ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9067453)
Hmmmm...wonder if Epsiode 7 will follow the Thrawn trilogy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thrawn_trilogy

No, at least not what's been said publicly.

Easy 6 10-30-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9067395)
I'm just glad that Lucas is handing over the franchise to better hands. There is so much potential that's just wasting away.

Amen to every word of that, getting his stale dialogue & style out of it can only be a positive.

At this point, being a consultant is really the best place for him, he can help answer the bigger picture "meaning of the mythos" type questions for the new crew.

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 09:08 PM

Here, Donger. Bloody Lucasfilm copyright claims!!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k_SNI-kUEoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 10-30-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9067460)
No, at least not what's been said publicly.

So will Lucas still have some control over scripts and direction? Imagine if they hired someone like Fincher, or Cameron to direct it?

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 09:11 PM

http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7/207393/

Update: A conference call with shareholders just ended, in which a few more details of the deal were revealed:
  • Star Wars: Episode 7 will be the beginning of a new trilogy that has been mapped out.
  • The treatment for Episode 7 is already completed, on which Lucas consulted.
  • Episodes 8 and 9 will be released approximately every other year following 2015, so expect the sequels in 2017 and 2019.
  • 20th Century Fox will not be involved with these future releases.
  • Disney “really likes” the potential of expanding Star Wars into television on their Disney XD channel, so expect more than a few new animated series.
  • The studio’s concentration is on the Star Wars franchise, so as of now there are no plans to toy with Indiana Jones. The reason being that those films are tied up in some legal shambles with Paramount, who distributed the films. Indiana Jones was not part of the valuation of Lucasfilm when Disney was eyeing the acquisition.
  • Disney plans to leave Lucasfilm’s visual effects company Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) “as it is.”

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 09:14 PM

20th Century Fox are dicks, so that's good.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9067464)
Amen to every word of that, getting his stale dialogue & style out of it can only be a positive.

At this point, being a consultant is really the best place for him, he can help answer the bigger picture "meaning of the mythos" type questions for the new crew.

The best thing the episodes 7-9 could do would be to negate the notion of the "Midichlorians".

Lucas absolutely destroyed the franchise with that revelation. In the original Star Wars movie, the Jedi were referred to as a "religion" and sorcery. Obi Wan convinced Luke to look beyond his physical being and become one with the Force, as if anyone that truly believe could tap into the Force.

With TPM, he utterly destroyed that which made the idea of The Force so special by requiring Force users to be born with a certain amount of garbage in their bloodstream or DNA.

He ripped the heart out of the Jedi Knights with that decision.

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 09:24 PM

Gotta respect Unca George for this statement:

Quote:

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."

"I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Deberg_1990 10-30-2012 09:26 PM

So when will we get Willow 2 ?

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9067524)
So when will we get Willow 2 ?

Right after Howard the Duck 5.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9067516)
Gotta respect Unca George for this statement:

I guess. I'm just happy he finally let go.

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 09:30 PM

Some fanboy just posted that Michael Fassbender would make a great Grand Admiral Thrawn.

IN.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...qqKiUoeZTVSk4w

http://www.theforce.net/books/images/TZ-THRAWN1.jpg

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 09:31 PM

George being old and talking.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YyqlTi7lkhY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 10-30-2012 09:35 PM

Indiana Jones 5 anyone?

saphojunkie 10-30-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9067371)
Oh thank heaven for that.

I knew what it was about, but it was just too esoteric for me. Just very contrived and forced. It was a shame, since the wife said, "Great, so it's going to be another 10 years before I get you out to see a film." She hated it too, though.

Go see Argo. You'll ****ing love it.

saphojunkie 10-30-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9067468)
So will Lucas still have some control over scripts and direction? Imagine if they hired someone like Fincher, or Cameron to direct it?

Guillermo del Toro. Guillermo del Toro. I will say it forever.

Deberg_1990 10-30-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9067566)
Guillermo del Toro. Guillermo del Toro. I will say it forever.

Ben Affleck

Rausch 10-30-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9067535)
George being old and talking.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YyqlTi7lkhY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This clip looks like it was shot in the early 80's.

WTF?...Have these people not gotten a new hair cut or article of clothing since the Empire struck back?...

teedubya 10-30-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9066164)
Disney should cast new actors in the roles for Luke, Leia and Han.

