that 5-10 role.

Perhaps, but I'm not so sure. I don't think a big FB is the answer. A Brandon Jacobs type of RB is what I have in mind.

Rain Man 01-03-2010 10:38 PM

Thunder? Thunder doesn't kill people. All thunder does is scare dogs. I don't want thunder. I want softball-sized hail and lightning. Or tornados and lightning. You team up tornados with lightning and now you're talking about a lethal combination.

Thunder. Pssh.

KevB 01-03-2010 10:43 PM

Having a threat to take it the distance on every play can make up for other shortcomings IMO. I'd rather find another back with speed and explosiveness to keep JC fresh.

How about Sproles if the Chargers don't sign him? He was franchised this season.