ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Alfonso Cuarón's "Gravity" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272922)

KevB 02-07-2014 03:06 PM

I took the day off from work and finally went to see this movie. I went to the IMAX 3D version, and I thought it was outstanding. I already knew a little bit of what was to happen (thanks, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler), but still enjoyed the heck out of it. Very intense, amazing visual and auditory experience.

If anyone still hasn't seen this movie, I recommend getting to an IMAX 3D version asap before it goes away.

Anyong Bluth 02-07-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10419393)
I took the day off from work and finally went to see this movie. I went to the IMAX 3D version, and I thought it was outstanding. I already knew a little bit of what was to happen (thanks, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler), but still enjoyed the heck out of it. Very intense, amazing visual and auditory experience.

If anyone still hasn't seen this movie, I recommend getting to an IMAX 3D version asap before it goes away.

Agreed, so much about this movie being great is the fact that it's truly made for a full theater presentation. A lot will be lost though still very good if simply viewed at home.

Sure-Oz 02-08-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10419429)
Agreed, so much about this movie being great is the fact that it's truly made for a full theater presentation. A lot will be lost though still very good if simply viewed at home.

Agreed....one of the few movies that you MUST see in theaters. This and Avatar are the most recent i recall that you had to see in theaters.

Miles 02-08-2014 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10420201)
Agreed....one of the few movies that you MUST see in theaters. This and Avatar are the most recent i recall that you had to see in theaters.

Another agreed. Even with a great home theater setup, I think I think a lot will be lost by not seeing this in the theater.

Anyong Bluth 02-08-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10420201)

I don't even bother with Avatar. Watched it maybe 1 time after its release on Blu Ray. Awesome cinema experience- meh at best otherwise.

Miles 02-08-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10420276)
I don't even bother with Avatar. Watched it maybe 1 time after its release on Blu Ray. Awesome cinema experience- meh at best otherwise.

I haven't watched it on Blu Ray figuring it would not hold up at all. There are some movies with impressive visuals that just don't hold up out of the theater.

Also I have noticed another thing over time that movies generally seem better in the theater even though I rarely see them that way. I think it's mostly due to being in an environment where the only thing you can do is pay attention to the movie and mostly cutoff from everything else. At home you can pause such as a random thought pops in your head and grab whatever for the internet.

Anyong Bluth 02-08-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10420655)
I haven't watched it on Blu Ray figuring it would not hold up at all. There are some movies with impressive visuals that just don't hold up out of the theater.

Also I have noticed another thing over time that movies generally seem better in the theater even though I rarely see them that way. I think it's mostly due to being in an environment where the only thing you can do is pay attention to the movie and mostly cutoff from everything else. At home you can pause such as a random thought pops in your head and grab whatever for the internet.

Definitely doesn't hold up. I took my parents to see it in the theaters after I'd already seen it in Imax 3D and honestly after about a half hour I wished I could have walked out... and I genuinely really liked it when I saw it the 1st time. Plot is really weak, and it could use some serious editing.

But, to be fair I know I'll see the sequel in theater without question.