Anthony Daniels can reprise his role as C3P0, and some slapdick can wear the Chewie costume.

Take Timothy Zahn's novels and convert them to Episodes VII, VIII and IX.

PROFIT.

I loved those when I read them back in the day. I think that would be a solid direction, actually.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9067573)
I loved those when I read them back in the day. I think that would be a solid direction, actually.

I loved those novels as well but there is so much information that a trilogy would require a fantastic screenwriter able to provide the backstory without making it too "cheap".

As far as the general public is concerned, I think the Young Jedi series that features Han & Leia's twins and Luke's son would be an easier sell.

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 10:06 PM

One thing I like about this...I now have a sudden urge to re-read the Thrawn novels.

I haven't read them since I was a teenager.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9067627)
One thing I like about this...I now have a sudden urge to re-read the Thrawn novels.

I haven't read them since I was a teenager.

Zahn initially wanted the character of C'Boath to be Obi Wan but Lucas vetoed that.

If you re-read, be sure to read both Zahn dualities that follow. They fill in a TON of back story.

Donger 10-30-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9067449)
I think it's pretty clear. Listen, and learn, dumbass.

I'm sorry? What did Lucas say in the DVD commentary?

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9067644)
I'm sorry? What did Lucas say in the DVD commentary?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k_SNI-kUEoI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Donger 10-30-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9067646)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k_SNI-kUEoI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And you think that proves what?

RealSNR 10-30-2012 10:22 PM

JFC.

Donger, have you ever read any works of literature before?

Donger 10-30-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9067651)
JFC.

Donger, have you ever read any works of literature before?

What would be your guess?

RealSNR 10-30-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9067652)
What would be your guess?

Based on your reluctance to accept this simple character development premise just because it's not emphasized in the dialogue with a ****ing sledgehammer, I'm going to say no. I don't think you've ever read a work of literature where you were forced to make plot inferences yourself.

Psyko Tek 10-30-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9066343)
What on earth makes you think that Lucasfilm is just six film prints of Star Wars?

hell they own howard the duck

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9067648)
And you think that proves what?

Did you even listen? :facepalm:

It's clear evidence that Yoda wasn't being cute just to be cute.

It was part of a test, as in the mythological motif that Lucas quoted.

Lucas goes on to talk about Yoda revealing who he really is later in the movie.

You are either dumb as a rock or trolling.

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 11:42 PM

I do love a good Star Wars thread, guys.

Thanks.

ThaVirus 10-30-2012 11:56 PM

Who's the strongest Star Wars character?

keg in kc 10-30-2012 11:58 PM

Speaking of the Thrawn novels, they've done a 20th anniversary audiobook re-recording of the series in the last year or so: http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=pd_sim...sin=B005IHAT1A

Frazod 10-31-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9067299)

First three movies - my childhood

Last three pieces of shit - raping my childhood

InChiefsHeaven 10-31-2012 05:44 AM

Donger is trolling you guys...for like well over half the thread. He's got ya by the balls.

Swanman 10-31-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9067635)
Zahn initially wanted the character of C'Boath to be Obi Wan but Lucas vetoed that.

If you re-read, be sure to read both Zahn dualities that follow. They fill in a TON of back story.

Outbound Flight was absolutely fantastic and really, really dark at times. That book did an amazing job of filling out Thrawns character.

Garcia Bronco 10-31-2012 07:34 AM

Lucas has said repeatedly that there will be no Episode 7 and I'd imagine he still owns the rights unless someone has said different.

Garcia Bronco 10-31-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9067948)
Outbound Flight was absolutely fantastic and really, really dark at times. That book did an amazing job of filling out Thrawns character.

Yeah...but the whole story starts before the clone wars and ends some 20 years ABY.

Chazno 10-31-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9068055)
Lucas has said repeatedly that there will be no Episode 7 and I'd imagine he still owns the rights unless someone has said different.

So then what of LucasFilm do you see being worth 4.05 Billion?

Donger 10-31-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9067778)
Did you even listen? :facepalm:

It's clear evidence that Yoda wasn't being cute just to be cute.

It was part of a test, as in the mythological motif that Lucas quoted.

Lucas goes on to talk about Yoda revealing who he really is later in the movie.

You are either dumb as a rock or trolling.

That's fine and I accept the premise. The muppet was being cute in order to provoke an emotional response from Luke. How long did you take to find all those examples, BTW?

