ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who was "the Steal of the Draft?" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259074)

Frankie 04-30-2012 07:34 AM

Who was "the Steal of the Draft?"

What player did you have an eye on that went way lower than your expectation? Why?

Chiefnj2 04-30-2012 07:38 AM

Polk and Minnifield going undrafted. Someone will get good value if they sign them as an UDFA.

suds79 04-30-2012 07:40 AM

Surprised Lamar Miller & Alameda Ta'amu fell to the 4th.

the Talking Can 04-30-2012 07:41 AM

last year it was houston in the 3rd

not sure this year

DaKCMan AP 04-30-2012 07:54 AM

I still think Tauren Poole will be productive for whatever team signs him, like I did with Arian Foster.

I also really like Jayron Hosley at the end of the 3rd to the Giants, Brandon Boykin in the 4th to the Eagles, and Bobby Massie in the 4th to the Cards.

FD 04-30-2012 08:02 AM

Ask me again in 4-5 years.

Jewish Rabbi 04-30-2012 08:04 AM

Poe

tredadda 04-30-2012 08:08 AM

Who was that punter Jax took in round 3?

Chiefnj2 04-30-2012 08:19 AM

The steal of the draft - the Redskins and Robert Griffin.

Chief fans are sitting around wondering whether their will be an open competition between Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi. Three months ago their was debate whether the team would pursue Orton. Really? Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi and Orton? That's the best Chief fans can hope for? An open competition between below average career QBs?

All I keep reading about is how KC is never going to finish dead last or with one or two wins, and how they'll never be in position to grab a top QB. Never suck enough for a shot at someone like Stafford. Never suck enough for an elite QB.

Well, this year KC had its chance. The 2nd pick of the draft was open to EVERYONE. Teams were guaranteed not just a chance at, but had a 100% guarantee at taking a consensus blue chip QB prospect. Great arm, great athleticism, no off field concerns, led his team to many victories, played well in big games, accurate, etc. The pick was up for grabs. No more excuses for not having a QB in a pass driven league.

Pioli and Hunt let it slip away. They'd rather use the first round pick on a pure boom/bust prospect and spend the rest of the draft on depth. All the while, the team desperately needs a franchise QB. Pioli gets an F from me on this years draft for not taking that chance, and I look forward to reading next April which average veteran QB will be competing against Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi.

BoneKrusher 04-30-2012 08:22 AM

Today RG3.

three years from now that might look a bit different, we shall see.

OmahaChief 04-30-2012 08:40 AM

I really liked Lamar Miller in the fourth. I think concerns about his shoulder dropped him becuase I watched a lot of Miami games and the kid is insanely good when completely healthy.

donkhater 04-30-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8582555)
The steal of the draft - the Redskins and Robert Griffin.

Chief fans are sitting around wondering whether their will be an open competition between Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi. Three months ago their was debate whether the team would pursue Orton. Really? Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi and Orton? That's the best Chief fans can hope for? An open competition between below average career QBs?

All I keep reading about is how KC is never going to finish dead last or with one or two wins, and how they'll never be in position to grab a top QB. Never suck enough for a shot at someone like Stafford. Never suck enough for an elite QB.

Well, this year KC had its chance. The 2nd pick of the draft was open to EVERYONE. Teams were guaranteed not just a chance at, but had a 100% guarantee at taking a consensus blue chip QB prospect. Great arm, great athleticism, no off field concerns, led his team to many victories, played well in big games, accurate, etc. The pick was up for grabs. No more excuses for not having a QB in a pass driven league.

Pioli and Hunt let it slip away. They'd rather use the first round pick on a pure boom/bust prospect and spend the rest of the draft on depth. All the while, the team desperately needs a franchise QB. Pioli gets an F from me on this years draft for not taking that chance, and I look forward to reading next April which average veteran QB will be competing against Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi.

We'll never know if those discussions took place. Personally, if they didn't offer at least 2 first round draft picks, a second rounder and Dwayne Bowe then they dropped the ball.

Direckshun 04-30-2012 09:46 AM

I gotta say, I think Chapman going in the 5th round to the Colts, who probably need a NT more than any other team in the league, was the best deal.

DJ's left nut 04-30-2012 09:56 AM

Yup - Chapman in the 5th was robbery.

Dennard in the seventh was right behind it.

Plenty of steals in this draft. That's what happens when teams like the Chiefs reach for every single pick they make through the first 5 rounds.

ForeverChiefs58 04-30-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8582684)
I gotta say, I think Chapman going in the 5th round to the Colts, who probably need a NT more than any other team in the league, was the best deal.

I was actually hoping the Chiefs would add him as insurance/to help push Poe. He is a tough SOB.