ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Android Incredible! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228740)

El Jefe 05-27-2010 07:28 AM

Android Incredible!

I didn't want to put this in the media center, because I wanted as many people to see this as possible. Was curious if anyone has a Droid Incredible? I just got mine, ordered it on the 12th and it finally came in. I am very pleased with it, it is quite a machine. Wanted to know if anyone had any really good apps they would recommend. I had pandora, zedge, google maps, google earth and a couple others. What do you guys/girls have on yours?

Bane 05-27-2010 07:32 AM

No but what I have seen on the Droids make me think that they are some awesome devices.

R8RFAN 05-27-2010 07:35 AM

I have a Droid....

Weatherbug Elite seems to me to be the best weather app I have found

R8RFAN 05-27-2010 07:36 AM

handcent sms is good

El Jefe 05-27-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6783508)
No but what I have seen on the Droids make me think that they are some awesome devices.

Honestly I am not huge into new technology, I just kind of get things after people I know have them so they can teach me how to use them. This thing is pretty freaking sweet, very useful.

Otter 05-27-2010 07:49 AM

You people have way more confidence in yourself than I have in myself not to leave your cellphone sitting on the bar, in the back of taxi, or on a plane. If there was a $20 cell phone available with nothing but voice and text messages that I could call and destroy all the data remotely I'd be all over it.

There should be an app for that.

When I have to carry our departments on blackberry for on call which is a password away from some pretty sensitive data and the ability to bring down an infrastructure it never leaves my house because of my history of losing cell phones.

Good luck though, they sound fun.

wildcat09 05-27-2010 07:55 AM

my brother has a Droid. He has an awesome fart machine app. Comes in handy more often than I thought. Then again, we have the mentality of 12 year olds.

morphius 05-27-2010 07:55 AM

Just looking at the list of free stuff I have installed on my Hero (in no particular order):
ColorNote Notepad
Shapewriter Keyboard
Where
flashlight
movies
Rings Extended
Google Translate
Google Goggles
Shazam
Advanced Task Killer
Barcode Scanner
Google Sky Map
Compass
Gmote

Bane 05-27-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoJC (Post 6783519)
Honestly I am not huge into new technology, I just kind of get things after people I know have them so they can teach me how to use them. This thing is pretty freaking sweet, very useful.

I have a BB bold and I love it.I'm not a fan of the touch screen phones at all.I understand the cool apps and all the flashy features that attract people but I have to have the buttons on my phone.My wife has a I Phone as well as damn near everyone I know and they love them,but even being a "mac guy" I still cant stand the I Phone.I guess I'm just not cool enough to understand the hype behind it.:spock:

2bikemike 05-27-2010 07:59 AM

I am looking into getting the Incredible. Right now I don't even text. But I am feeling it is time to get caught up with technology. However I am not eligible for an upgrade until the end of July. So I will wait. Who knows I may get over it by then and I will stay with my cheap ass phone.

El Jefe 05-27-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 6783541)
Just looking at the list of free stuff I have installed on my Hero (in no particular order):
ColorNote NotepadShapewriter Keyboard
Where
flashlightmovies
Rings Extended
Google Translate
Google Goggles
Shazam
Advanced Task Killer
Barcode Scanner
Google Sky Map
Compass
Gmote

Could you explain to me how to get these? I am assuming through the market?

BFergs 05-27-2010 08:02 AM

DIRECT TV. APP IS AWESOME
DIGG
ASTRO. A MUST HAVE FOR MANAGING ALL FILES
CELESTE LITE

El Jefe 05-27-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFergs (Post 6783556)
DIRECT TV. APP IS AWESOME
DIGG
ASTRO. A MUST HAVE FOR MANAGING ALL FILES
CELESTE LITE

Ok clue me in on these, I haven't heard of any of them.

Fish 05-27-2010 08:21 AM

THIS THREAD IS SO IMPORTANT I HAD TO PUT IT IN THE LOUNGE SO PEOPLE WOULD SEE IT!!!!!!11!11!

I got a new phone, let's talk about it......

BFergs 05-27-2010 08:25 AM

DIRECT TV GIVES YOU THE ABILITY TO SET DVR RECORDINGS
DIGG IS A NEWS APP
ASTRO YOU CAN MANAGE FILES
CELESTE IS LIKE GOOGLE SKY, BUT WITH PLANETS AND ORIENTAION OF PLANETS IN THE SKY