ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278417)

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170191)
So LE officers shouldn't pull anyone over or pursue them for fear they might make the suspect act irrationally?

Brilliant conclusion.

You're exactly the kind of cop that's giving cops a bad name. Nobody said the cops should never pursue a suspect. But when that pursuit becomes a serious danger to innocent people, you have to do a little critical thinking (I know that's hard for a cro-magnon brownshirt like you), Is catching a car thief worth putting the lives of a whole bunch of innocents in danger?

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170191)
So LE officers shouldn't pull anyone over or pursue them for fear they might make the suspect act irrationally?

Brilliant conclusion.

Case by case basis. In general, you would be correct.

In this instance, they knew everything they needed to know. He got into an argument with his dad and drove away. They knew exactly who the kid was, where he lived, its not like this kid was getting away with taking the truck.

But yeah, lets force the issue, endanger lives, and ultimately kill this kid because we want to handle it now, and not in a couple hours.

It was twice suggested to back off, by police personnel. You act as if backing off and picking him up later is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Yeah, lets just kill him.

LoneWolf 11-08-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170177)
Are you seriously that ****ing obtuse?

1. He didn't "STEAL" anything.

Stealing --to take the property of another or others without permission or right.

The kid was stealing unless his name is on the title of the truck or his dad said he had permission to take it. The kid was a ****ing moron, but I guess that's what happens when you're raised by a moron. The dad knew the kid was having a hard time and instead of letting the kid leave for awhile to clear his head he decides to call the cops. Nothing like a little grand theft auto or joyriding charge on your record to bring father and son together.

The police did their job and while it's a shame someone died, it could have been worse.

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170201)
It's "an" idiot, BTW.

Again, the prior behavior to the 'chase' was completely rational and I'm sure the suspect was exhibiting all the "patience" in the world.

Welcome to Chiefsplanet, noob.

I can tell youre going to be real popular here.

dj56dt58 11-08-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

It's "an" idiot, BTW.

Again, the prior behavior to the 'chase' was completely rational and I'm sure the suspect was exhibiting all the "patience" in the world.

:shake:

n00b

ChiefsHawk 11-08-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170194)
I would guess because he didn't want to go to jail over a technicality involving his father being too big of a bitch to handle this situation himself and saying the kid "stole" his truck.

Why don't we read the interview about why he ran?

Oh wait, dead people don't answer questions. Mah bad.

How do you know what the kid was thinking?

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170202)
You're exactly the kind of cop that's giving cops a bad name. Nobody said the cops should never pursue a suspect. But when that pursuit becomes a serious danger to innocent people, you have to do a little critical thinking (I know that's hard for a cro-magnon brownshirt like you), Is catching a car thief worth putting the lives of a whole bunch of innocents in danger?

Did you even watch the video or do you just like talking out your ass? Again, so LE officers should never "light em up" for fear they might piss someone off??

I'm not even sure why I am continuing this conversation with you. You clearly have no idea what "protect and serve" means.

I pray you're never in a crisis situation where you have to make a life or death decision.

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10170199)
Good....so blame the Dad for the death of his son then. Or how about you blame the dipshit kid who took something that wasn't his because he threw a temper tantrum about not getting cigarettes. As far as I'm concerned.....good ****ing riddance.

You think the kid deserved to die, and youre entitled to your opinion.

Hopefully you don't find yourself mourning the loss of a loved one because law enforcement decided it was easier to but a bullet in them than to just arrest them.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170233)

Hopefully you don't find yourself mourning the loss of a loved one because law enforcement decided it was easier to but a bullet in them than to just arrest them.

And it'd be completely different if the cops approached the truck and got run over and killed......right?

I'm assuming you didn't watch the ****ing dashcam video.

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk (Post 10170230)
How do you know what the kid was thinking?

Apparently in your dictionary, "guess" means "to know with absolute certainty."

Learn to read.

Rain Man 11-08-2013 02:51 PM

Another tobacco-related death. How sad.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170233)

This kid did NOT deserve to die, however the actions he CHOSE to take after the LE officer attempted to pull him over caused the end result.

Don't blame the officer for doing his job.

crossbow 11-08-2013 02:52 PM

Dad: "Hello? Police? I want my truck back. My kid took it."

