ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Which unit is more responsible for our six losses? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154171)

Hammock Parties 12-10-2006 11:19 PM

Which unit is more responsible for our six losses?

There's no question in my mind that the offense is to blame.

blueballs 12-10-2006 11:20 PM

break it down further
you know you want to

Demonpenz 12-10-2006 11:20 PM

I dunno but i thought it was funny today when john madden said drew brees loved to play with his unit

luv 12-10-2006 11:22 PM

That's a tough one. Both have been inconsistent.

tk13 12-10-2006 11:25 PM

I think it's been pretty even overall, both sides have made mistakes. Although, the defense choked away the Cleveland game, which pretty much ripped the heart out of our season. Then today, our offense didn't have a good day, but at home, backs against the wall, they allow a 16 play, 9 minute TD drive that broke our backs in the 4th quarter. Pretty much unacceptable. We're supposed to be a defensive football team, you can't do that.

Demonpenz 12-10-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I think it's been pretty even overall, both sides have made mistakes. Although, the defense choked away the Cleveland game, which pretty much ripped the heart out of our season. Then today, our offense didn't help, but at home, backs against the wall, they allow a 16 play, 9 minute TD drive that broke our backs in the 4th quarter. Pretty much unacceptable.

better post that again in another thread to make sure we know which drive killed us :)

milkman 12-10-2006 11:27 PM

In the end, who the **** cares?

We're 7-6, with virtually no shot at the playoffs.

I blame Carl, Hermie, Mike Solari, Gunt, and with apologies because of his health, ultimately Lamar.

This team is stuck in mediocrity, and Lamar has been fine with that.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-10-2006 11:27 PM

Our D allows the same PPG as last year

Our average opponent O last year was 14.5...this year it is 19.

They allow more YPA, and a higher overall completion percentage.

Fewer passes have been attempted against them than last year, largely because we haven't put any teams in situations where they had to pass (like last year) and that is the ONLY reason why we aren't giving up the same YPG passing as last year.

The D is just as craptastic as it always was.

tk13 12-10-2006 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
better post that again in another thread to make sure we know which drive killed us :)

Well, gochiefs is gonna keep posting it, I'm gonna keep responding, haha. :)

Mecca 12-10-2006 11:29 PM

We have massive holes on both sides of the ball.......neither unit is exactly good.

Bowser 12-10-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
We have massive holes on both sides of the ball.......neither unit is exactly good.

Yep.

Hammock Parties 12-10-2006 11:36 PM

Miami...defense played well enough to win.

Denver...defense played well enough to win.

Cincinnati...defense played well enough to win.

Ravens...defense played well enough to win.

Pittsburgh and Cleveland...those are on the D, for sure. But the rest of the losses are on our offense, either by complete lack of production or putting too much stress on the D by punting too many times and turning it over.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-10-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Miami...defense played well enough to win.

Denver...defense played well enough to win.

Cincinnati...defense played well enough to win.

Ravens...defense played well enough to win.

Pittsburgh and Cleveland...those are on the D, for sure. But the rest of the losses are on our offense, either by complete lack of production or putting too much stress on the D by punting too many times and turning it over.

Did you ever think that maybe the same jackass who runs constantly to drain the clock and prohibit the D from seeing the field puts the O in deep shit by doing that because he constantly places them in predictable down and distance situations.

I don't care who you are, an offense can't succeed if they are that predictable.

tk13 12-10-2006 11:40 PM

Overall, you could probably make the case for the offense. But at the end of the day, the last two weeks, the opponent had the ball with about 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, and our defense fell apart. No amount of offense is going to save that.

dirk digler 12-10-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca

Yep but the D has been so bad for so long so it is their fault