ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Transformers The Last Knight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301296)

Al Bundy 08-06-2016 08:07 AM

Transformers The Last Knight

The latest Transformers movie is scheduled to be released in June of 2017. I know these movies have received a lot of hate, and I don't understand it all. There are a couple of really good message boards to get shooting and character updates. I will post those links in this thread.
Live Action Movie Forum
Another Live Action Movie Forum
The first one is the better one of the 2, but they are both good.

sd4chiefs 08-06-2016 08:21 AM

Please make it stop. :banghead:

kccrow 08-06-2016 08:47 AM

I'm sure my 5 and 7 year old boys will be thrilled. Can't say I'd be following message boards on it as a grown ass man though. Da ****?

CoMoChief 08-06-2016 09:06 AM

I think the movies are entertaining special effects cgi etc. The Dark of the Moon one was a ****in awful movie though. I will say that.

But it's a popcorn flick based off of a children's cartoon series. Wtf do you expect? You're not getting any oscar type worthy performances in these movies. You're going to get big hollywood names who look good in front of camera while the the robots and cgi do most of the work.

Always laugh when people complain about these comic book movies or children's based movies. Go watch some adult movies if it upsets you that much lol.

Another thing is people wouldn't bitch so much but it's $10+ now to go see a movie. $13-15 (or more depending where you're at) if you want to see a movie in IMAX or 3D. So I guess part of it is just people aren't getting their bang for their buck, esp now that Hollywood just copies and reboots everything instead of coming out w/ new original material. Taking a family of 4 to the movies to see the next Marvel movie in 3D, assuming you get popcorn drinks and candy etc + tickets can cost around $80 (or more). That's ridiculous so it's easy to see why people feel like they're getting ripped off.

Sfeihc 08-06-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12354385)
I'm sure my 5 and 7 year old boys will be thrilled. Can't say I'd be following message boards on it as a grown ass man though. Da ****?

Yet, here you are. LOL! They are filming parts of it in and around Metro Detroit. They did the same for the last one as well.

ThaVirus 08-06-2016 10:01 AM

I've liked them all. Will watch.

Deberg_1990 08-06-2016 11:59 AM

Shia LeBouf career reboot?

Gonzo 08-06-2016 12:00 PM

I liked a few of them but they seem to be the same movie over and over again.

Quirky lead guy finds old vehicle.
Discovers it's xyz transformer.
Optimus, Megatron etc.
half of city is ruined.
Roll Out
Scene

Jamie 08-06-2016 02:45 PM

They're not good enough to appeal to me just as movies, and they're not similar enough to what I grew up with to appeal to me as nostalgia.

Nickhead 04-06-2017 03:49 PM

i want to know this: in the most recent trailers they show the moon getting blowed up. do they not realize the earthly impact of having no moon or thousands of little moons. not to mention the amount of debris that will hit earth?

#savethetides :D

its not star wars, but it will do

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3VxWcqo2sqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin 04-07-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12354614)

Optimus, Megatron etc.
half of city is ruined.
Roll Out
Scene

Yeah I think if you've seen one you've seen them all because I can't tell the difference.

KCFalcon59 04-07-2017 04:52 PM

They look great in 4K. Great visuals.

Beef Supreme 04-08-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Optimus, Megatron etc.
half of city is ruined.
Roll Out
Scene

****ing spoiler tag that shit!

ThaVirus 04-08-2017 02:52 PM

Transformers The Last Knight

I actually enjoy these movies and that assessment is spot on.

I had read somewhere that they have 14 more of these movies planned out. I probably fell victim to some type of satirical article but honestly would anyone be shocked if that were true?

tk13 04-09-2017 02:28 AM

Quote:

You'll enjoy this video. A group of guys watch the first three movies simultaneously.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Rfup0XKx7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>