ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Los Angeles City Council approves NFL Stadium (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264378)

Discuss Thrower 09-28-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8957786)
Also for us in Central and Southwest Missouri, worst case is if somehow an AFC team ends up in St. Louis. The Chiefs games on CBS would be several undercutted then.

That would just piss me off because I almost guarantee Springfield would be a STL market.

DaneMcCloud 09-28-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8957814)
All I ask is that, if they come up with a new name, it ends in 's'. Bonus points if it refers to a weapon, a ruler of men, a warrior caste, or a fanged animal.

The Los Angeles Vampires would be the perfect name...

Discuss Thrower 09-28-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8957836)
The Los Angeles Vampires would be the perfect name...

David Boreanaz is gonna sue someone for Likeness Rights.

DaneMcCloud 09-28-2012 09:10 PM

The latest "interesting twist" in the NFL to Los Angeles is that Philip Anschutz is selling AEG, which owns Staples, 25% of the Lakers, L.A. Live! (including the Nokia Theater) and the Los Angeles Kings.

Under the previous terms, AEG would only bring a team to Los Angeles IF the owner was willing to sell the team to AEG. Now, that might not be the case. A new owner may only want partial ownership or controlling interest, instead of the whole enchilada.

Also, Roger Goodell has stated implicitly that the only way the Raiders even have an opportunity to return to Los Angeles would be if Mark Davis agrees to sell the team in whole. Personally, I can't see that happening.

TinyEvel 09-28-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8957859)

Also, Roger Goodell has stated implicitly that the only way the Raiders even have an opportunity to return to Los Angeles would be if Mark Davis agrees to sell the team in whole.

High-five Goodell!!!

Ruck the Faiders. big time.

L.A. Chieffan 09-28-2012 09:40 PM

Either one of you guys been to Animal on Fairfax? I'm headed there now.

DaneMcCloud 09-28-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8957911)
Either one of you guys been to Animal on Fairfax? I'm headed there now.

I haven't been there yet. The closest I've been to that restaurant is Jar, on Beverly. I've heard good things about Animal, so you'll have to let us know.

L.A. Chieffan 09-28-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8957915)
I haven't been there yet. The closest I've been to that restaurant is Jar, on Beverly. I've heard good things about Animal, so you'll have to let us know.

Yeah I saw it on Bourdain. The bone marrow looks awesome!

DaneMcCloud 09-28-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8957916)
Yeah I saw it on Bourdain. The bone marrow looks awesome!

Yeah, when it's done right, it's awesome. Enjoy!

TinyEvel 09-29-2012 12:42 AM

I had that bone marrow at The Gorbals in the Alexandria downtown. l also got that 57 dollar beef shank. Talk about Fred Flintstone meat!

L.A. Chieffan 09-29-2012 12:43 PM

So the "marrow bone" as they call it, was off the chain. I wanted to get two orders of it but my wife made me get something else. Anyways really good times and food.

Also if you're into that kind of thing there's a new Banksy up on a gas station real close off of La Brea that we had to check out.

pimpchief 09-29-2012 12:50 PM

The la boners.

saphojunkie 09-29-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 8957741)
Move the Chargers up here, then I have a shorter ride to see the Chiefs when they come out.

Downtown traffic wouldn't be any different than when there's a Lakers game. the article is reaching.

You can take the subway from hollywood/highland to the staples center parking lot. As long as there's a stop for the new stadium, I'm gonna love it.

alnorth 09-29-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8957814)
All I ask is that, if they come up with a new name, it ends in 's'. Bonus points if it refers to a weapon, a ruler of men, a warrior caste, or a fanged animal.

The Los Angeles Vampire Bats

Makes sense in many ways.

pimpchief 09-29-2012 12:59 PM

La Fake Boobies