ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Change Gonna Come (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264872)

Sorter 10-09-2012 12:06 PM

Realistically, if this team were to split its division games and beat Cleveland, Colts, and Tampa, we'd be at 7-9. This really could happen if Quinn is even remotely close to Orton's performance last year.

And it scares me to death. We'll know after this week but if Quinn wins this game on the road, we can probably start waving goodbye to our Geno Smith dreams.

**** me.

htismaqe 10-09-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8995750)
Mellinger said there will probably be a press conference during the bye week.

So...maybe Clark will speak?

Why wait until the bye week?

Unless they're making changes in the staff.

PhillyChiefFan 10-09-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8995739)
When and where?

He is Brodie Croyle, Cleveland Edition.

Got to agree, if he hasn't earned a starting spot in Cleveland, Denver, or KC, I'm pretty sure the choice for Miami to skip over him in 2007 was justified.

Reerun_KC 10-09-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8995754)
Are there any two less credible people than fescoe and maas?

Didn't fescoe just make up a report out of thin air about Quinn getting half the first team reps?

He just thinks its going to happen and is trying to land a guess so he can say he knew before anyone

Yes there is...

Pioli and Crennel...

qabbaan 10-09-2012 12:08 PM

Pioli's ouster won't come down as a scheduled press conference two weeks ahead of time.

It will leak from the Chiefs' FO, with a press conference to follow and very little advance warning.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8995758)
This really could happen if Quinn is even remotely close to Orton's performance last year.

So if a really bad quarterback plays like an average QB we'll go 7-9?

LMAO

I think we'll win one division game, max.

SD and Denver will sweep us.

Frazod 10-09-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8995739)
When and where?

He is Brodie Croyle, Cleveland Edition.

Does he fracture his labia every time he steps onto the field? Then he's not Brokie.

And he outperformed pretty much everything Casshole has done this season in a single drive. Only a stupid penalty on the midget (which didn't look like it would have impacted the outcome of the play) prevented a game-winning touchdown.

It's not like I'm a huge Quinn fan. No, I don't think he's the answer at QB. I just think he'll be better than Casshole, and if he plays out the season we'll win games Casshole would have lost. For better or worse.

BTW, do you think you do up a better red circle/slash for my Winston avatar? The paint thing looks amateurish.

Rasputin 10-09-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8995758)
Realistically, if this team were to split its division games and beat Cleveland, Colts, and Tampa, we'd be at 7-9. This really could happen if Quinn is even remotely close to Orton's performance last year.

And it scares me to death. We'll know after this week but if Quinn wins this game on the road, we can probably start waving goodbye to our Geno Smith dreams.

**** me.

That is my fear. No matter how Quinn does my heart wants Geno Smith. He can give us hope again. If we got a retread QB I don't want him being QBotf.

Old Dog 10-09-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8995690)
Maybe.

The Chiefs play the Browns this season, so it may be their only win and thus, the tie-breaker when it comes to the draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8995695)
Then the Chiefs would draft first, by virtue of Cleveland's win.

Wrong. Head to head is not a NFL draft tiebreaker.

Reerun_KC 10-09-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8995768)
Does he fracture his labia every time he steps onto the field? Then he's not Brokie.

And he outperformed pretty much everything Casshole has done this season in a single drive. Only a stupid penalty on the midget (which didn't look like it would have impacted the outcome of the play) prevented a game-winning touchdown.

It's not like I'm a huge Quinn fan. No, I don't think he's the answer at QB. I just think he'll be better than Casshole, and if he plays out the season we'll win games Casshole would have lost. For better or worse.

Cassel gives us the best chance to get rid of Crennel and Pioli.

Any support for Quinn is direct support for Pioli and Crennel.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8995768)

His career stat line is almost identical to Brodie Croyle's.

Everything we know about him, including what he did in preseason, says he sucks worse than Cassel.

He hit a pass on Sunday that Cassel has hit numerous times. That was the only good play he made.

He really has done nothing in the NFL. He's this year's Tyler Palko. People only say good things about him because he's not Cassel.

Frazod 10-09-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8995779)
Cassel gives us the best chance to get rid of Crennel and Pioli.

Any support for Quinn is direct support for Pioli and Crennel.

Do I control who these ****s put on the field? No.

Sorter 10-09-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8995767)
So if a really bad quarterback plays like an average QB we'll go 7-9?

LMAO

I think we'll win one division game, max.

SD and Denver will sweep us.

Doubt it. Division games are almost always close. We split all our div games last year, split all but Oakland in 2010, and split with everyone except SD in 2009.

Reerun_KC 10-09-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8995782)
Do I control who these ****s put on the field? No.

Well you should, MUron...

Frazod 10-09-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8995787)
Well you should, MUron...

Works for me. There's no way I could do worse job than the last two.