Cops: "Got your truck. It has 6 bullet holes in it and we umm kinda sorta killed the driver. Did you know him?"
Long silent pause

"There is a towing fee that is required when you claim the vehicle."

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

It's "an" idiot, BTW.

First of all, "your and idiot" is CP lexicon.

Second of all, if you're going to correct someone's grammar, correct all of it. Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E means "you are." Y-O-U-R means your.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170231)
Did you even watch the video or do you just like talking out your ass? Again, so LE officers should never "light em up" for fear they might piss someone off??

I'm not even sure why I am continuing this conversation with you. You clearly have no idea what "protect and serve" means.

I pray you're never in a crisis situation where you have to make a life or death decision.

Can you read?

I didn't say a cop should never "light em up." Most people will pull over when you do. If they run, you can chase them. If it gets out of hand, and it becomes a serious danger to innocent bystanders, you need to rethink what's important.

I pray I never have to call a cop. They might send you.

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10170236)
And it'd be completely different if the cops approached the truck and got run over and killed......right?

I'm assuming you didn't watch the ****ing dashcam video.

Yeah, I watched it, and I watched them spin him out, and he was revving the engine, but stuck, according to the report.

So this kid, revving the engine of a stuck truck, the only way to resolve this situation is to fill the cab with gunfire.

That's hilarious.

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170254)
Can you read?

I didn't say a cop should never "light em up." Most people will pull over when you do. If they run, you can chase them. If it gets out of hand, and it becomes a serious danger to innocent bystanders, you need to rethink what's important.

I pray I never have to call a cop. They might send you.

You'll hear him comin' from a mile away. His siren goes like this: "HEEEERPDERPDERPDERPHEEEEEERRRRRRRRRP"

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10170253)
First of all, "your and idiot" is CP lexicon.

Second of all, if you're going to correct someone's grammar, correct all of it. Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E means "you are." Y-O-U-R means your.

Sorry, I was trying to have an honest discussion, not a grammar debate.

Just pointing out the irony in someone calling someone else an idiot while not using correct English.

Sorry, if I offended you.

crossbow 11-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170255)
Yeah, I watched it, and I watched them spin him out, and he was revving the engine, but stuck, according to the report.

So this kid, revving the engine of a stuck truck, the only way to resolve this situation is to fill the cab with gunfire.

That's hilarious.

Hope MDOT doesn't see this as a viable solution to stalled vehicles on I-470

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170259)

Just pointing out the irony in someone calling someone else an idiot while not using correct English.

No offense taken. I was simply pointing out the irony of calling someone else out for not using proper grammar, but not catching all the errors.

LoneWolf 11-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Your and idiot.

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10170258)
You'll hear him comin' from a mile away. His siren goes like this: "HEEEERPDERPDERPDERPHEEEEEERRRRRRRRRP"

ROFL

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 03:01 PM

Hey, if some of you can't appreciate the job LE does on a daily basis and don't understand the risks they take every time they go out on patrol, that's fine. Everyone has their own bias and agenda, I guess.

But I'm also guessing most of you will be calling them for assistance when the shit does hit the fan.

I pray they don't hesitate to act when your life or that of your family's is hanging in the balance.

ChiTown 11-08-2013 03:05 PM

If you are still wailing over this, even after watching the video, then you are purposefully being a miserable dumbass. The car chase and shooting were justifiable.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170269)
Hey, if some of you can't appreciate the job LE does on a daily basis and don't understand the risks they take every time they go out on patrol, that's fine. Everyone had their own bias and agenda, I guess.

But I'm also guessing most of you will be calling them for assistance when the shit does hit the fan.

I pray they don't hesitate to act when your life or that of your family's is hanging in the balance.

I appreciate Law Enforcement Officers who make rational decisions that are in the interest of the people he or she has sworn to protect. I hate asshole cops who want to show the world how big of a badass they are, endangering citizens and trampling their rights.

We pay your salary. Don't get cocky.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170282)
I appreciate Law Enforcement Officers who make rational decisions that are in the interest of the people he or she has sworn to protect. I hate asshole cops who want to show the world how big of a badass they are, endangering citizens and trampling their rights.