How about the other cute scenes, such as when Chewy growls at the little toaster R/C thing and it squeaks and takes off in the opposite direction (or the previously mentioned Han scene)? All examples of a cuteness directed at children.

beach tribe 10-31-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

I think it has already been established that there will be a new trilogy.

loochy 10-31-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9068085)
That's fine and I accept the premise. The muppet was being cute in order to provoke an emotional response from Luke. How long did you take to find all those examples, BTW?

How about the other cute scenes, such as when Chewy growls at the little toaster R/C thing and it squeaks and takes off in the opposite direction (or the previously mentioned Han scene)? All examples of a cuteness directed at children.

ROFL DOnger is a troll.

loochy 10-31-2012 08:26 AM

Yoda is a muppet.

http://pvponline.com/news/yoda-is-a-muppet

Donger 10-31-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9068123)
ROFL DOnger is a troll.

Not at all. Let's look at the facts:

Some people say that the prequels were kiddie movies and the first three were not.

Yet only one of the prequels was overtly kiddie (Episode I), as was Episode VI (Ewoks).

Therefore, it cannot be concluded that the prequels were kiddie films and the originals were not.

Frosty 10-31-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9068123)
ROFL DOnger is a troll.

Donger is ****ing up a perfectly good thread again. :mad: This should be about the future of the Star Wars franchise, not arguing minutia from 30 years ago.

InChiefsHeaven 10-31-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9068131)
Not at all. Let's look at the facts:

Some people say that the prequels were kiddie movies and the first three were not.

Yet only one of the prequels was overtly kiddie (Episode I), as was Episode VI (Ewoks).

Therefore, it cannot be concluded that the prequels were kiddie films and the originals were not.

I was 7 when the original Episode 4 came out. I was fascinated. There is not a doubt that there was a dual purpose to the films, they appealed to a wide audience, including kids. In fact, I think they were the first film to really capitalize on toys and such. But I don't remember it as "cutsie" as much as it was Bad Ass. When I was young, Empire was my least favorite. It is the darkest part of the story arc. When Jedi came out, even I knew that the Ewoks were really kiddie stuff, but it didn't detract from the story itself. Basically Episodes 4, 5, and 6 were a masterful combination that appealed to a wide audience. When they came back and did 1, 2 and 3, they went CGI and effects crazy and forgot about any kind of smart writing and character development. And they seemed to go way more kid crazy (Anakin, Jar Jar, little kid Padawans, fart jokes, etc).

IMO, the diagnosis of Yoda being specifically a "kiddie" device is incorrect. He was definitely "cute" but not so much for the kids as for the purpose of his character and what he was doing with Luke.

Frazod 10-31-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9068085)

The bloody severed alien arm was a hoot. Aimed at children! And the burning corpses of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru! Sponge Bob should do a bit with that! HAHA kiddies the Empire just burned up your auntie! Now who wants pudding?

LMAO

Donger 10-31-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068151)
The bloody severed alien arm was a hoot. Aimed at children! And the burning corpses of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru! Sponge Bob should do a bit with that! HAHA kiddies the Empire just burned up your auntie! Now who wants pudding?

LMAO

How about Anakin being cut in half by Obi Wan? Anakin killing all the kids?

We could do this all day...

Frazod 10-31-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9068157)
How about Anakin being cut in half by Obi Wan? Anakin killing all the kids?

We could do this all day...

Knock yourself out. Again, my problem with the last movies is that they're horrible, not their target demographics.

You may have Clay wound up over this, but I'm just laughing at your typical dongerishness.

Donger 10-31-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068161)
Knock yourself out. Again, my problem with the last movies is that they're horrible, not their target demographics.

You may have Clay wound up over this, but I'm just laughing at your typical dongerishness.

Okay, but since you brought up the violence of the originals, I thought I'd bring up the violence of the prequels.

I don' think that GoChiefs is wound up at all.

loochy 10-31-2012 08:53 AM

Frankie told me that Yoda is definitely not a muppet. He was also concerned about the scary prospect of Luke's X-Wing breaking apart in mid air after being stuck in that swamp.

Garcia Bronco 10-31-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazno (Post 9068059)
So then what of LucasFilm do you see being worth 4.05 Billion?

Does Lucas Films include ILM and Lucasarts?

