ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We are holding the Number One pick. Are you excited about the draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272021)

MTG#10 04-12-2013 07:50 AM

Im excited because Im still holding out hope that we are either going to draft Geno, or trade back and get our 2nd back + more picks. If we end up take Fisher or Joker 1st overall I'll probably go kick a puppy.

jd1020 04-12-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9579882)
I'm excited to get the first day over with so all the Geno talk stops.

ROFL

The Geno talk wont stop. Every time he makes a play in preseason it will be posted.

Manila-Chief 04-12-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9579539)
I don't think I've ever been less excited for a Chiefs draft pick.

Yep!!!

And to think I wasted a lot of emotions pulling for losses after it became apparent we were going nowhere last fall. I think we would be better off if we were drafting a few slots back ... better possibility for a trade to recover the 2nd. round pick.

If they could some how trade back and recover a 2nd. round pick, I'd be more interested. There is suppose to be really good prospects in the 2nd. round & I do believe Dorsey/Reid are better talent evaluators than the last so called "expert." So, I'll check to see just who the 1.1 choice will be and go about more important things.

May not be the proper thread to express this ... but, if they pass on a QB in this draft, a couple things better happen:

#1. Alex better win at least one S.B.;
#2. or Geno, Barkley, etc. all better be busts. If one of them turns out to be even a franchise QB, I'm going to be really upset.
#3. Just thought ... in the next couple of years, I guess they could hit on finding an elite QB (i.e. Kap., Russel Wilson, Brees, Farve, etc.) in the mid rounds and that would erase the sting of not getting one this year.

I would have been okay with a drafted QB leading us to the same ole 40+ years of frustrations ... at least they would have tried at drafting and developing a QB. I'll not be satisfied with another "Montana" experiment ... win a lot of games but not quite to the promise land. So, you can see that I'm really hopeful for the Chiefs future!!!

Another reason I'm not excited about this draft. I think there is less than a 5% chance of Reid/Alex winning a SB. Retread guys seldom win it all.

prhom 04-12-2013 09:39 AM

I think the only good thing that will come from this draft is that maybe guys will stop mocking the chiefs to take LTs in the first round next year. Other than that, I'm pretty pessimistic about it. Whoever we pick will never live up to the expectations of a first overall pick. If you had told me we would have 1.1 this year and that I would not be excited, I wouldn't have believed you. Yet, here we are.

Frankie 04-12-2013 09:42 AM

The one time we get the top pick we have to pick someone we could pick around 8. So no, I'm no more excited than for any other draft. I wanted to be, if we ever got the top pick. But this ain't it.

Imon Yourside 04-12-2013 09:49 AM

If we have a realistic shot at taking Geno, yes otherwise totally meh on a lineman.

ModSocks 04-12-2013 09:52 AM

Why should I be excited? Im suppose to be excited about my favorite team chasing its tail? Am i suppose to be excited about a team using the first overall draft pick to replace a player who doesn't need to be replaced?

Maybe my excitement will grow once rumors start breaking that we are NOT drafting a LT.

My gut tells me that's the case.....but until proven otherwise, imma sit here and bitch.

The Franchise 04-12-2013 09:55 AM

The good thing is that I'll watch the first pick (without having to wait) and depending on what they do.....will determine whether I watch the rest of our picks.

Hammock Parties 04-12-2013 09:58 AM

Alex Smith has completely sucked any excitement out of this season for me.

They are going to have to do something shocking like go 2-2 for me to get excited.

morphius 04-12-2013 10:21 AM

As long as most of the talk is OT, I just really don't care. I've seen us draft OT's in the first round enough, it makes me as excited as drafting an LSU DT/DE...

The only reason I might watch is if we haven't already announced who the first pick is going to be and we have a chance to trade back.

The Franchise 04-12-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9580296)
As long as most of the talk is OT, I just really don't care. I've seen us draft OT's in the first round enough, it makes me as excited as drafting an LSU DT/DE...

The only reason I might watch is if we haven't already announced who the first pick is going to be and we have a chance to trade back.

As soon as they announce a LT.....I'm turning off the TV.

Dayze 04-12-2013 10:28 AM

not excited at all.
Chiefs take a LT;
we don't have a 2nd thanks to getting a franchise QB in Smith.

3rd round on ...meh. guys won't see the field anyway most likely.

Chiefs.....lol

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 10:39 AM

Am I excited about Geno Victory Day? Of course!
Posted via Mobile Device

WhitiE 04-12-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9580308)
As soon as they announce a LT.....I'm turning off the TV.

This

DJ's left nut 04-12-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579440)
The best draft day miracle I'll ever witness is a safety at #5 overall. :(

Ouch.

This is as painful and accurate as anything written on this board.

Excited? Oh hell no. Apprehensive is probably the word. I'm just absolutely certain they're going to screw this up.