ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Romeo Crennell defends frustrated fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264949)

-King- 10-10-2012 02:23 PM

Romeo Crennell defends frustrated fans

Chiefs coach defends 'frustrated' fans

Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel understands why fans in Kansas City are "frustrated."

Updated Oct 10, 2012 3:48 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)

Romeo Crennel said Wednesday that he shares the frustration of fans in Kansas City over the Chiefs' 1-4 start while calling them ''some of the best fans in the NFL.''

WHO SETS THE CURVE?
Check out the FOXiest fans from stadiums across the country and tweet us your photo.

Chiefs fans have been the subject of national scrutiny this week. On Sunday, offensive lineman Eric Winston laid into fans he believes were cheering after quarterback Matt Cassel was injured in a 9-6 loss to Baltimore.

''I think the majority of the Chiefs fans are not going to cheer a player getting hurt. I think the majority of Chiefs fans support the Chiefs. They want the chiefs to win,'' Crennel said. ''Are they frustrated? Yes, they're frustrated, just like we're frustrated.''

Cassel sustained a concussion on the play, and while a small percentage of fans cheered, it was unclear what they were applauding: the injury itself, the play that resulted in a first down, the moment that Cassel finally got to his feet or when Brady Quinn took over as quarterback.

Cassel had been struggling all season, and had thrown two interceptions in the game.

Winston's diatribe, in which he called the segment of fans cheering Cassel's injury ''sickening,'' quickly went viral. It was dissected on ESPN and more mainstream television news program, such as ''Good Morning American'' and the ''Today'' show, offered their take on it.

LET'S GET NUTS!
NFL fans are a special breed, and they their bring their own brand of craziness on game day.

''Historically, the Chiefs fans are some of the best fans in the NFL. You can go back and you can look at that and you know that's the case,'' Crennel said. ''I've come here and played here as an opposing team, and I can verify that. They're supportive of their team.''

Only to a point, though.

Animosity has been building in Kansas City for years, both over the failure of the Royals to reach the playoffs since 1985 and the Chiefs to win a playoff game since 1993.

One group of tailgaters last Sunday strung up a bed sheet carrying the message that the Chiefs were an ''embarrassment'' at one of the entrances to the parking lots. Prior to the game, an airplane towed a banner paid for by fans asking that general manager Scott Pioli be fired. Pioli has not been available for comment this week.

''We're trying to make it better,'' Crennel said. ''I got up there a little earlier on Sunday and (the fans) were there in their red, and they were ready to try to help their team, and the team played a competitive game. Was it perfect? It was not perfect. But it was a competitive game, and it kept the fans involved in the hopes they were able to pull out a victory.

''We have to continue to play like that,'' Crennel said, ''to keep the fans cheering for us and supportive of us the way they have been for a long time.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/k...ed-fans-101012

-King- 10-10-2012 02:24 PM

And...
Quote:

Romeo Crennel: Chiefs fans are great, and they’re frustrated
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 10, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT

Kansas City fans have taken a lot of criticism this week after some of them cheered when struggling Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel went down with a concussion on Sunday. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel says Chiefs fans don’t deserve criticism, but they do deserve a better team.

“I think the majority of the Chiefs fans are not going to cheer a player getting hurt. I think the majority of Chiefs fans support the Chiefs. They want the chiefs to win,” Crennel said. “Are they frustrated? Yes, they’re frustrated, just like we’re frustrated.”

The fans who cheered Cassel getting hurt seemed to be a minority of those at Arrowhead Stadium, and Crennel says they’re not representative of the overall Kansas City fan base.

“Historically, the Chiefs fans are some of the best fans in the NFL. You can go back and you can look at that and you know that’s the case,” Crennel said. “I’ve come here and played here as an opposing team, and I can verify that. They’re supportive of their team.”

But what Chiefs fans aren’t supportive of is the way their team has played this season. For that — though not for cheering Cassel’s injury — it’s hard to blame them.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...re-frustrated/

Reerun_KC 10-10-2012 02:26 PM

Crennel is 33% of the frustration..

He needs to shut up, resign and Go the **** away...

Discuss Thrower 10-10-2012 02:27 PM

I might have a shot in journalism yet.

Rasputin 10-10-2012 02:38 PM

fLustrated is the word.

teedubya 10-10-2012 02:39 PM

I've decided that we should have the Roman Coliseum league... and kill gladiators again. **** it. MMA meets the Running Man meets Eric Winston. Wait, nm... don't want to be sickening.

qabbaan 10-10-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8999093)
fLustrated is the word.

Yes!

Molitoth 10-10-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8999043)
I might have a shot in journalism yet.

lol

Molitoth 10-10-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8999093)
fLustrated is the word.

Honestly during his post game press conf, I could've sworn he was saying,

"The chiefs fans are first rated.... I am first rated."

I literally CHOKED..... then finally figured out he was trying to say Frustrated.

CoMoChief 10-10-2012 02:40 PM

We're going into next season w/ Crennel Pioli AND Cassel

And this place will ****ing meltdown.

BoneKrusher 10-10-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8999041)
Crennel is 33% of the frustration..

He needs to shut up, resign and Go the **** away...

agreed.

Deberg_1990 10-10-2012 02:43 PM

Translation: I have no idea WTF im doing on Sundays. Why didnt i just retire?

Scott, your gonna give me $4 mil per to be HC? I guess i can hang around for a little while longer.....

BoneKrusher 10-10-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8999105)
Honestly during his post game press conf, I could've sworn he was saying,

"The chiefs fans are first rated.... I am first rated."

I literally CHOKED..... then finally figured out he was trying to say Frustrated.

LMAO

the Talking Can 10-10-2012 02:43 PM

clark hunt has released a statement per 810

also espn is in town interviewing players about Chiefs fans...

Crush 10-10-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8999109)
We're going into next season w/ Crennel Pioli AND Cassel

And this place will ****ing meltdown.

If that happens, Mount Vesuvius will pale in comparison to it.