Garcia Bronco 10-31-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9068095)
I think it has already been established that there will be a new trilogy.

I don't think it has...

when Lucas was doing the spots for RedTails and I quote "This is as close to episode 7 as you're ever going to get."

Swanman 10-31-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9068220)
I don't think it has...

when Lucas was doing the spots for RedTails and I quote "This is as close to episode 7 as you're ever going to get."

Disney now owns the joint and they said in the press release that Episode 7 is coming out in 2015. **** what George Lucas says from now on. It's Mickey's call.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Dude

:facepalm:

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

I don't think it has...

Just do a web search.

We'll be seeing Star Wars films, TV, animated characters, etc. for the next 100 years.

Episode 7, 8 & 9 are slated for 2015, 2017 and 2019 with tons more to come.

Mosbonian 10-31-2012 10:34 AM

Not sure why anyone sees this as a surprise.....Star Wars has been tied to Disney's hip for some time now.

Frazod 10-31-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

I don't think it has...

Henley said the Eagles would get back together when hell freezes over.

Clinton said he did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Herm said you play to win the game.

People lie all the time, dude.

Strongside 10-31-2012 10:42 AM

Is Garcia Bronco a mouth-breather? Does he not understand how the sale of intellectual property works? When Lucas sold Lucasfilm, he sold the Star-Wars franchise along with it. Disney is free to do with it whatever they would like...which, as they've ALREADY said, includes more films. The neckbeard has no say in what happens to the franchise and they've paid him handsomely to STFU.

To put this in terms that you may easier understand...

Let's say you drew a pretty picture of Peyton Manning and everyone loved it. You then decided to start a business drawing Peyton Manning photos. People are buying these things up like hot cakes. But somewhere along the line you lose the drive to draw these things, so you go back and touch up the old drawings. Then, when you do new ones...they are completely shitty kid cartoons. Everyone hates you. You then say, out of spite, that there will be no more Peyton Manning drawings. Ever. But then...I come to you and give you 4 billion dollars to buy your Peyton Manning picture business. I am free to do with these drawings whatever I'd like and you can't say shit about it. I would then burn all of your Peyton Manning drawings and mail you the ashes. You get the picture.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068362)
Henley said the Eagles would get back together when hell freezes over.

Clinton said he did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Herm said you play to win the game.

People lie all the time, dude.

Avatar completely blew George away and he began thinking about more Star Wars movies as soon as he saw it. The problem was that he didn't have the energy to do more films. The response to the prequels really hurt him on a personal level.

Once he saw the incredible success of Marvel, he decided to align with Disney. He didn't want his legacy to be a movie from 1977 and with this sale, his I.P. will live forever.

It's all about the ego with these guys.

Ebolapox 10-31-2012 10:45 AM

just looked it up, maybe I'm slow to the party--disney DID acquire Lucasfilms' IP... freaking STEAL right there.

Chiefspants 10-31-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9068170)
Okay, but since you brought up the violence of the originals, I thought I'd bring up the violence of the prequels.

I don' think that GoChiefs is wound up at all.

Is everything an argument to you? Or are you just the old man troll that everyone seems to underestimate?

Chiefspants 10-31-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9068380)
Is everything an argument to you? Or are you just the old man troll that everyone seems to underestimate?

What makes you say that?

/Donger

Strongside 10-31-2012 10:47 AM

CP has gone full nerd.

Frazod 10-31-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068376)
Avatar completely blew George away and he began thinking about more Star Wars movies as soon as he saw it. The problem was that he didn't have the energy to do it.

Once he saw the incredible success of Marvel, he decided to align with Disney. He didn't want his legacy to be a movie from 1977 and with this sale, his I.P. will live forever.

It's all about the ego with these guys.

As long as Lucas and his ego are no longer involved in the creative process, I don't care what he does.

As far as his legacy goes, if he was really concerned about it, he shouldn't have shit all over it with Episodes I-III and the last Indiana Jones disaster (which I was smart enough to never watch).

Again, **** you, George.

stevieray 10-31-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9068384)
CP has gone full TMZ.

this.

Strongside 10-31-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068385)
As long as Lucas and his ego are no longer involved in the creative process, I don't care what he does.

As far as his legacy goes, if he was really concerned about it, he shouldn't have shit all over it with Episodes I-III and the last Indiana Jones disaster (which I was smart enough to never watch).

