ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Worse contract for an unproven QB: Cassel vs. Osweiler (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303111)

DaFace 10-25-2016 08:31 AM

Worse contract for an unproven QB: Cassel vs. Osweiler

It strikes me that the Texans situation this year isn't completely unlike the Chiefs back in the dark ages. Both Cassel and Osweiler had performed well with their previous teams, but both of those teams were Super Bowl contenders regardless of the quarterback. Both of them got monster contracts that many questioned, and both of them (at least thus far for Osweiler)...well...sucked pretty hardcore.

If you try and take your own Chiefs bias out of it, which contract do you think was the most egregious error on the part of their new teams?

Halfcan 10-25-2016 08:35 AM

Cashole.

rico 10-25-2016 08:38 AM

I won't ever be able to convince myself that anything is worse than anything that is remotely Cassel-related.

Mile High Mania 10-25-2016 08:39 AM

Shouldn't you include the fact that KC also gave up a R2 pick for Cassel and Vrabel? And, I believe that pick turned into Patrick Chung. That is part of the cost, no?

DaFace 10-25-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12505574)
Shouldn't you include the fact that KC also gave up a R2 pick for Cassel and Vrabel? And, I believe that pick turned into Patrick Chung. That is part of the cost, no?

Eh, I dunno. Technically they traded for him separately from the contract extension. Plus, all of that won't on one line of the poll. :)

Rooster 10-25-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12505572)
I won't ever be able to convince myself that anything is worse than anything that is remotely Cassel-related.

Me neither. I still have too much hatred for the Pioli years to answer this objectively.

So I vote CassHole. :#

Rooster 10-25-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

No need to pour salt on the wound. :)

Have you ever wondered how things may have went if McDaniel could have gotten Cassel like he was trying to do before the whole Jay Cutler soap opera?

Oh how things could have been but because we are the Chiefs we got screwed again. :harumph:

Molitoth 10-25-2016 08:48 AM

Initially the Cassel contract wasn't bad at the time of it happening.
Everyone thought that Pioli and Cassel were going to make the Chiefs a winner.

The thing that made Cassel so terrible is that after everyone figured out what he actually was... Pioli wouldn't admit his mistake and supply Todd Haley with a real QB competition.

Hydrae 10-25-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

This fact puts Cassel over the top for me.

Coochie liquor 10-25-2016 08:55 AM

Mark Cassel

wazu 10-25-2016 10:01 AM

Cassel by a mile because it wasn't even necessary to have him play for KC. It was an extension given to a player who hadn't made one start for KC and was already under contract.

The Franchise 10-25-2016 10:07 AM

Cassel.

Not only did we give up the 2nd overall pick for him but trading for him severely limited what we were able to do in the draft that year with the 3rd overall pick.

ModSocks 10-25-2016 10:08 AM

I just wish he had stayed a Donkey...

ModSocks 10-25-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12505589)
Initially the Cassel contract wasn't bad at the time of it happening.
Everyone thought that Pioli and Cassel were going to make the Chiefs a winner.

Yah...idk about that one....there was a lot of controversy there with that move.

ModSocks 10-25-2016 10:10 AM

Also consider that while Cassel sucked ass, at least he sucked ass on bad teams. Assweiler is worse for the Texans because he's bringing down an actual good team...