ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ho-hum... there went the season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105779)

Mile High Mania 12-05-2004 07:54 PM

Ho-hum... there went the season

I am sure you all rejoiced... but, overall they played like hell. Plummer played poorly, but 2 of those picks weren't his fault. Sadly, the potential game winning drive that ended in a pick ... that was a bad throw.

Too much was given up by the D-line and the offense was uninspired for the most part. Not a whole lot to bitch about as I never thought they were a "superbowl contending" team, but I was hoping for a division title or a playoff win at the very least. Technically, there is still hope, but the last 2 weeks were huge.

We'll see how it goes from here... not all that happy right now. The only saving grace is that both of my fantasy teams advanced to their playoffs, so there's something to be happy about.

teedubya 12-05-2004 07:55 PM

welcome to our world, donko bitch.

Mile High Mania 12-05-2004 07:56 PM

Your world still smells a lot worse... bastage.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-05-2004 07:58 PM

We know how you feel, MHM. Except we felt it first, like 4 weeks ago. You guys still have a shot, but it's not likely unless SD stumbles big.

Mile High Mania 12-05-2004 08:02 PM

After the last 2 weeks, I'm not even all that interested in seeing them advance, it has 1 and done written on it. Of course, I'd still love to see them go...

DEN got zero help, aside from 1 play, from the TEs. They had two balls that should have been caught that wound up being picked up. Big thumbs up to our 300 lb TE - nice way to let the ball bounce off ya there.

The DLine just gave up way too much today at the wrong time. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Hammock Parties 12-05-2004 08:03 PM

You ain't gettin' the keys.

morphius 12-05-2004 08:06 PM

You still have a decent chance of making the playoff's. The one spot is between Denver, Balt and Jax, with Buf and Cinci needed int win out to get a spot. AFC West is most likely out of reach, but I wouldn't give up on the playoffs yet. I have said it all along though, Denver looked like a one and done playoff team at best, with no real chance of making the AFC Chamionship game.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-05-2004 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
After the last 2 weeks, I'm not even all that interested in seeing them advance, it has 1 and done written on it. Of course, I'd still love to see them go...

DEN got zero help, aside from 1 play, from the TEs. They had two balls that should have been caught that wound up being picked up. Big thumbs up to our 300 lb TE - nice way to let the ball bounce off ya there.

The DLine just gave up way too much today at the wrong time. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Best of luck, MHM.

teedubya 12-05-2004 08:08 PM

well donko bitches... heh... our SB is keepin yo asses out of the playoffs. oh yeah.

Rausch 12-05-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Your world still smells a lot worse... bastage.

That's because the McRibb is back. Oh, happy day...

http://www.amherst.edu/~mrgads/pix/shining.jpg

Logical 12-05-2004 08:18 PM

Believe it or not MHM because I cannot stand the San Diego bandwagon fans I wanted your Broncos to win today. Sorry it did not happen, but 4 interceptions, man that is a killer.

crossbow 12-05-2004 08:33 PM

Cheer up there are plenty of teams left that your o-line hasn't chop blocked yet. If they work at it they could ruin a couple more careers by season's end.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2004 08:56 PM

You guys still have a shot. Two of those picks were on the WR's for sure. SD didn't play well except tomlinson and the TO's they got.

Mile High Mania 12-05-2004 09:02 PM

This is all very true... aside from the DEN smack... :)

Games like last week and today are just too damn taxing on the soul. We'll see how it shakes out.

chiefs4me 12-05-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

I am sure you all rejoiced... but, overall they played like hell. Plummer played poorly, but 2 of those picks weren't his fault. Sadly, the potential game winning drive that ended in a pick ... that was a bad throw.

Too much was given up by the D-line and the offense was uninspired for the most part. Not a whole lot to bitch about as I never thought they were a "superbowl contending" team, but I was hoping for a division title or a playoff win at the very least. Technically, there is still hope, but the last 2 weeks were huge.

We'll see how it goes from here... not all that happy right now. The only saving grace is that both of my fantasy teams advanced to their playoffs, so there's something to be happy about.

Kind of slippery on that mountain,,,isn't it? PBJ