Again, **** you, George.

Agreed. He ruined any legacy that he had with those debacles.

Donger 10-31-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9068380)

Yes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9066089)
This might be a good thing if it leads to MOAR STAR WARS. :clap:

I'm sure he still has ultimate creative say on anything SW.

Bowser 10-31-2012 10:55 AM

Early in the thread, it was stated (speculated?) that future Star Wars movies would NOT be based on any novels, then the talk focused on the sequels being about the Jedi Academy?

Seriously - if they want to do movies based on novels, do the Thrawn stories. Dane said it would take a great screenwriter, so go offer that person a check to do it. If done properly, the Thrawn series would make ridiculous amounts of money.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9068399)
Early in the thread, it was stated (speculated?) that future Star Wars movies would NOT be based on any novels, then the talk focused on the sequels being about the Jedi Academy?

Seriously - if they want to do movies based on novels, do the Thrawn stories. Dane said it would take a great screenwriter, so go offer that person a check to do it. If done properly, the Thrawn series would make ridiculous amounts of money.

Nope, I say Legacy era with the Solo kids and the Vong.

The Vong are badass and immune to the Force.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068385)

Again, **** you, George.

The worst part is that I don't think he even knew that he was shitting on beloved I.P.

Like I said earlier, the Midichlorians ruined the Star Wars Universe for me. Jar Jar sucked, Ani was a whiny bitch, the dialogue in each prequel was laughable and stiff.

But once he made it known that you had to be born with a certain bloodline to use The Force, ALL the fun was taken away. Hopefully, a smart writer will quickly negate that notion in the onslaught of sequels, TV shows, etc.

Donger 10-31-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068409)
The worst part is that I don't think he even knew that he was shitting on beloved I.P.

Like I said earlier, the Midichlorians ruined the Star Wars Universe for me. Jar Jar sucked, Ani was a whiny bitch, the dialogue in each prequel was laughable and stiff.

But once he made it known that you had to be born with a certain bloodline to use The Force, ALL the fun was taken away. Hopefully, a smart writer will quickly negate that notion in the onslaught of sequels, TV shows, etc.

Was the dialogue really any better in the originals? I remember watching Harrison Ford giving an interview about how bad the dialogue was in the first ones.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068409)

Hayden sucked. Poor casting. Not even Natalie could save that poor hack.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9068399)

The biggest problem with doing a Thrawn series today is that first off, the real age of Hamill, Fisher and Ford don't line up with the books. Plus, I seriously doubt that Ford would even consider it.

I'm guessing they'll do the Thrawn trilogy and the follow up Dualities at some point but I'll bet it'll be when the original actors have absolutely no chance of reprising their role, making it a reboot of sorts.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068419)
The biggest problem with doing a Thrawn series today is that first off, the real age of Hamill, Fisher and Ford don't line up with the books. Plus, I seriously doubt that Ford would even consider it.

I'm guessing they'll do the Thrawn trilogy and the follow up Dualities at some point but I'll bet it'll be when the original actors have absolutely no chance of reprising their role, making it a reboot of sorts.

Yep. Plus, you'd have to do some serious CG to get Carrie back to form...

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9068415)
Was the dialogue really any better in the originals? I remember watching Harrison Ford giving an interview about how bad the dialogue was in the first ones.

The dialogue wasn't necessarily better, but it was certainly more believable due to the actors delivering the lines.

In the prequels, the only guy that I truly believed was Liam Neeson. But then again, he's awesome in everything.

Deberg_1990 10-31-2012 11:04 AM

American Graffeti 3, John Milner Reborn!

Starring Nicholas Cage, a Jerry Bruckheimer production.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068427)
Yep. Plus, you'd have to do some serious CG to get Carrie back to form...

Yeah, Disney's not going that route. They have a large universe to explore and a timeline of like 20,000 years.

I could see them going back 1,000 years before ANH and starting out with a young Yoda and the Republic at that time before doing anything of note with the original cast (outside of Hamill, the droids and Chewy).

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068439)
Yeah, Disney's not going that route. They have a large universe to explore and a timeline of like 20,000 years.

I could see them going back 1,000 years before ANH and starting out with a young Yoda and the Republic at that time before doing anything of note with the original cast (outside of Hamill, the droids and Chewy).

Old Republic is hot right now.