ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 1, Heat 4. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255048)

Rain Man 01-14-2012 08:46 AM

Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 1, Heat 4.

Got some classics in this heat. Pick three.

Pioli Zombie 01-14-2012 08:47 AM

Pick three what?

Rain Man 01-14-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 8293382)
Pick three what?

Of your favorites. In the poll. I think you arrived before the curtain rose.

cardken 01-14-2012 08:54 AM

Max Baer Jr. simply brilliant. Shocking not even a Emmy nomination. Family Ties was a great, well written show and gave us the opportunity to see a star develop right in front of us in Micheal J Fox.

Rain Man 01-14-2012 08:55 AM

This is a tough one for me.

#1. The Simpsons, clearly. While the plots aren't always as crisp as I'd like, and I take off a few points for animation, it's a top-notch show that can consistently make me laugh. The massive ensemble that's not possible in live-person TV gives them a big advantage.

#2. MASH. While the preachiness at times was annoying, you can't take away from the fact that it was a creative and funny show. I just wish Colonel Blake had stayed around longer.

#3. Beverly Hillbillies. Wins the #3 spot by a Jed Clampett whisker over #4. It was a bizarre concept that could've only worked in less sensitive times, but it was fun to watch Jethro's growing pains and Elly Mae's dustups. One of my favorite scenes was the target shooting in their back yard.

Didn't make the cut.

#4. Family Ties. Who doesn't like Alex P. Keaton? Michael J. Fox created an iconic character of the 80s and carried what was otherwise a weak show. Plus, Elyse and Mallory were pretty easy on the eyes. Could've been #3 on a different day, but not today.

#5. Extras. Maybe I'd like it, but I've never heard of it and never seen it. It's like Jon Huntsman to me.

Deberg_1990 01-14-2012 09:28 AM

Family ties is extremely underrated. Simple concept, but the execution was flawless. Some really great writing,.and strong comedic timing and performances.
Posted via Mobile Device

trndobrd 01-14-2012 09:45 AM

Always amused that the Korean War was the basis for a Situation Comedy.

Mosbonian 01-14-2012 09:49 AM

I guess I am probably in the minority of people who has never seen a full Simpson's episode and don't really care if I ever do.

Just not funny to me...but to each their own.

Frazod 01-14-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 8293451)

Also, a mobile army surgical hospital that only moved once (and the back to the original location by the end of the episode).

Deberg_1990 01-14-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 8293451)

It.was basically Vietnam era liberalism disguised by the Korean war setting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mosbonian 01-14-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8293388)
This is a tough one for me.

#1. The Simpsons, clearly. While the plots aren't always as crisp as I'd like, and I take off a few points for animation, it's a top-notch show that can consistently make me laugh. The massive ensemble that's not possible in live-person TV gives them a big advantage.

#2. MASH. While the preachiness at times was annoying, you can't take away from the fact that it was a creative and funny show. I just wish Colonel Blake had stayed around longer.

#3. Beverly Hillbillies. Wins the #3 spot by a Jed Clampett whisker over #4. It was a bizarre concept that could've only worked in less sensitive times, but it was fun to watch Jethro's growing pains and Elly Mae's dustups. One of my favorite scenes was the target shooting in their back yard.

Didn't make the cut.

#4. Family Ties. Who doesn't like Alex P. Keaton? Michael J. Fox created an iconic character of the 80s and carried what was otherwise a weak show. Plus, Elyse and Mallory were pretty easy on the eyes. Could've been #3 on a different day, but not today.

#5. Extras. Maybe I'd like it, but I've never heard of it and never seen it. It's like Jon Huntsman to me.

I would replace The Simpsons with Family Ties.....the character Michael J Fox created is one of the classic characters in Sitcom. And speaking of easy on the eyes, several of the gals playing Alex's g/f's weren't bad either. Courteney Cox, Chelsea Noble, and Tracy Pollan all were girlfriends at one point in time.

Frazod 01-14-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8293469)
I would replace The Simpsons with Family Ties.....the character Michael J Fox created is one of the classic characters in Sitcom. And speaking of easy on the eyes, several of the gals playing Alex's g/f's weren't bad either. Courteney Cox, Chelsea Noble, and Tracy Pollan all were girlfriends at one point in time.

Courtney Cox was smoking hot on Family Ties - much like Jennifer Connelly, she looked much better when she still had the youthful baby fat thing going on.

Rasputin 01-14-2012 09:58 AM

Am ready to vote for Sanford & Son in one of your polls.

It's the only one I can think of that can compete against Seinfeld.

I love them both so it's going be hard to decide. Most likely Seinfeld tho for me, but Red Fox is the best.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/stdi-1tIUhM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/stdi-1tIUhM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

mikey23545 01-14-2012 09:59 AM

Simpsons easily won a vote from me, but that's it.

MASH was simply the "All-Star Liberals Revival Hour" except they forget to give an address at the end of the show where you could send your donations.

Family Ties and Beverly Hillbillies were decent shows but fall a little short of being Pro Bowl material. I don't even know what the hell Extras is supposed to be.

cardken 01-14-2012 10:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8293469)

Cox and Pollan, Sadly no Noble, she was Kirk Camerons squeeze over on the ABC networks "Growing Pains." Speaking of which, I preferred the smoking cute Julie McCoulough, between herself or Noble.