ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We are holding the Number One pick. Are you excited about the draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272021)

L.A. Chieffan 04-12-2013 10:43 AM

The draft isnt really as important as a lot of so called "geniuses" will proclaim. sure you can get some improtant pieces but its not going to make or break your team.

why do you think its pretty much the same teams picking at the top and picking at the bottom every year?

Dayze 04-12-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9580342)
The draft isnt really as important as a lot of so called "geniuses" will proclaim. sure you can get some improtant pieces but its not going to make or break your team.

why do you think its pretty much the same teams picking at the top and picking at the bottom every year?

yep.
which is why the Chiefs (who are rarely this high in the draft) need to take a player who will impact the game; playmaker.

taking a tackle when you can lock up Albert long term is reeruned. (assuming no trades etc)

it'll be awesome in 4 years when our awesome #1 overall pick is a stud and wants a long term deal.....

RealSNR 04-12-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9580342)

Even if you're trolling, it doesn't matter. John Dorsey vehemently disagrees with you. The Ron Wolf philosophy is perhaps more draftcentric than anything else out there.

I do hope you enjoyed this offseason of free agency, because it's likely this kind of shopping list won't be happening again for a long time.

Coogs 04-12-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manila-Chief (Post 9580176)
Retread guys seldom win it all.

Not sure on the coaching thing, but there are a few who won it on their 2nd team. As for QB's, there are 11 out of the 46 Super Bowls that were won by retread guys. So 1 out of about every 4.

I'm not sold on Alex, but we will see. He might get it done. :shrug:

Frankie 04-12-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9580362)
Not sure on the coaching thing, but there are a few who won it on their 2nd team. As for QB's, there are 11 out of the 46 Super Bowls that were won by retread guys. So 1 out of about every 4.

Good post. I'm not dejected about Alex Smith as some fans here. I just think we paid a little too much for him. That said I have a wait-and-see attitude about him with a dash of excitement added in due to Reid's resume with QBs.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 11:56 AM

The only thing Im dejected about is Reids man crush. He better take those ****ing blinders off. At least Dorsey is here to slap some sense in to him when the occaison calls for it. I hope.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 04-12-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manila-Chief (Post 9580176)
Yep!!!

And to think I wasted a lot of emotions pulling for losses after it became apparent we were going nowhere last fall. I think we would be better off if we were drafting a few slots back ...

I told you so...

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 12:04 PM

Wed still have Peeholi and Casshole.
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus 04-12-2013 12:13 PM

I feel like this is one of the worst years to have the #1 pick I've ever seen. Chiefs luck. Gotta love it.

Manila-Chief 04-12-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9580362)

You are correct re: QB's playing in the SB ... but, I think the percentage is very small if you take into considerations all the retreads on teams that do not get close to a SB. For Alex see below ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9580446)
Good post. I'm not dejected about Alex Smith as some fans here. I just think we paid a little too much for him. That said I have a wait-and-see attitude about him with a dash of excitement added in due to Reid's resume with QBs.

I have a small glimmer of hope for Alex ... his skill set just may fit into Andy's offense nicely and he could become Elite. But, as a Chiefs fan from their days in Texas ... I'm kinda jaded and this feels like the same ole same ole.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9580522)
I told you so...

Hard to do but gotta admit you were correct, sir. It's not like if I'd pulled for them they would have won any more games. The point ... I was pulling for hope of advancement and drafting a LT when we already have a good one doesn't bring advancement. But, see below for more on the losing ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9580523)
Wed still have Peeholi and Casshole.
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't think of this ... yes, pulling for them to lose at least got rid of a whole lot of problems or to put it another way ... it brought about positive change. I think Dorsey is the real deal and he has a chance to get the job done. Reid was the best rated coach out there. I'd love to have had a talented young coordinator as coach ... i.e. like the ones at Green Bay, S.F. (they've had at least a couple), Balti, New Orleans, Pitts, etc. ... but, not many assistant coaches succeed the first time out.

But, yeah, it probably took losing all those game for Clark to clean house.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 08:52 PM

I believe in Dorsey. Reid, not so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus 04-12-2013 08:58 PM

I think when draft day arrives, I'll get excited for a brief second and then realize there was nothing to be excited about. Like when you get an inch and you think it's on your balls but turns out, it was just on your inner thigh. :(

B14ckmon 04-12-2013 09:19 PM

Super EXCITED!

lcarus 04-12-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9582259)
Super EXCITED!

You're just super excited because you're balls deep in your Mark Brunell plushie right now, about to send him flying into the ceiling fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9582262)
You're just super excited because you're balls deep in your Mark Brunell plushie right now, about to send him flying into the ceiling fan.

lmao
Posted via Mobile Device