ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I'm going to make a lot of you ill with this thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270557)

Fat Elvis 02-28-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9450485)
Very nice...About time somebody around here is using some Logic and common sense.

Why can't Clark and the front office use some logic and common sense? Is that too much to ask?

AndChiefs 02-28-2013 10:12 AM

Hey, as a fan, I'm going to say the same thing I said with Cassel. I hope it works out.

I thought Cassel would flame out from day one. I was right. I hope I'm wrong about Smith.

InChiefsHeaven 02-28-2013 10:12 AM

Well, I said when we got Reid that I'd give him a chance. This move doesn't feel overwhelmingly good, and it DOES feel Pioli-esque, but what the hell. I'm in. For now.

bricks 02-28-2013 10:13 AM

I agree with this thread in a sense where Alex Smith thrived under good coaching.

This trade may seem like shades of Matt Cassel part two all over again, but, at least the situation is a bit different in that Alex Smith will be put in the similar situation to the one he had in San Francisco playing in a west coast offense under the tutelage of good coaching. He'll have the same sort of thing here in KC. Which kinda makes me feel abit optimistic about the move.

People may really hate this move, but at the end of the day it was really about Andy Reid finding that QB suitable for the west coast offense he wants to run here. That's the way I perceive this move at the very least tbh

HIChief 02-28-2013 10:14 AM

W-L record

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9450446)
Go and actually look for yourself what Alice has done the last 2 yrs when he's been "good". He's terrible.

Well, according to the crawler across the bottom of the ESPN broadcast, the 49ers were either 19-5 or 17-5 over the last two years with Alex Smith under center. That's better than anything we've had in recent memory.

I agree with the gent who said we should swap 1st rounders with another team aching for the Nr1 pick and recoup our second rounder. We still could pick up a QBOF later in the 1st round. Or, we could pick up that Trayvon fellow out of WV to provide another target for Smith. There's lots of options, and the Chiefs are still in command of their destiny.

Sunshine and rainbows...........

keg in kc 02-28-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9450439)
I'm not pissed at Alex Smith the player. I accepted the fact as soon as the rumors started that he was probably coming here. I'm pissed at the compensation that we gave up and how it basically ****s us when it comes to the draft.....just like 2009.

Yep.

Alex Smith is fine if you want to get back to the glory years of rarely below .500, rarely above 10 wins. It's a safe move, and you don't have to deal with the possibility of a rookie QB turning the ball over.

But it demonstrates yet again a complete lack of forward thinking, and we're paying out the nose for a guy nobody wanted for free. So basically we've changed the names on the office door, and nothing else.

Old Dog 02-28-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9450439)
I'm not pissed at Alex Smith the player. I accepted the fact as soon as the rumors started that he was probably coming here. I'm pissed at the compensation that we gave up and how it basically ****s us when it comes to the draft.....just like 2009.

Yup

Mr. Flopnuts 02-28-2013 10:17 AM

I forgot one of my bullet points, and I'm adding it to the OP. I knew the clutch thing was going to come up, and I used that moment for a reason. Even while struggling, he made the very best pass of the game at the precise moment it mattered most. That is the very definition of clutch. I'm not as down on him as I was Cassel. I still don't love the trade, but I loathed the fact that we brought in Cassel and I was adament about it from the start. I can at least see some kind of upside to Alex Smith. I couldn't say that with Matt Cassel on any level.

KC_Lee 02-28-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIChief (Post 9450527)
Well, according to the crawler across the bottom of the ESPN broadcast, the 49ers were either 19-5 or 17-5 over the last two years with Alex Smith under center. That's better than anything we've had in recent memory.

I agree with the gent who said we should swap 1st rounders with another team aching for the Nr1 pick and recoup our second rounder. We still could pick up a QBOF later in the 1st round. Or, we could pick up that Trayvon fellow out of WV to provide another target for Smith. There's lots of options, and the Chiefs are still in command of their destiny.

Sunshine and rainbows...........

And lolipops and unicorns and ponies!!!

