ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Gretz Premium work.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248486)

DTLB58 08-14-2011 11:41 PM

Gretz Premium work....

Gretz Posted on his site that as of Sept 1st he is taking it premium (pay) for the second year.

$25 for early sign up, $35 after Sept 1st. Did anybody pay to follow Bob's writing last season? Was it worth it? Did he have good info during the season that would be insightful for someone that follows the Chiefs closely and daily?

I'm tempted as I normally read his site but with so much free stuff out there, it kinda ticks me off that he charges once the seasons starts.

Otter 08-14-2011 11:42 PM

Dude, this is the age of the internet. Gretz isn't gonna give you shit that you're not going to find out 15 minutes later and if you want opinions there's plenty here.

I'd pass.

Hammock Parties 08-14-2011 11:42 PM

Gretz is not an entertaining opinion columnist and he does not have more access than anyone else.

Don't waste your money.

007 08-14-2011 11:53 PM

would people actually pay for his drivel? I don't read his shit for free. And thats saying something.

meth lab operator 08-15-2011 12:02 AM

there's already suckers who pay top dollar for war paintROFL

suzzer99 08-15-2011 02:01 AM

That really boggles the mind. I paid for insider for one month when I first found the site and immediately realized CI was just throwing shit against the wall, with obviously zero inside knowledge.

He came over to the Royals forum on scout.com and was claiming the Royals were going to trade for Arod. They all made fun of him and he left, but it was really really weird. That site is so shitty though you can't go back more than a year on old posts. Really make's CI's job easier.

TRR 08-15-2011 07:33 AM

I signed up last year as I enjoy his training camp reports. He never misses a practice, and has some good insight to share. During the season however, there was really nothing of value.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike 08-15-2011 07:35 AM

He's the best Chiefs reporter. Not saying much since Joe Po and Fatlock are gone now.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 7825918)
He's the best Chiefs reporter. Not saying much since Joe Po and Fatlock are gone now.

I'd rather read anything by Babb.

JD10367 08-15-2011 07:58 AM

From what you all say, he sucks and isn't worth reading for free.

And in the age of the Interwebz, I don't see how anyone pays for anyone's "inside info". Fer crissake, I don't even have Twitter, never saw Twitter, and wouldn't know Twitter if it bit me in the ass, and even I know that almost everyone related to the NFL uses Twitter (both reporters and athletes) and if you just sign up for a bunch of Chiefs-related feeds you'll know shit ten seconds after it happens.

CoMoChief 08-15-2011 08:14 AM

lol at anyone willing to pay for that garbage

13and3 08-15-2011 08:15 AM

I signed up last year, and aside from excellent preseason reporting, there was nothing to exclusive about what he had to report. If you like a somewhat negative take on chiefs news disguised as honest and subjective reporting then maybe it is the site for you. As for me I get enough chiefs pessimism from the site.

SuperChief 08-15-2011 08:26 AM

Gretz' premium work. Oxymoron, anyone?

Phobia 08-15-2011 08:32 AM

I'm not a fan of the guy but if you're a diehard Chiefs fan and have the disposable income then ante up. I don't think anybody will make a living using that model though.

Deberg_1990 08-15-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7825982)
I'm not a fan of the guy but if you're a diehard Chiefs fan and have the disposable income then ante up. I don't think anybody will make a living using that model though.

Im saving my money for Phobia's "Premium" content.