ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brooklyn 9-9 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276616)

Red Gorilla 09-24-2013 02:54 PM

Brooklyn 9-9

Anybody watch Brooklyn 9-9? The pilot was last week and it was hilarious. It's sort of like The Office meets Reno 911. The second episode airs on FOX tonight.

Ceej 09-24-2013 02:56 PM

HardQore.

Frosty 09-24-2013 03:29 PM

Bob-B-Q

Baby Lee 09-24-2013 03:46 PM

In the DVR Q.

mike_b_284 09-25-2013 12:20 PM

Its pretty good. Andy Samberg is funny. Hot Rod

Baby Lee 10-23-2013 11:45 AM

Sandwich safes!!

Oh, and has Chelsea ever been sexier than when she was flirting with Jeffords during his surreptitious ballistics certification last week?

rocknrolla 10-23-2013 11:49 AM

Havent been this impressed with a comedy since the first couple of seasons of The Office.

gblowfish 10-23-2013 11:51 AM

It ain't Barney Miller, but it's OK...

Baby Lee 10-23-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 10116843)
Havent been this impressed with a comedy since the first couple of seasons of The Office.

And even they didn't have after work short shorts.

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2013 11:53 AM

My fear was that it would be an Andy Samberg vehicle, who is a great comedic actor in doses, but it's got a great ensemble cast. This is definitely my favorite new show of the season, by far.

S.H.I.E.L.D. has had its moments and Sleepy Hollow is garbage. Hello Ladies, a show that I expected to be very entertaining, is contrived and completely predictable, making it extremely disappointing.

Masters of Sex has been a little bumpy but very good at times (and there's nothing like seeing Lizzy Caplan naked, especially with fully erect nipples!). I've only seen one and a half episodes of The Blacklist, so I have to give it a "neutral" at this point.

On a somewhat personal note (I'm friends with execs on the show), I've enjoyed Mom so far this season. The dynamic between Anna Faris and Allison Janney has been excellent and it's a change of pace to see Faris as a straight woman. The show has the typical Chuck Lorre "crudeness" factor and the story lines have been original to date.

Mom
isn't as entertaining as Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but it's definitely been good.

DJ's left nut 10-23-2013 11:57 AM

I watched Trophy Wife for a bit, the problem is that it's just not that funny.

I like a lot of things about it. It has likeable characters, very good actors in roles that suit them well and it has some actual heart/substance to it.

But it's not funny. And it's supposed to be.

I think it could evolve into something pretty good, but it's losing me very quickly. I don't think it's going to have to time to develop into what it could be. It's a shame because it has a lot of the parts it needs to be outstanding, it just doesn't have the glue.

Baby Lee 10-23-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10116858)
On a somewhat personal note (I'm friends with execs on the show), I've enjoyed Mom so far this season. The dynamic between Anna Faris and Allison Janney has been excellent and it's a change of pace to see Faris as a straight woman. The show has the typical Chuck Lorre "crudeness" factor and the story lines have been original to date.

No offense, but Mom is everything I hate about Lorreland. It's like 2 /12 Men and 2 Broke Girls ****ed.

They had an episode where the entire final scene was the family sitting around a gynecologist's office and the youngest son points at a poster and says clitoris.

That's it, that was the scene, the clincher.

Baby Lee 10-23-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10116869)
I watched Trophy Wife for a bit, the problem is that it's just not that funny.

I like a lot of things about it. It has likeable characters, very good actors in roles that suit them well and it has some actual heart/substance to it.

But it's not funny. And it's supposed to be.

I think it could evolve into something pretty good, but it's losing me very quickly. I don't think it's going to have to time to develop into what it could be. It's a shame because it has a lot of the parts it needs to be outstanding, it just doesn't have the glue.

I don't think it's a world changer, but I've found it much more enjoyable that I expected. Good enough that it's verging on Cougar Town syndrome where the title of the show belies its quality.

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10116874)
No offense, but Mom is everything I hate about Lorreland. It's like 2 /12 Men and 2 Broke Girls ****ed.

They had an episode where the entire final scene was the family sitting around a gynecologist's office and the youngest son points at a poster and says clitoris.

That's it, that was the scene, the clincher.

Yeah, I get that: It's like the female version of Two and Half Men, but the actors aren't as annoying as Charlie Sheen and Ashton Kutcher, IMO.

keg in kc 10-23-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10116858)
My fear was that it would be an Andy Samberg vehicle, who is a great comedic actor in doses, but it's got a great ensemble cast. This is definitely my favorite new show of the season, by far.

S.H.I.E.L.D. has had its moments and Sleepy Hollow is garbage. Hello Ladies, a show that I expected to be very entertaining, is contrived and completely predictable, making it extremely disappointing.

Masters of Sex has been a little bumpy but very good at times (and there's nothing like seeing Lizzy Caplan naked, especially with fully erect nipples!). I've only seen one and a half episodes of The Blacklist, so I have to give it a "neutral" at this point.

Mom
isn't as entertaining as Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but it's definitely been good.

I would say Masters of Sex and The Blacklist are my favorites so far. I'm a couple weeks behind on Brooklyn 9-9. Had to take it off my DVR because it's up against both NCIS and Agents of Shield, so it's down to watching it on demand when I remember to.