ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV WEEDS tonight!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185989)

Buck 06-10-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6812297)
Damn.

That had to be a fun night.

Have you seen either of Leary's two taped performances? Or did you just go because it was DL?

It amazes me how many people have no ****ing clue that Denis Leary started as/is a standup comedian.

I've listened to a No Cure for Cancer CD a while ago. I just went because I knew he is funny and he pulls no punches, my favorite kind of comedian.

I love Louis CK too. Have you ever seen "Chewed Up"?

I literally thought at one point I was going to die of laughter (no joke).

OnTheWarpath15 06-10-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6812314)
I've listened to a No Cure for Cancer CD a while ago. I just went because I knew he is funny and he pulls no punches, my favorite kind of comedian.

Oh, ****.

You have to WATCH "No Cure."

You need to check out "Lock and Load" as well.

Otter 06-10-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6812314)

Louis CK cracks me the **** up. Two bits stand out at the moment:

1. When he's comparing changing his daughters diaper to a 48 year old alcoholic taking a dump the next morning after getting drunk, stopping at Denny's for a grand slam breakfast and then getting in a fight in the parking lot

2. Where his wife gives him a hand job for his birthday. I literally had to stand up and look away for a second to catch my breath.

Joe Rogan is actually turning into a pretty good stand up comic. Not Louis CK caliper but getting better.

Wow, this thread got off track.

TrickyNicky 06-10-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 6812367)

Joe Rogan is actually turning into a pretty good stand up comic. Not Louis CK caliper but getting better.

Wow, this thread got off track.

Have you heard Rogan's podcast? It just recently got sponsored by Fleshlight, and its pretty funny. Not Adam Carolla funny, but still very enjoyable if you don't mind a lot of discussion about hallucinogens and weed.

DrRyan 06-10-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6807807)
No, this show is not as good as season 1 and 2.

I will still watch it, but its getting pretty ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6807987)
I thought season 5 is the worst.

They found out that the show is really funny, and then they just started forcing the funny oneliners. Yes, they are funny, but when it feels forced its just not as good as it flowed in the first couple seasons.

I still watch it as well but IMO it jumped the shark in season 3 and it never recovered. I have not yet watched any of this season though.

Otter 06-10-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6812487)
Have you heard Rogan's podcast? It just recently got sponsored by Fleshlight, and its pretty funny. Not Adam Carolla funny, but still very enjoyable if you don't mind a lot of discussion about hallucinogens and weed.

I watched three of them and I don't mind the hallucinogen talk at all. He seems to get a bit serious sometimes but the one where he his sidekick had the "bloody butthole" was my favorite so far. He was on for that one.

Fire Me Boy! 02-22-2011 03:24 PM

I've just started watching WEEDS. Seasons 1-5 are on Netflix Instant. Mrs. FMB! and I are about halfway through season 4 now. It's definitely dropped off. The wifey said the other night that she's about done with it because it's starting to bore her.

What I'm reading here is we need to barrel through and get to season 5.

Buck 02-22-2011 03:26 PM

I generally don't do this, but I watched through Season 5 (I think?) and have no desire to watch Season 6 or any other seasons they have.

pr_capone 02-22-2011 03:28 PM

I stopped watching after season 3.

The show took a serious nosedive when the writers decided that Mary Louise should **** anything that moves and the little psychotic kid Shane started beating off to his mother's pic.

Fire Me Boy! 02-22-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7446241)
I stopped watching after season 3.

The show took a serious nosedive when the writers decided that Mary Louise should **** anything that moves and the little psychotic kid Shane started beating off to his mother's pic.

I haven't gotten there yet, but I can't say I blame him. MLP is freakin' hot.

Fire Me Boy! 02-22-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7446238)
I generally don't do this, but I watched through Season 5 (I think?) and have no desire to watch Season 6 or any other seasons they have.

I can understand that. But at this point, I feel like I've invested enough time into to watch it through to conclusion. We'll see, though.

pr_capone 02-22-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7446319)
I haven't gotten there yet, but I can't say I blame him. MLP is freakin' hot.

She is... but you simply just don't tug it looking at a pic of your mom.

Sorry meng, didn't mean to drop a spoiler.

Fire Me Boy! 02-22-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7446328)
She is... but you simply just don't tug it looking at a pic of your mom.

Sorry meng, didn't mean to drop a spoiler.

But I can still do it right? She ain't my mom. :thumb:

Buck 02-22-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7446324)
I can understand that. But at this point, I feel like I've invested enough time into to watch it through to conclusion. We'll see, though.

My money is on you giving up before its over. Its that bad.

pr_capone 02-22-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7446344)
But I can still do it right? She ain't my mom. :thumb:

You can crank the love pump to anything you like. No judgment here.