We have a game manager, at best, as our starting QB. Nobody is going to give us and decent trade for our #1 pick. In short we are screwed.

gblowfish 02-28-2013 10:18 AM

I'm sure we have a good chance to double our win total from last year.

The Franchise 02-28-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 9450456)
I might get hell for this but oh well, as much as I hated seeing us trading for Alex Smith we as Chiefs fans need to trust Andy Reid and John Dorsey, at least give it a chance, who know it may workout, it may not, you just never know.

I'm seriously tired of this ****ing bullshit argument.

I did that in 2009 and got the last 4 years as a ****ing reward for doing it. Do you think that the Lions fans sat there and did the whole...."well...he drafted another WR....he knows what he's doing!"? It's a ****ing bullshit argument by the fans who love 8-8 and having fun at a tailgate.

Fool me once....shame on you. Fool me twice....shame on me.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey don't get my undivided devotion. I don't care if people think that's not fair and that I'm not a fan of this team.....but it's the ****ing truth. Unless they draft a QB at #1.....this year is going to be the year that everyone comes back to.

If Geno Smith ends up being a Top 10 QB.....then they failed.
If Matt Barkley ends up being a Top 10 QB.....then they failed.

They had a shot to grab EITHER ONE of those QBs at #1.....and they chose to pass for a 27 year old game manager.

And you know what....I blame the fans for this. I blame the fans because I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing from this fan base that they don't want to struggle for a year or two with a rookie QB. I blame the fans for being happy with the mediocrity that is 8-8 or 10-6 and getting killed in the 1st round of the playoffs. It's because of fans like that...that we're stuck with retread QBs every few years.

Rasputin 02-28-2013 10:19 AM

I would have rather traded for the 1.24 pick of 2005 draft.

keg in kc 02-28-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9450542)
I'm seriously tired of this ****ing bullshit argument.

I did that in 2009 and got the last 4 years as a ****ing reward for doing it. Do you think that the Lions fans sat there and did the whole...."well...he drafted another WR....he knows what he's doing!"? It's a ****ing bullshit argument by the fans who love 8-8 and having fun at a tailgate.

Fool me once....shame on you. Fool me twice....shame on me.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey don't get my undivided devotion. I don't care if people think that's not fair and that I'm not a fan of this team.....but it's the ****ing truth. Unless they draft a QB at #1.....this year is going to be the year that everyone comes back to.

If Geno Smith ends up being a Top 10 QB.....then they failed.
If Matt Barkley ends up being a Top 10 QB.....then they failed.

They had a shot to grab EITHER ONE of those QBs at #1.....and they chose to pass for a 27 year old game manager.

And you know what....I'm blame the fans for this. I blame the fans because I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing from this fan base that they don't want to struggle for a year or two with a rookie QB. I'm blame the fans for being happy with the mediocrity that is 8-8 or 10-6 and getting killed in the 1st round of the playoffs. It's because of fans like that...that we're stuck with retread QBs every few years.

Hey, as long as the tailgating's good, who cares if we win!

HolyHat 02-28-2013 10:22 AM

Very good write-up Flop, well done.

But I just want to say, this is going to fail. It's going to fail at an epic capacity. We will want to burn down the stadium in a couple years it will fail so badly...

Lets say this somehow works for a couple 3 years. The best we will ever see is a 9 to 11 game winning season, We will NEVER overtake the donkeys with Peyton Manthing. Alex Smith will NOT take us deep into the playoffs.

This "clutch" factor that you speak of doesnt exist in my opinion. The guy is TERRIBLE on third downs when he is needed the most. Clay pointed out yesterday how bad Smiths record is when opposing teams score 24 or more. Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1. So he certainly cant bring us back in a game.

**** that.

His best seasons were in a run first offense. The polar opposite of Reids offense. I've tried to wrap my head around this for the better part of 24 hours. I just don't see it. My signature tells the whole story.

Wildcat2005 02-28-2013 10:23 AM

If Smith was so good and clutch, Harbough would of kept him and never drafted Kap in the first place

He has been a mediocre qb throughout his career, even Harbough knew he was limited

That is what I don't understand. Why is he good enough when the guy who got the most out of him didn't even fully believe in him?