ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Attn: Sunday Ticket subscribers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98441)

Skip Towne 09-13-2004 08:37 AM

Attn: Sunday Ticket subscribers

If you want LOTS of info on the recent blackout changes go to DBSTalk.com. There are at least two threads there discussing it. It is WAY too lengthy to cut and paste. It is in the Direct TV General discussion forum.

Skip Towne 09-13-2004 12:53 PM

There were a lot of questions yesterday. I thought I'd run this by again.

TRR 09-13-2004 12:58 PM

What did they say about it in a nutshell? I noticed yesterday that the Vikes game was blacked out, although it was on my local cable anyways. If they ever black out a Chiefs game, there will be hell to pay.

Pezman 09-13-2004 02:18 PM

Linkified...

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=32700

This sucks even worse here in LaLa land since their is no local game and the affiliates here show more games...

Rausch 09-13-2004 02:26 PM

DTV knew going in this would happen and made no effort to change their price or pass on this info to the customer.

My ST is already paid, but after this year you'll see me steal cable before paying DTV for ST....

JimNasium 09-13-2004 02:28 PM

Hey Skip, if I have to get a second dish for local channels, is there a way to get you involved or would it even be worth your while?

The Rick 09-13-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
What did they say about it in a nutshell? I noticed yesterday that the Vikes game was blacked out, although it was on my local cable anyways. If they ever black out a Chiefs game, there will be hell to pay.

If I remember correctly, they did this last year too. They will "black out" the game on the Sunday Ticket channels (700s) if it is being shown locally in your area.

If you get local channels from DirecTV, there should be no problem...you just watch the game on your local channel.

Am I missing something other than the fact that it sucks for people who don't get local channels from DirecTV?

JimNasium 09-13-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick
If I remember correctly, they did this last year too. They will "black out" the game on the Sunday Ticket channels (700s) if it is being shown locally in your area.

If you get local channels from DirecTV, there should be no problem...you just watch the game on your local channel.

Am I missing something other than the fact that it sucks for people who don't get local channels from DirecTV?

It sucks for those of us that don't get local channels.

JimNasium 09-13-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
They did. Hence my confusion at the shock and outrage this year.

They didn't in my broadcast area. There were possibly some regional variances.

Rausch 09-13-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

They didn't. They expanded the black out areas as well.

I had every game, every sunday last year. No blackouts.

cdcox 09-13-2004 02:42 PM

They did not blackout games in my broadcast area either.

Local channels are supposedly available from DTV, but I can't pick up the sattelite that runs these because of some stupid trees. So if I want to watch a game shown locally, I have to use the broadcast TV, which is fuzzy at best.

Skip Towne 09-13-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
Hey Skip, if I have to get a second dish for local channels, is there a way to get you involved or would it even be worth your while?

I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know. You might want to go to the linked thread. There is another thread on there pertaining to Directv 5 satellite. It has Springfield listed as due for locals on the 28th of this month I believe it was.

morphius 09-13-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
They did not blackout games in my broadcast area either.

Local channels are supposedly available from DTV, but I can't pick up the sattelite that runs these because of some stupid trees. So if I want to watch a game shown locally, I have to use the broadcast TV, which is fuzzy at best.

All which shows how DirectTV is trying to catch up to cable. Cable has been showing local channels for years. :D (watching Skip's head explode)

Skip Towne 09-13-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
DTV knew going in this would happen and made no effort to change their price or pass on this info to the customer.

My ST is already paid, but after this year you'll see me steal cable before paying DTV for ST....

You might want to PM Greg Herzig. He called DTV and they offered to refund his money and gave him a week to decide.

Skip Towne 09-13-2004 02:55 PM

Quote:

They only did it in a couple of test markets last year.