ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So at least 3 more years of waiting? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264594)

RunKC 10-02-2012 11:34 PM

So at least 3 more years of waiting?

God I hate this. Tired of waiting for this god damned team to develop. It's gonna take at least 3 more years even if we do get a good QB (best case scenario).
Plus it's gonna be even longer for us to get our new GM's "players" right? 3 more years of setting up the new GM's style, brand on the team, culture, blah blah.

Man I'm tired of waiting on this team to do something in January. I really hope Clark picks the right ****ing guy this time around.

The first questions Clark should ask the new GM should be:

1. Will you draft a first round QB?
2. Are you subject to changes if need be or gambles to make the team better?
3. Do you hate the Patriots as much as we all do?

Bump 10-02-2012 11:36 PM

if we get Geno Smith, it will be within 3 years.

mcaj22 10-02-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8972323)
if we get Geno Smith, it will be within 3 years.

we will need a WR for him to throw to

and a ton of other talent to surround him with

aka three years

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8972326)

aka three years

A new GM will realize how important Bowe is and re-sign him.

If Geno is the real deal, there aren't many pieces to replace.

2014 we're in the post-season.

Bump 10-02-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8972326)

aka three years

unless Bowe wants out even if we do get Geno, which we prob won't lets face it. But damn it would be nice. We'd still have Baldwin, Dex, Breaston and could grab one in later rounds. and 2 solid but injury prone TE's. Running backs for days and an o-line that could be good next year.

#1 Bronco's Fan 10-03-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8972318)
God I hate this. Tired of waiting for this god damned team to develop. It's gonna take at least 3 more years even if we do get a good QB (best case scenario).
Plus it's gonna be even longer for us to get our new GM's "players" right? 3 more years of setting up the new GM's style, brand on the team, culture, blah blah.

Man I'm tired of waiting on this team to do something in January. I really hope Clark picks the right ****ing guy this time around.

Listen, if you get a great young QB the three year wait will be fun! Look at the Redskins. They will have a 3 year wait until they can win the division but they are going to have a blast until then.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 12:29 AM

The team has some talent. If we get the RIGHT rookie QB, we could be good. We could win a playoff game right away.

Other teams have done it. We could do it.

Chin up.

RunKC 10-03-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972394)
The team has some talent. If we get the RIGHT rookie QB, we could be good. We could win a playoff game right away.

Other teams have done it. We could do it.

Chin up.

I think a ton of it has to do with who the head coach is too. I think this team needs a guy to motivate these guys. Other than that we are close.

Hopefully we have a season like the Bengals did last year with their rookie QB.

I would love Geno Smith, but if we don't get a shot at him, I would dig Tyler Wilson or Aaron Murray. I like both of them too.

Hell if our team can push Cass-hole to 10 wins I'm sure they can do the same for a rookie QB.

Chris Meck 10-03-2012 12:51 AM

Listen, Cassel is SO inept that a rookie QB could absolutely play better. I think Cam Newton, RGIII, Luck, and Dalton all show that it can be done.

What I really don't want to do is start all over with totally new systems requiring different personnel and have to do that build over.

Meaning, I want to stick with a 3-4 (hopefully a one gap, zone blitzing Pittsburgh style?) and I want to re-sign Bowe, Albert, and Dorsey.

Let's not go back to a 4-3, negating a lot of the talent we have on hand, for example.

splatbass 10-03-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8972318)

New GM? When did he fire Pioli?

Aren't you jumping the gun a little?

RunKC 10-03-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8972422)

He better fire Pioli. He literally has no choice. I don't think the fans have ever been this livid with the Chiefs.

And who is Pioli gonna hire if he is forced to fire Romeo? Nobody wants to work with him and the only legit people who he could hire would be Josh McDaniels or Kirk Ferentz which nobody will support.

It's over for Pioli. Now it's time for him to face the music and watch as this team continues to blow up in his face.

007 10-03-2012 01:58 AM

Yep, Clark all but has to fire Pioli. There is no way in hell he is going to give Pioli a chance to pick a 3rd head coach in only 4 years and another QB.

but, then again, this is the life of a Chiefs fan.

BigMeatballDave 10-03-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8972422)

:facepalm:

NJChiefsFan 10-03-2012 02:08 AM

We were in the playoffs in our 2nd year with this regime. Replace Cassel with Geno Smith or another young QB with potential. Who knows how it ends up. Atleast there is a chance. Thats all I want. I want to go into the season believing there is a chance without knowing deep down I'm kidding myself. Having to watch the team fall apart to get better is destroying my soul as a sports fan.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8972438)
We were in the playoffs in our 2nd year with this regime.

Fool's gold, as the playoff game proved.