So that's what the officers were trying to do here? Be Billy BadAss??

Well, I guess if that's what you think.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170291)
So that's what the officers were trying to do here? Be Billy BadAss??

Well, I guess if that's what you think.

Actually the officers in the video really didn't do that bad. Probably should have just left it after he saw him run that red light though. The whole thing was over pretty quickly, but it did endanger people. I'd be willing to cut these cops a little more slack if they hadn't known the situation before hand, and known where they could find the guy later. But it certainly wasn't the worst car chase I've seen through a populated area.

I've said all along that the kid definitely deserved his fate. I just think they could have done better in avoiding endangering innocents by picking this guy up at home later.

I don't think these particular cops are the billy badass types, I think they just needed to weigh the danger to civilians a little higher than catching the car thief.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170327)

I've said all along that the kid definitely deserved his fate. I just think they could have done better in avoiding endangering innocents by picking this guy up at home .

I don't think the kid 'deserved' that fate, but unfortunately, he chose it.

And that is the very sad and unfortunate thing about this situation.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the other stuff.

Predarat 11-08-2013 03:46 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uHyTbMFPqG...NEW-GANGS1.jpg

mike_b_284 11-08-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

It's "an" idiot, BTW.

LMAO

mike_b_284 11-08-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170357)
I don't think the kid 'deserved' that fate, but unfortunately, he chose it.

And that is the very sad and unfortunate thing about this situation.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the other stuff.

I agree with that, it wasn't so much he deserved it, but he sure kept asking for it.

It was pure luck that he didn't kill an innocent going through that red light at that speed in that traffic. By continuing to chase him, they risked him doing that possibly several more times. And I don't think that was worth the risk. Fortunately it worked out in this case, but it could have gone a lot worse.

ChiTown 11-08-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10170367)

:deevee:

Hoover 11-08-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10169211)
Obviously there is more to the standoff

No not really.

Watch the video from the cop car.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...z/-/index.html

crazycoffey 11-08-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170282)

Can I have a raise?

crazycoffey 11-08-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10170003)
Honest question: do you get to refuse a call if you want to?

When the caller is confused to the "crime". In the instance I was referring (based on some similar calls in the past) it was a civil and family matter. Criminally speaking; the kid could claim a right to the property because he used it on a regular basis so it's not a "crime" that I enforce. Once a court has ruled a family or civil issue, it becomes criminal and I can enforce the judges rulings.

I would tell dad to parent up, go to family court, file restraining order, change the locks, take back keys, sack up, etc. long before I took a stolen vehicle report. But the situation I was referring to may or may not match up to the OP

ROYC75 11-08-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 10169427)
Sounds like the kid was headed for lung cancer anyway. Just moved the process along that much quicker.

ObamaCare at work, eliminate the waste ( death panel )?

Eleazar 11-09-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10170275)
If you are still wailing over this, even after watching the video, then you are purposefully being a miserable dumbass. The car chase and shooting were justifiable.

Big Daddy is on the cops' side, that's all we need to know about the story :)

mdchiefsfan 11-09-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170120)
So if an A.P. shot someone in a residential neighborhood and then took off on the run, you'd prefer LE not pursue him because they might 'stoke' him up a little bit, making him more likely to shoot additional people???

Sounds like a good idea. :rolleyes:

Wow that was far off base.

I don't see what is so hard to comprehend here. Tablet is saying that there is a likely chance that if someone who is being chased by the cops "gets away" they will slow down, ditch the car, and get somewhere out of the public. The sight of a cop car in their rear view is obviously escalating the situation.

There is a reason that is protocol for some departments.

In this case, however, one the cop was hit he was unable to disengage and the maniac needed to be stopped.

WhiteWhale 11-09-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 10169427)
Sounds like the kid was headed for lung cancer anyway. Just moved the process along that much quicker.

Hilarious.

The way this is phrased sounds like you don't understand that everyone, eventually, dies.

mcan 11-09-2013 11:12 AM

Look, we need better training for cops. That's the final answer. If somebody is just trying to get away, they shouldn't have to pay with their lives unless they are putting people in DIRECT danger. The fact that he was putting people in danger 30 seconds ago doesn't mean dick. There is no immediate need to fire your weapon. I understand having it drawn. I understand you gotta protect yourself from a criminal who is putting his own and others' lives at risk with his reckless behavior. But there was zero NEED (I want you guys to look at that word again... NEED) to fire his weapon. Weapons should only be fired when they NEED to be. And if you think this weapon NEEDED to be fired, then you are not seeing beyond your principle to stand up for cops no matter the circumstances.

I don't think this cop is a bad guy, or needs to lose his job or anything. He was put in a tough spot, saw a problem that looked to him like a nail, and decided to use his hammer. But cops need to able to recognize problems that AREN'T nails. Or, perhaps in this case, was a former nail that had turned into something way less serious by the time the gun was drawn.

Strongside 11-09-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 10171712)
Look, we need better training for cops. That's the final answer. If somebody is just trying to get away, they shouldn't have to pay with their lives unless they are putting people in DIRECT danger. The fact that he was putting people in danger 30 seconds ago doesn't mean dick. There is no immediate need to fire your weapon. I understand having it drawn. I understand you gotta protect yourself from a criminal who is putting his own and others' lives at risk with his reckless behavior. But there was zero NEED (I want you guys to look at that word again... NEED) to fire his weapon. Weapons should only be fired when they NEED to be. And if you think this weapon NEEDED to be fired, then you are not seeing beyond your principle to stand up for cops no matter the circumstances.

I don't think this cop is a bad guy, or needs to lose his job or anything. He was put in a tough spot, saw a problem that looked to him like a nail, and decided to use his hammer. But cops need to able to recognize problems that AREN'T nails. Or, perhaps in this case, was a former nail that had turned into something way less serious by the time the gun was drawn.

Some people just want to fire their weapon. Those people should not be cops.

mcan 11-09-2013 11:30 AM

This should also be a lesson to the rest of us that the days of using the police to help calm domestic situations down are over. Calling the cops is now just asking for the situation to escalate.

It used to be that if you and husband got into too many drunk saturday night fights, you could teach your loser husband a lesson by calling the cops. Have him sit a night in jail without his shoelaces and come home all glassy eyed and apologetic and that'd be the end of it. Or if you wanted to scare your druggie kid straight, you could have some cool neighbor cops show up and cuff him... Maybe even put him in the back of a squad car for a bit until he promises he'll clean up. Then the cops fill out some paperwork and go away and that's the end of it.

Now, really all you're doing is asking for HUNDREDS of dollars of outrageous court fees and principled judges looking for convictions. Zero tolerance policies that put your "stoner" kid into jail or juvie for months. Soccer moms being hog tied and questioned for hours because some twat didn't like her little kids putting rocks in her mailbox... Cops that kick open your front door with weapons drawn because they heard it was a dangerous situation when really all it is is a drunk housewife with some scissors cutting up pictures of her new husbands ex girlfriends... Well, enjoy paying for your new door, $1000 bail money, and $600 in court costs because the people you called to "help" are about to make this situation way worse. Oh, also... If you panic and do something stupid, you're odds of being dead by the end of the night just went from 1 in a couple million to 1 in a couple thousand.

The fact is, cops used to be awesome citizens with a feeling of community who wanted to serve and protect. Now, police forces are so militarized that calling them at all is like calling out the national guard, and because once in a great while, a cop is actually in a dangerous situation, they treat too many (most?) calls like they're responding to a terrorist threat instead of coming to help keep the peace.

philfree 11-09-2013 11:31 AM

One shouldn't call the police on their own family unless it's absolutely necessary. There's not much good that can come from it and lot's of bad that can.

mcan 11-09-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10171759)
One shouldn't call the police on their own family unless it's absolutely necessary. There's not much good that can come from it and lot's of bad that can.

That took me about four paragraphs to say... And not as well. REP!

mcan 11-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10171725)
Some people just want to fire their weapon. Those people should not be cops.

agreed. whole heartedly. I think part of the problem might be that even the people who become cops aren't aware if they are or are not one of those people until the weapon is drawn and they unload a clip on an unarmed kid sitting in a stopped truck.